• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Script] RC 2.1 10/26 V6 SuperCharger! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! The ONLY Android MEMORY FIXER!

Just been doing alittle reading about busybox, from what I'm getting its an expansion on libs and commands to what android does. That is why it came installed by default with mik and is included with many other proggys that get down into the guts of the OS.

I haven't seen any instability thus far. So its my guess that with what busybox does, not actually being an app, and that my system has been locked in good. I'll give it a seal of approval on installing on our EVO setup with a new version of busybox as not being a problem.

I'll dig alittle further but no system errors or locks. It my sneaky suspicion that the "supported on all android systems" might be the reason for the version limitation.

Upvote 0
This is looking really promising, I'll have to download it.

Oh, and when did everyone find out about the battery calibration apk, I've only recently heard of it, and never tried it, but *everyone* seems to be doing it...

And Granite, after that mario theme, I'm imagining your band as one of the bands making music with Nintendo music, and I'm locking that thought down lol.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
I ran the script and chose setting #8 as I saw suggested in some other posts here. I do notice a difference in multitasking speed but think I'm also having little bit of a faster battery drain (i.e. worse battery life). Anybody else experiencing the same? I don't think I've changed anything other than running the script and using my phone as usual.

Btw, no custom rom here...just stock rooted 2.3.3...

Thanks!!

I'm bumping up my own post...seeing if anyone is having similar issues.

My battery life issue described above seems to have "calmed down" since the last few days ago that I posted my issue. Might have been a rogue app but STILL interested in seeing if anyone has had any not-so-positive results with option #8 or any other script option...

Upvote 0
Hi, I would really like to give this a try. Im running Alliance RLS2 and it came with the already installed task manager. How do I uninstall this task manager? I tried using uninstaller app from market, but its not showing up so I can uninstall it. Thanks!

do you have titanium backup? you can use that to delete the app.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to chime in and post my overall experiences w/ this sript. I decided to uninstall due to extreme lag. When I was using this script w/ the stock kernel, my phone was very snappy, multitasking was great, etc. When I used this script w/ a custom kernel and overclocked, etc., I noticed my phone started to become very laggy and non-responsive, so I unsupercharged and reinstalled my task killer to see if that would make a difference in the overall performance of my Evo.....It did. My phone is blazing again. I'm thinking that it's either one or the other (atleast w/ my Evo). Either you run the script w/ a stock kernel (or custom w/o overclocking or setting SetCPU profiles) and you get great results OR you run your Evo w/ a custom kernel, over/underclock, set SetCPU profiles, and you get the same speedy results as if you ran the script by itself....I dunno, anyone have similar experiences?

Upvote 0
Just wanted to chime in and post my overall experiences w/ this sript. I decided to uninstall due to extreme lag. When I was using this script w/ the stock kernel, my phone was very snappy, multitasking was great, etc. When I used this script w/ a custom kernel and overclocked, etc., I noticed my phone started to become very laggy and non-responsive, so I unsupercharged and reinstalled my task killer to see if that would make a difference in the overall performance of my Evo.....It did. My phone is blazing again. I'm thinking that it's either one or the other (atleast w/ my Evo). Either you run the script w/ a stock kernel (or custom w/o overclocking or setting SetCPU profiles) and you get great results OR you run your Evo w/ a custom kernel, over/underclock, set SetCPU profiles, and you get the same speedy results as if you ran the script by itself....I dunno, anyone have similar experiences?

I am running it with a custom kernel (tiamat 3.3.7) and CM7 and the script is running great. I have tried it with the kernel underclocked to 800 (where I usualy keep it) and with it overclocked to 1152, both times it made the phone faster than when it wasn't running the script.

Upvote 0
Maybe my phone is being temperamental, I'll give it a try w/ a different ROM at some point.

it was weird for me. when i used it, my phone at times would be super fast and smooth, then at other times it would lag. but when i turned supercharger off, everything seemed to be smooth more consistently. so maybe it has something to do with overclocking. i'm gonna try and just underclock with the supercharger and see if there is a difference.

Upvote 0
it was weird for me. when i used it, my phone at times would be super fast and smooth, then at other times it would lag. but when i turned supercharger off, everything seemed to be smooth more consistently. so maybe it has something to do with overclocking. i'm gonna try and just underclock with the supercharger and see if there is a difference.

Let us know what you turn up.

Upvote 0
Let us know what you turn up.

ok so when i underclocked and superchargered on the freedom kernel, i at first was getting a lot of lag. but after a few hours that lag went away. now everything seems to be much faster. now for comparison i will try and overclock with no supercharger and see the difference.

Upvote 0
ok so i am currently running this script on mik3d with golden monkey1.1 and i have found that i can run this script with #8. with 1.1 kernel i can now overclock at 1190 and run the script with no lag what so ever. on the 1.0 kernel that was not possible. i had to do either overclock or run the script. i could not run both. it is pretty snazzy now. been running this setup for a few days now.

Upvote 0

Have you tried the Supercharger and Overclocking without the Task Manager?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones