• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SetCPU settings not sticking past a reboot

I installed the new Blackout ICS ROM v.3.1.0

Issue with SetCPU (the free version posted here in XDA).

The default setting for this ROM is 1024 MHz with Performance as the Governor.

I tried changing the Governor from Performance to Ondemand. When I set it with SetCPU, the Ondemand governor takes over.

The change is reflected /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling governor.

On reboot, a notification pops up the SetCPU has set new values.

Unfortunately, after boot, verifying the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling governor will show that it is set back to the Performance governor.

Was thinking of two options. One is to make SetCPU a system app and see if that works (virtuous and andrev are more stable when the OC Deamon is set as a system app).

The other is manually editing /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling governor :)

Am going out to dinner so I will do it when I get back.

If anybody has any strong objections, please post here :D

Tried No-Frills... no luck.

Went reinstall SetCPU and enabled profiles. I just created one profile. A Screen Off profile. Now that worked. After a little more tinkering it works even when I do not CHECK THE SET ON BOOT OPTION (I decided to uncheck this since I do not think it works in the first place).

This is my best guess. Phone boots on Performance (1024 MHz). After the phone boots, it locks my screen. and the Screen Off profile I set with SetCPU kicks in (conservative, 245-368 MHz). When I unlock the phone it switches to the settings on SetCPU's main tab (ondemand, 245-1024 MHz).

I switched governors for both Screen Off and default profile to smartassV2. That works too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones