• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show us your DHD Screens!

Here's 3 of my 4 current screens. Rooted DHD running LeeDroid ROM & using LauncherPro

Main - Clock/Weather widget is Fancy Widget Pro with 3D Glass clock
3G Watchdog, Current Widget And Switchpro Widget

1st Left - Pure Calender Widget, Music Widget ( this is where I miss the Sense widgets )

1st Right - large Twitter Widget ( I no it's sad:D ).

The text Icons were created using Desktop VisualizeR from the market and the text downloaded from here [ICONS]aSmoothStar Icons Release! - xda-developers

Looking very nice!

Reactions: Pothers
Upvote 0
After much tinkering this is what I've settled with since rooting for the 2nd time:

LOCKSCREEN & LEFT SCREEN

phonelock.png
phonescreen2.png

HOME SCREEN & RIGHT SCREEN

phonescreen1.png
phonescreen3.png

Upvote 0
yes, well thought! I have done the lock screen, it is easier than it seems when you think about it.

One only thing I am stuck with is the icons that are made of text. How do you do them? I had a look in folder organiser but could not find the way to make the icons as text?

any tip appreciate it

On top of what El Presidente said, you can also use Minimalistic Text to make text icons. Use "Custom layout" to put whatever text you want in, then use "Start another activity" under "Tap behavior" and select whichever app or shortcut you want to use. I've used this to make buttons for my texts, internet and camera, but I didn't use any actual text so I effectively have invisible buttons for these apps.

Upvote 0
On top of what El Presidente said, you can also use Minimalistic Text to make text icons. Use "Custom layout" to put whatever text you want in, then use "Start another activity" under "Tap behavior" and select whichever app or shortcut you want to use. I've used this to make buttons for my texts, internet and camera, but I didn't use any actual text so I effectively have invisible buttons for these apps.

I have tried several times to do this, when I select Custom layout>Misc>Static texts where do I then add my custom text??

rthanks

Upvote 0
I have tried several times to do this, when I select Custom layout>Misc>Static texts where do I then add my custom text??

rthanks

It took me a while to work this out when I first did it, so I'll post a full description to avoid confusion.

As default it'll be set as a clock. It has 3 cells: "Hour text (12h)", "Minute (2 digits) text part 1" and "Minute (2 digits) text part 2". Remove these. Tap the green plus on the right and select misc at the bottom (I assume you got this far already), then tap and hold "Static text" and drag it into the rectangle above. Tap the cell you just placed and it should come up with a text field to type into.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones