• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Bearsyzf

Android Expert
This phone is coming out this month and I'm thinking about getting it, has anyone got any Idea about it. My Note 9 has stopped getting updates and they say the Camera is the big difference from the S22 Ultra.

I predict this is how the S23 might look. Definitely needs more cameras, to differentiate it from the previous flagship S series phones.

s23.jpg

I'm still rockin the S21. It is hands down the best phone I've owned. Reading all of the good things about the S22 made me want to upgrade. I finally got over it. Now the S23.... It will be tough to sit still.
I can't imagine 200X This is a pic at 100X S21 Ultra:
Moon.jpg

That 200 megapixel camera is very impressive. Samsung has made some great improvements with their cameras. The only Samsung I owned was a Galaxy S II and the camera on that phone was terrible. My Palm Treo Pro took better pictures.

I'm very impressed with the quality of pics taken with the S21. The problem with 100X is holding the subject in the picture and keeping the phone steady. 200X... I don't know. I was at a local basketball game last year and an ex player, Fred VanVleet, was in attendance. He was across from the stadium from me but I managed to take some cool pics of him at 30X or so. The zoom feature is cool and takes amazing shots.

Just picked up a refurb S22 Ultra. Coming from a Flip 3 and a Note 10+ 5g. I'm selling the Flip 3 and the Note went to my son.

The S22 U arrived yesterday in fantastic shape. So fast and smooth. Should be my phone for a few years.

Well, the Darling Bride has finally decided to move from her Note 10+ into this decade. She knows that the S Pen being on the opposite side of the phone will be a learning curve, but the Note is falling way behind in capability. So I'm here, just to keep tabs on the latest & greatest. I'll be preordering it today.

I can't imagine 200X

I'm super obsessed with the zoomies! I have a really lame TikTok account where I basically just zoom in on things because it's fun hahaha... like once every month I can't resist sharing to the Tiksters. Would be double the fun at 200X!

How long should i wait for all the bugs to get tweaked and fixed in the S23 Ultra before getting it ?

Forever. "All the bugs" will never happen. As far as most of the bugs, the really big bugs, I'd say they're already worked out unless you use a small, obscure carrier. Even big carriers like VZW and T-mo may have a few issues with their carrier bloatware... er, "additional features". That's why I like to get my new phones unlocked, directly from Samsung. I can slap in my SIM card and rock on.

I love my S21+ 5G as it's been a great phone, especially the photography part of it. I buy a new phone every two years so it's time. I've read many reviews of this new S23 Ultra and most of them rave about this phone, especially the camera part. So I ordered mine yesterday and should be getting it sometime next week. I'll post more once I've used it a week or so. Can't wait, it's almost like buying a new car. We did that one last year, a new Toyota TRD Off Road.

I'm still rockin the S21. It is hands down the best phone I've owned. Reading all of the good things about the S22 made me want to upgrade. I finally got over it. Now the S23.... It will be tough to sit still.
I can't imagine 200X This is a pic at 100X S21 Ultra:
View attachment 165331

I love my S21+ 5G as it's been a great phone, especially the photography part of it. I buy a new phone every two years so it's time. I've read many reviews of this new S23 Ultra and most of them rave about this phone, especially the camera part. So I ordered mine yesterday and should be getting it sometime next week. I'll post more once I've used it a week or so. Can't wait, it's almost like buying a new car. We did that one last year, a new Toyota TRD Off Road.
Adding to my post... not exactly happy right now. I pre-ordered my S23 Ultra on the 16th and I asked the sales personal when I would get it as I wanted it before my vacation to Mexico on March 1st. He said no problem, I'd get the phone in 2-5 business days. So I signed the agreements etc, ($199 owed after promotion deals for $1,379 ). Boy was I happy then. However, the sales person lied. Five business days after the 16th. Not even shipped yet. As of today, still not shipped yet! :mad: 👎 When I went online via chat with T-Mobile, they said it was on backorder and the new date projected was for March 13th. :0 I really wanted this for my vacation to sunny Mexico.

I'm mad enough now that if I don't have it by vacation time I'm going to try to break the contract and keep my current S21+ 5G phone for another year. I have written on paper from the sales person about getting it by Feb 23rd... see attached date promised. So I hope I can break that contract.
+Galaxy_23_Ultra-deal.jpg

+Galaxy_23_Ultra-deal-final.jpg

I did a chat with T-Mobile today and she said it is being shipped Monday and I should get it on Wed.
We will see....
Hopefully you get it in time!
That is whack though. One of the reasons I only like ordering from Samsung/unlocked. Vzw had the best deal this go around for me, but I HATE the monthly credit BS that you lose if you dont pay on it for 3 years, no other options. Ordering from Sammy is an instant credit, it was just not near as good of a deal.

I did a chat with T-Mobile today and she said it is being shipped Monday and I should get it on Wed.
We will see....
Did NOT get shipped today... third time they did this, tell me a date and didn't happen. When I went online to chat, they gave me a bunch of excuses, this time he said between 27th and March 3rd. When I signed up on the 16th I was told in 2-5 business days, on the 23rd for sure. Isn't this grounds for breaking the contract I signed as I won't have the phone in time for my vacation I'm leaving on this weekend. If phone comes then it will get sent back as I have to sign for it. All phones are paid for so I want to leave T-Mobile now... sick of runarounds.

Back
Top Bottom