• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Metropolis Rom [4.3 Touchwiz]

Best thing todo is get a list of bloat ware thats safe to remove and make a flashable zip so anyone that wants the add on can flash it. If you want to go that route, I can make a list a little later on and send it to you.?

Thanks for the update and the countless hours that you have put into this SIII community. :D:):p

+1 on this I really only use mymetro to pay the bill...

Upvote 0
When I tried to flash 1.0.3

file_getprop: fail to stat "/tmp/build.prop":
E:Error in /external_sd/Metropolis-Rom-1.0.3.zip
(status 7)
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/metropolis-Rom-
Updating partition details...

Same here

Started with Stock root
Wipe Factory Reset
wipe system
Install Metropolis 1.0.3
FAILED in Red

Upvote 0
When I tried to flash 1.0.3

file_getprop: fail to stat "/tmp/build.prop":
E:Error in /external_sd/Metropolis-Rom-1.0.3.zip
(status 7)
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/metropolis-Rom-
Updating partition details...

Same here

Are you guys doing clean installs? I flashed over 1.0.2 with no problem. It did a check to see if older version was installed. Maybe that's where you guys run into error?

Upvote 0
Im on 1.0.3 with a fresh install I came from that liquid smooth rom. It said something during flash about not bieng compatable and to wipe everyrhing when it was done flashing but I did NOT wipe after flashing only before flashing and I am.haaving no known issues I am flashing using cwm and I flashed straight from recovery

Sent from my SCH-R530M

Upvote 0
this is a full install, a wipe is not needed if you are coming from previous version. as stated in the changelog the script it is smarter, i need to look into how to go about wipeing it for you automatically if you are coming from a different rom. wipeing before or after has teh same effect but its one extra nice thing you guys wouldnt have to worry about :)

if you wipe system then you will not be able to install the rom, it uses the build.prop to verify you are on an older version. in the future i plan on being able to customize it even further :)

i needed a full install for a few reasons, but this allows anyone who is wanting to check out the rom to just jump in and go, hoping to make future updates in full/patch downloads so people who flash can just grab the latest zip for a much smaller download :)

Upvote 0
I know with my phone I have to open the kies app on my computer for it to recognize it...

Still not recognizing....:(

Duh...sorry guys I've been out, came in and discovered that my usb was still plugged into the electrical outlet and not my computer...I feel like a big dummy:D
Everything is fine now!...phone and computer, in sync!:)

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
Duh...sorry guys I've been out, came in and discovered that my usb was still plugged into the electrical outlet and not my computer...I feel like a big dummy:D
Everything is fine now!...phone and computer, in sync!:)

Don't feel bad but someone I won't name goes dude I'm tethering and I'm at 25 mb down loooool he found out he was still connected to router after I asked him to make sure he connected to phone and not router loooool. He's gonna kill me for sharing that lmao!

Reactions: divagirl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones