• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I re-root or wait?

brettlewis

Android Expert
Just got my phone replaced today. The Verizon guy (as unreliable as they can be) said 2.1 will be out in about a week.

If I were to allow that to push to my phone, would rooting become harder? Or should I root now and block it from being pushed?

I'm definitely interested to see the improvements on 2.1, but also would like to be able to root again.
 
Just got my phone replaced today. The Verizon guy (as unreliable as they can be) said 2.1 will be out in about a week.

If I were to allow that to push to my phone, would rooting become harder? Or should I root now and block it from being pushed?

I'm definitely interested to see the improvements on 2.1, but also would like to be able to root again.

Well, I'm sure they will root the official 2.1 but if not, you could always flash the SBF image...giving you 2.0.1 again...which obviously, you can root.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47349-now-you-can-live-without-fear-bricking.html

But this has been discussed before...I recommend reading through this post...lots of pros and cons to rooting before the official 2.1 update (okay, there are many pros and very few cons...but decide for yourself what is right for you).

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/53863-soooo-2-1-switch-anyone.html
 
Just got my phone replaced today. The Verizon guy (as unreliable as they can be) said 2.1 will be out in about a week.

If I were to allow that to push to my phone, would rooting become harder? Or should I root now and block it from being pushed?

I'm definitely interested to see the improvements on 2.1, but also would like to be able to root again.

The improvements in 2.1 are already here (and getting better each day). Go for it!
 
Back
Top Bottom