• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SuperOneClick 2.1 Root :D

Hey...I have successfully rooted my phone and deleted all stock apps i wanted, but now i can't find anywhere how to unroot my x8. Any help is more than welcome. Thanks

After you manage to Root, 1st thing you should do is to backup your phone using xRecovery. Its a must before u continue. So any problems after that, you can restore the old data. btw BTT, use SEUS.

Upvote 0
I didnt installed drivers for mob, only have installed pc companion. In my computer, there is icon of local disk h: , not sony x8. Maybe that is a problem? In device manager, apperars "portable device - local disk h:". When i try to upgrade drivers , comp says "best drivers already installed"
Please help, i want to root my phone!

Upvote 0
Hi all...

Suhel... I think I rooted my X8 OK (see attached printscreen) but have no idea on how to delete those preinstalled games and applications.. I did root my phone in order to do that and be able to install some applications (wifi tether) that need a rooted phone..

THANKS for any light!
Diego

Attachments

• root.jpg
    root.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
I am trying to use the newest superoneclick on my Nook Color, which is running Android 2.2 and is rooted already vi MiniRooter v2 (but I can't remount the system partition as r/w for some reason).

I can use ADB fine via USB, can execute commands in its shell, etc.

When I run SOC I get the following output:

Code:
Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing rageagainstthecage...
2153 KB/s (0 bytes in 585731.000s)

OK

chmod rageagainstthecage...

OK

Running rageagainstthecage...
OK

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

OK

Waiting for device...

Then it sits forever. I've done it twice, the second time waiting for more than 20 minutes with no advancement.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Thanks! Worked perfectly on SE X10 mini pro running 2.1
Even worked on a virtual XP machine running on Ubuntu.

(ubuntu 11.04 and VirtualBox-4.0 (Not OSE), with USB extension installed)

Missing from the instructions in post 1 is a very important step, hidden all the way down in page 2......

make sure when you connect your phone to your pc you choose the CHARGE THE PHONE option

Maybe an edit?

Upvote 0
Guys, I posted this on another forum but got no response. Perhaps you can help, this is basically what I posted:

Hi,

Windows XP 64
SE X8
I've the X8 drivers
Net framework
I've unmounted the SD
I've put USB debugging on

I'm clicking root on SuperOneClickv2.1.1

Just comes up waiting for device

Thanks for reading/replying.

Upvote 0
OMG WHY DOES MINE STOP THERE??? MY FIRST TIME ROOTING WAS FINE BUT AFTER I UPDATED TO GINGERBREAD I CAN'T ROOT ANYMORE AND I'M FREAKING OUT COZ I CAN'T RESTORE MY APPS AND DATA VIA TITANIUM BACKUP!!! HELP!!

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing rageagainstthecage...
2183 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.262s)

OK

chmod rageagainstthecage...

OK

OK

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones