• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Metropolis Rom [4.3 Touchwiz]

Is the weather notification working on the lock screen mines does not?

screenshot2013010507131.png

i dunno about all this flickering i havn't had not a single flicker yet.

Reactions: nuttmeg and mike28
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
seems like a tip i got several ones on first time setup.

and oh tethering is working beautifully keep in mind if your going to tether on any of metro's phone you must change your browser's user agent! shabby might of discovered a hidden black list within our phones if thats the case .......:D we call that business!

202660092.png

im in a shady area far from home right now so this is what i got off my pc while tetheing to phone

connecting your pc to your device might take a while have some patience ;)

our samsung galaxy s3 ua string is

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SCH-R530M Build/JRO03L)

so if your going to add it to your google chrome target box it would look like this

--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SCH-R530M Build/JRO03L)

for everything else top one will do.

Upvote 0
Has anyone seen this

Yeah you get thay message when you set any app as default. It's telling you how to undo it in case you want to use a different app later.

I had a little flickering before shabs update patch but now everything is good. Good battery, good gallery, good camera and able to make phone calls. Oh also no problem with stock music player here although I deleted it I like aftermarkets better. (I deleted exactly 89 bloats from system files) :D

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
Yeah you get thay message when you set any app as default. It's telling you how to undo it in case you want to use a different app later.

I had a little flickering before shabs update patch but now everything is good. Good battery, good gallery, good camera and able to make phone calls. Oh also no problem with stock music player here although I deleted it I like aftermarkets better. (I deleted exactly 89 bloats from system files) :D

Thanks men yeah after the update shabby posted it got a lot better I might have to go through and take off some of the bloat do you have a list you might recommend

Upvote 0
Thanks men yeah after the update shabby posted it got a lot better I might have to go through and take off some of the bloat do you have a list you might recommend

Just deleted 5 more for a total of 94. It's a pretty long list, too long to type out on my phone. Basically I took out all the sharing apps, (nfc,sbeam,allshare) and all the metro apps, all the wallpapers. pretty much anything that has a colorful icon that you don't need. Leave all the green android alone. :D

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
Hey Shabby quick question... any reason why the note 2 modded camera would work on the US cellular build and not on the latest?.. I tried doing alogcat but the phone vibrates n freezes for a but then fc's and when I check logcat I get nothing..

Ive tried 3 zips that work on the Us cellular build but no go on the Metro build

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones