• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio 1600mAh extended life battery

Upvote 0
Here are some pics of my ProPorta 3400 with my HTC Desire. It does charge the HTC Desire but I have not used it in anger yet. It does say on it that its output is 700mA.

surfxombie-albums-proporta-picture1270-proporta-3400-front-htc-desire.jpg

surfxombie-albums-proporta-picture1269-proporta-3400-end-top-htc-desire.jpg

surfxombie-albums-proporta-picture1268-proporta-3400-side-top-htc-desire.jpg

Reactions: eozen81 and prav
Upvote 0
That's the other one i was looking at azz, it looks ok, the larger 5400 has fairly good reviews. I like the look of the proporta better, it looks tougher and less plasticy, but it is a few mm thicker.

Now to add another problem, i just found this:

Play.com (UK) : Veho Pebble Portable Battery Power Back-up : Electronics - Free Delivery

which according to it's specs has similar dimensions to the other 2, but i can find no 'action shots' to gauge the accuracy of that. I think it's quite new.

here are the dimensions so far (cm)

Proporta - 9.8 x 6 x 1.6
iWalk - 8.6 x 7.5 x 1.2
Veho Pebble - 10 x 5.6 x 1.3 (but supposedly 5000 mAh!)

The pebble's charge is overkill for me probably, but it might be nice to have at the same size as the others. HOWEVER. I'm not sure how likely that claim is yet. Shouldn't batteries ALWAYS be bigger and heavier to hold a higher charge? If it were possible you'd think the others would be smaller or they'd hold the same charge.

ATM I'm holding off, just got my phone today so I want to see how much juice I use :)

EDIT:
Better pics of the Pebble here
Looks a little bigger than it's specs say based on the pic next to an iphone, but i'm still not sure it can really hold that much charge...

Upvote 0
So I used the Proporta while the phone ran Google Navigation, which will drain the battery unless the power supplied is sufficient. That is if you only get a 500ma charge link it drains, such as a USB rather than AC source.

Well it charged the phone while running the navigation while I drove to work. The proporta did not get warm.

I also suspect that it turns off after fully charging the phone... though I need to double check this.

Upvote 0
That's the other one i was looking at azz, it looks ok, the larger 5400 has fairly good reviews. I like the look of the proporta better, it looks tougher and less plasticy, but it is a few mm thicker.

Now to add another problem, i just found this:

Play.com (UK) : Veho Pebble Portable Battery Power Back-up : Electronics - Free Delivery

which according to it's specs has similar dimensions to the other 2, but i can find no 'action shots' to gauge the accuracy of that. I think it's quite new.

here are the dimensions so far (cm)

Proporta - 9.8 x 6 x 1.6iWalk - 8.6 x 7.5 x 1.2
Veho Pebble - 10 x 5.6 x 1.3 (but supposedly 5000 mAh!)

The pebble's charge is overkill for me probably, but it might be nice to have at the same size as the others. HOWEVER. I'm not sure how likely that claim is yet. Shouldn't batteries ALWAYS be bigger and heavier to hold a higher charge? If it were possible you'd think the others would be smaller or they'd hold the same charge.

ATM I'm holding off, just got my phone today so I want to see how much juice I use :)

EDIT:
Better pics of the Pebble here
Looks a little bigger than it's specs say based on the pic next to an iphone, but i'm still not sure it can really hold that much charge...

now you thrown a spanner in the works haha, just as am about to order the proporta you chuck this one in that is at 5000 instead of 3400 and only an extra

Upvote 0
Ok so i managed to finish early and have rushed home for my pebble :)

first impressions when i opened the box was wow its good build quality, it seems solid and i would say roughly similar weight to that of the desire. The feel of it is a lot like the feel to the desire back.

It came with a neoprene case, USB cable(for charging and discharging), and 5 adaptors(micro-USB, mini-USB, iPod/iPhone, the last two seem to be nokia, samsung). It is very simple to use it has one button which you either hold for 3seconds to turn on or 5seconds for it to flash on with the power level. There are four lights situated at the top the right 3 are to state the power level of full(>80%), med(between 20% and 80%), and low(<20%).

The output on it is a USB out which is covered at the top, when charging i recommend using the cable supplied with the pebble and not the HTC cable this is due to two factors, one being the cable supplied is shorter and the second is that when the phone is on charge using this one the phone says charging via AC where as the HTC cable will say USB. From what i have read into this charging via AC is a higher current so should be faster, please correct me if i am wrong.

i will drain the phone battery tomorrow down to 4% then see how long it takes to charge back to 100%, also noting how much charge is left in the pebble.

The one thing at the moment which i thought was a slight downfall not major was that the neoprene case had no compartment for the cable or adaptors, the cable still fits in the case as shown below but it would be nice for it to have its own little compartment.

Here are some photos of the pebble along side the desire:

Desire, Pebble, and Accessories.
P05-06-10_1630.jpg

Desire, Pebble, and cable for charging via micro usb.
P05-06-10_1631.jpg

Side view showing depth difference.
P05-06-10_163101.jpg

On charge using supplied cable(phone states charging via AC).
P05-06-10_1634.jpg

On charge using HTC cable(phone states charging via USB).
P05-06-10_1633.jpg

Top view showing difference in height and width.
P05-06-10_1632.jpg

Pebble and cable(including micro-usb adaptor) packed up.
P05-06-10_1637.jpg

Sorry if the review is rubbish its the first i have ever attempted :)

Upvote 0
Thanks doad13! That was very helpful. I'll wait til amazon has stock again and see what happens to the price but I'll probably get that one, it looks pretty good :)

Your review was fine, the pics were all the angles I'd want and stuff.

Does putting the pebble in a jeans pocket feel uncomfortable when you sit down or walk in any way? I'd likely not actually do that (much) but it would be nice to know :)

I look forward to your charging rate test :) thanks again

Upvote 0
Thanks doad13! That was very helpful. I'll wait til amazon has stock again and see what happens to the price but I'll probably get that one, it looks pretty good :)

Your review was fine, the pics were all the angles I'd want and stuff.

Does putting the pebble in a jeans pocket feel uncomfortable when you sit down or walk in any way? I'd likely not actually do that (much) but it would be nice to know :)

I look forward to your charging rate test :) thanks again

I just had a test with my work pants, pair of jeans and a pair of shorts. work pants have largish pockets and it slips in and out no problem, the jeans its fits in and doesn't really feel uncomfortable, feels a lot like my wallet in there, however i would say that due to the material lining the pocket and the neoprene with the fact that this pocket is slightly tighter that the work ones it seems slightly more awkward to get in. shorts again very much like the work pants just sits there and is really un-noticeable.

The charging rate test will be done tomorrow night and should have feedback on here around 22.00-23.00 hopefully.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones