• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Metropolis Rom [4.3 Touchwiz]

Good morning guys, is screen shot working for this Rom? I haven't been able to get it to work....I think I will be switching back to my backup of 1.0.2.......1.0.3 is draining my battery extremely quick!:thinking:

Yes screenshot works. It's the same as the ics one. Use the side of your hand & swype from left to right across the screen.

Reactions: divagirl
Upvote 0
I had to flash 1.0.3 over another Metropolis version like 1.0.0.
He talks about this in post #165.

I had problem as well as someone else on here. We are both doing fine now.

I did the same .. I did the normal wipe and flashed a fresh install of 1.0.0 and 1.0.3 on top of it... thats the way to go if you want a fresh install...

I thought maybe my apps would have to be dl one by one from store because I flshed one on top of the other... but auto.downloded an is working perfectly smooth...

even battery is pretty good.. I took it of the charger 15 mins ago and tge screen has been on the whole time and is still at 100%... not much to go on but pretty good

Upvote 0
Hey mike the reason mms is not working for long text is due to the fact the messaging app not converting the text to mms. Instead it just makes a big a** text.

Thanks dual actually this is what I just did went into the message setting under sms input and changed it to gsm and now it works interesting Joshua told me about it and now long text are being sent

Upvote 0
home and power for screenshot, if you enable motion you can palm accross like in my video :)

ive noticed poor battery as well, unfortunately i havent had the time to test but is that how all versions have been? all of the versions based off metropcs? or just 1.0.3?

Just 1.0.3 for me....also data seems to connect slower on this version,...I don't know could just be my phone?:eek:

Upvote 0

added:
Custom power on song
Custom bootanimation (note1)
Bootanimations are done properly so should fix dual core bug, hopefully...

the bootanimation is a work in progress, im terribad at graphics etc and this is my first bootanimation. apparently i didnt it wrong as there is white flashes on the loop. but this will be the future bootanimation for this rom, dont like it? thats cool, you can replace it or toss one in /data/local to cover it up :p

just download zip and flash over 1.0.3 no wiping or any work on your part needed :)

Upvote 0

added:
Custom power on song
Custom bootanimation (note1)
Bootanimations are done properly so should fix dual core bug, hopefully...

the bootanimation is a work in progress, im terribad at graphics etc and this is my first bootanimation. apparently i didnt it wrong as there is white flashes on the loop. but this will be the future bootanimation for this rom, dont like it? thats cool, you can replace it or toss one in /data/local to cover it up :p

just download zip and flash over 1.0.3 no wiping or any work on your part needed :)

Has this version been posted yet?I don't see it

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones