• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seido will not be selling the desktop charger

I just spoke to Seidio. They have decided not to do the desktop charger and concentrate on the Droid X instead. After 2 months of the website saying coming soon they decided without warning not to sell it. This is BS people. Shame on me or any other Inc. owners that buys products from them.

Concentrate on Droid X accessories or a Droid X dock...because if it's another dock, then it's incredibly stupid since their dock will have to compete against Motorola's whereas there would be zero competition for an Incredible dock...

Upvote 0
Hello All,

Thank you all for your interest in Seidio! We appreciate all the feedbacks and want to explain a bit about the reasoning behind our decision.

The cradle and car kit development were constrained by severe technical difficulty during development. A vertical Incredible Cradles were difficult to design because of the location of its USB port. A horizontal cradle would also not work because of its Dock and Car mode.

Customer satisfaction is our number one goal and we would not release anything that does not meet our standard. This would have been one of those case, therefore we have decided to forward with the decision.

Please let us know of you all have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Reactions: howarmat
Upvote 0
Hello All,

Thank you all for your interest in Seidio! We appreciate all the feedbacks and want to explain a bit about the reasoning behind our decision.

The cradle and car kit development were constrained by severe technical difficulty during development. A vertical Incredible Cradles were difficult to design because of the location of its USB port. A horizontal cradle would also not work because of its Dock and Car mode.

Customer satisfaction is our number one goal and we would not release anything that does not meet our standard. This would have been one of those case, therefore we have decided to forward with the decision.

Regards,

In all due respect this is nonsense. Not as bad as Apple's hold it differently, but not much better. Please do not treat us like we are morons.

Upvote 0
Hello All,

Regards,

One last thing. When Seidio decided not to sell this product why did they continue to advertise the Inc cases as being compatiable with these products?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
thanks for feedback

In every thread where Seidio has clearly disappointed customers, you, and usually you alone, continually kiss their ass and act like they can do no wrong. Either you're a Seidio plant or way too loyal of a customer.

Advertising their cases as compatible with a dock that is "coming soon," and then magically deciding, for no apparent legitimate reason, to drop the dock development is essentially false advertising, in my opinion. People paid for a case with the expectation of using it seamlessly with another Seidio product they promised would be available "soon." Using the Seidio case with a dock may no longer be possible because Seidio probably decided the Incredible accessories wouldn't generate enough revenue given the shortage of Incredibles. The least a good company that makes a decision like Seidio did would do is offer to extend the return period of the cases and/or issue credits to customers. Apple is by no means #1 in customer satisfaction, but they did eliminate the restocking fee on iPhone 4's once the antenna issue became a problem for many. It's a nice gesture that may cost them money now, but will lead to more money in the future by retaining customers.

But it appears Seidio is good at disappointing its customers.

If Seidio really wanted to sell a dock for the Incredible, I have a hard time believing it's impossible for them to do. Members of this forum have found ways to come up docks, surely a company that specializes in making products for cellphones can find a way.

Upvote 0
Hello All,

Regards,

If this is true then please refrain from advertising products until you're sure they will be released or are released. The docks advertised as working with the Innocase II was a huge part of my decision to buy one, and had I known they would not be selling the docks, would likely have not bought one. A few days later and I'm still upset about this entire thing...

Upvote 0
Third party sites selling Seidio HTC Incredible cases are still advertising these cases as follows:

The HTC Incredible Seidio Innocase II Surface (Ash Grey) - Original (OEM) CSR3HDDN-GY is one of the higher quality phone cases for the Incredible. This sleek designed case is designed to efficiently protect the Incredible from scratches, bumps, dents, and drops. The big positive about this case is that it does not add significant bulk to the phone. It also features felt lining on the inside of the case which protects the phone as it slides in. Precision cut-outs provide unobstructed access to the ports, controls, and the rest of the phone’s features.

HTC Incredible Seidio Innocase II Surface (Ash Grey) - Original (OEM) CSR3HDDN-GY Features:
  • Protects the phone from scratches, bumps, dents, and drops
  • 1mm thin case
  • Interlocking top and bottom pieces
  • No significant bulk to the phone
  • Felt lining on the inside of the case
  • Precision cut-outs for unobstructed access to all ports and features
  • Color: Ash Grey
Additional Information
  • Also compatible with other Seidio holsters, desktop cradles, and more
  • Original manufacturing #: CSR3HDDN-GY
Compatible with:
HTC Droid Incredible

So, they are still misleading the public and misleading their third party vendors.

Upvote 0
They told me there was little or no interest in a car and desk dock for the Incredible, so they are discontinuing it. You guys need to go on Seidio's website when the chat option is available and tell them you ARE interested.

So, somebody is lying then.. technical difficulties, or lack of interest... people need to get their flipping facts straight.

Upvote 0
They told me there was little or no interest in a car and desk dock for the Incredible, so they are discontinuing it. You guys need to go on Seidio's website when the chat option is available and tell them you ARE interested.

who is this 'they'? and did 'they' say this via chat, email or phone?

i'm sure seidio can gauge demand by number of cases sold and the number of hits the incredible accessories page has received.

seidio's official response, in this thread , is that they're not technically inclined enough to develop the dock. it's too complicated for them. :rolleyes: i don't see why they just couldn't develop a horizontal table dock, like the one htc is releasing. then for the car dock, just make a horizontal dock that swivels to vertical.

either way it seems that it's becoming more and more common for seidio to abandon its customers. must be under new management.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Appreciate the link, but that's just a cradle. You still have to plug your phone in from the side so I really don't see what separates that from a business card holder.
look again, and pay better attention to the picture. You can charge an extra battery at the same time and it actually has the USB plug at the rear and you just plug the 3 inch cord into the phone. I would say that does far more than a "business card holder" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones