• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SuperPad III Model: Android Tab10 Build FRF85B AV:v2.3 2011-09-19(001112)Kernel 2.6.32.9 #79

We all have a fake :) = Superpad III Android Tab 10.

I think that your wifi problem in the hardware problem, there is nothing you can do...

My wifi is working well, but not perfect (shorter range as my Nokia e71)... wifi reciever isnt very strong.

Capacity of battery: there is nothing you can do with software. That is "normal" = 2-3 hours when working.

GPS is working very well.

http://www.alter.si/tabla/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1379901/an/0/page/0#1379901
here are some other screenshots (nonenglish forum)

Hi All got in touch with my seller .He sent this link. See if it can help any of you . My wifi problem now sorted
LINK
Hope this may help or enlighten some of you even if it is just to download and experiment . REGARDS PAUL

Hi Paul thanks for the above link.
My 'Android Tab10' firmware is v2.3 2011-11-21 (001112), so I guess there's still a later one.
You can see 'Top Paid' by using MarketAcess then restarting, but you still can't buy apps (just free). I also can not save APN's and cannot use my Huwaei E173 3g stick (I do not get the 3g icon).

My question for Lee who has managed to flash these, have you flashed with Tim 6a (using your flashing method)? It has the 3g support from Sol's rom which has the Huawei drivers. Normally with disco you just copy to SD, I tried but had no luck?
After extracting data displays, "Extracting data failed; please check your zSYS.img"

Just I really want to use 3g and am hoping that will allow to buy apps.
Cheers mate

Hey guys i have exact same tablet its rooted and mostly it works great except i also cant buy apps ive had succsess threw appplanet.net i ws able to dwnld almost all apps iwanted my question is there a way to update the os to gingerbread or honeycomb??? Any help would be greatly apprecieated!!!!

Hi Paul thanks for the above link.
My 'Android Tab10' firmware is v2.3 2011-11-21 (001112), so I guess there's still a later one.
You can see 'Top Paid' by using MarketAcess then restarting, but you still can't buy apps (just free). I also can not save APN's and cannot use my Huwaei E173 3g stick (I do not get the 3g icon).

My question for Lee who has managed to flash these, have you flashed with Tim 6a (using your flashing method)? It has the 3g support from Sol's rom which has the Huawei drivers. Normally with disco you just copy to SD, I tried but had no luck?
After extracting data displays, "Extracting data failed; please check your zSYS.img"

Just I really want to use 3g and am hoping that will allow to buy apps.
Cheers mate

You need THIS thread

Hey guys i have exact same tablet its rooted and mostly it works great except i also cant buy apps ive had succsess threw appplanet.net i ws able to dwnld almost all apps iwanted my question is there a way to update the os to gingerbread or honeycomb??? Any help would be greatly apprecieated!!!!

No....in a word :) and you also need to go to the Tab10 specific thread, you will get much more info and help there.

First off, sorry for so many questions. I am a total noob at this. I am trying to learn so I can maybe help out someone else who is in the same boat some day. Anyway, I am trying to add movies to my device. I have them on a thumb drive. When I plug it into the usb port, it says preparing memory device, then it says safe to remove and it will not show up in the file manager. Can I not have the micro sd card in (which is a 4gig card, I am assuming this is the only one since it came already slotted in the outer tf slot) and plug in a thumb drive at the same time? Thanks so much for helping with this.:confused:

First off, sorry for so many questions. I am a total noob at this. I am trying to learn so I can maybe help out someone else who is in the same boat some day. Anyway, I am trying to add movies to my device. I have them on a thumb drive. When I plug it into the usb port, it says preparing memory device, then it says safe to remove and it will not show up in the file manager. Can I not have the micro sd card in (which is a 4gig card, I am assuming this is the only one since it came already slotted in the outer tf slot) and plug in a thumb drive at the same time? Thanks so much for helping with this.:confused:

Put your thumb drive in a PC, download SDFormatter.exe and format the thumb drive with that, once done, make or copy a small text file onto the thumb drive then try it again in your tablet. You don't always need the text file, but it seems to force the tablet to write the two required folders on the memory stick, and then it recognises the memory ok.

Put your thumb drive in a PC, download SDFormatter.exe and format the thumb drive with that, once done, make or copy a small text file onto the thumb drive then try it again in your tablet. You don't always need the text file, but it seems to force the tablet to write the two required folders on the memory stick, and then it recognises the memory ok.

Thanks so much for the help with this. On a side note, I was browsing around and happened upon a bluetooth setting short cut and thought yeah, just another hidden setting they left out, kinda like usb debugging, but when I clicked to activate bluetooth it just stays gray.:( Do you know the issue with this? Is it just a driver issue or.....?:confused: Thanks again for your help. It is truly appreciated.:)

Thanks so much for the help with this. On a side note, I was browsing around and happened upon a bluetooth setting short cut and thought yeah, just another hidden setting they left out, kinda like usb debugging, but when I clicked to activate bluetooth it just stays gray.:( Do you know the issue with this? Is it just a driver issue or.....?:confused: Thanks again for your help. It is truly appreciated.:)
Hi I belive it supports bluetooth but it is not built in you need a dongle .

Hi I belive it supports bluetooth but it is not built in you need a dongle .

I have tried two of them with no luck. It would be nice if there was a way to get this going. Are there no updates or different firmware that can be installed to get bluetooth functionality?

Yes there is .I have done mine .You need to read the thread that DART16 posted a few threads earlier HERE. Ihave used the
Official ibex Flytouch4 YOSpad (Resistive)
It is alot faster and everthing appears to work at the moment .I sugest you read it then flash the tablet if you wish .Iam glad i have .

Ok, so just to make it official, these are my tablet specs:

Model number- YOSPad

Android version- V2.3 2011-08-10 (001112)

Kernel version- 2.6.32.9 root@jackie-desktop #216

Build number- FRF85B

You are saying that if I install firmware above, I'll be able to use bluetooth with a dongle? Has anyone else had luck with this besides Paul? Just want to get a little more info before I try it. Not to mention I need to get another card and a card adapter for the pc. What about youtube? Have you been able to play videos straight from the site, or are you using another app for that? Thanks for all your help and every one else's too for that matter.:)

Ok, so just to make it official, these are my tablet specs:

Model number- YOSPad

Android version- V2.3 2011-08-10 (001112)

Kernel version- 2.6.32.9 root@jackie-desktop #216

Build number- FRF85B

You are saying that if I install firmware above, I'll be able to use bluetooth with a dongle? Has anyone else had luck with this besides Paul? Just want to get a little more info before I try it. Not to mention I need to get another card and a card adapter for the pc. What about youtube? Have you been able to play videos straight from the site, or are you using another app for that? Thanks for all your help and every one else's too for that matter.:)
Hi I dont know if bluetooth works unable to check as have not got a dongle . Also your version is newer than the one i have flashed . My model number was ANDROID 10 .It is now yospad same as yours .

Hi I dont know if bluetooth works unable to check as have not got a dongle . Also your version is newer than the one i have flashed . My model number was ANDROID 10 .It is now yospad same as yours .

It may be my BT dongle is just junk. I think mom bought one of those penny deals off Ebay, but my computer recognizes it so I don't know.

Now I have another issue, I got the bright idea to set up a pattern lock on my tablet. I found this by starting launcher pro and going to the generic lock settings. I set up the pattern lock I wanted, no problem. It worked normally until it fell asleep, when I went to wake it up, obviously it asks me to slide to unlock and then the pattern lock should appear for me to input but it doesn't. I can slide the lock button but nothing happens. Everything is running in the background, clock, email notifications,etc., but the screen is locked. It will let me power it off normally too. Is there anything I can do to get this unlocked so I can get rid of the stupid lock feature?:(:confused:

It may be my BT dongle is just junk. I think mom bought one of those penny deals off Ebay, but my computer recognizes it so I don't know.

Now I have another issue, I got the bright idea to set up a pattern lock on my tablet. I found this by starting launcher pro and going to the generic lock settings. I set up the pattern lock I wanted, no problem. It worked normally until it fell asleep, when I went to wake it up, obviously it asks me to slide to unlock and then the pattern lock should appear for me to input but it doesn't. I can slide the lock button but nothing happens. Everything is running in the background, clock, email notifications,etc., but the screen is locked. It will let me power it off normally too. Is there anything I can do to get this unlocked so I can get rid of the stupid lock feature?:(:confused:

DON'T DO IT!!

Too late huh?

it looks like you will be re-flashing your tablet after all!

if you fit the non-standard keylock you can get out of lock with a usb keyboard, if you set a pattern lock you are stuffed. RE-flashing is the only way out (AFAIK)

I thought, (although I also don't possess a bluetooth dongle to try it) that it would work on a DISCO10 model providing the pairing is set up before it is inserted into the FT3??

DON'T DO IT!!

Too late huh?

it looks like you will be re-flashing your tablet after all!

if you fit the non-standard keylock you can get out of lock with a usb keyboard, if you set a pattern lock you are stuffed. RE-flashing is the only way out (AFAIK)

I thought, (although I also don't possess a bluetooth dongle to try it) that it would work on a DISCO10 model providing the pairing is set up before it is inserted into the FT3??

Where is the best place to DL my firmware version or one that will work with everything on my tablet? Doing a factory reset will not work? I really feel like an idiot. Why on earth would they put something like this on a tablet if there is no way to get out of it?:mad:

Where is the best place to DL my firmware version or one that will work with everything on my tablet? Doing a factory reset will not work? I really feel like an idiot. Why on earth would they put something like this on a tablet if there is no way to get out of it?:mad:

Go HERE for info on your tablet. changes are happening every day at the moment! I suggest you read it all and then make a choice.

To be fair, the default screen lock does work and there are plenty of examples of code included in the build that are redundant with this hardware. Android is built for many differing hardware platforms. The developers could have spent more time tweaking the firmware but there is no money in that for them, so it is left to people like Tim and s01 to develop it for kudos.

I GOT IT TO WORK! WOO HOO!
I first started off by using this video as a guide. It says it is for the flytouch 2. The only part of this video I actually used was the part about the three buttons, back home, and power. I read some where else about using the back, menu, and power, but nothing happened.

I did the factory reset and it worked. With the tablet off, plug the charger in first, don't know if it will matter, nut I used it. Then, I held down the back, home, and then pressed and held the power button, then it came up and said press the correct buttons to start reset(or something to that affect) within so many seconds. Then I let go and pressed all three buttons at the same exact time and then kept holding them until it went through the whole process of burnning etc.etc. and it restarted. Then it rebooted, taking a while to build cache (I guess, still new here), but when it was done it was reset to brand new and I can start over. Thank God it finally worked. And thanks to you dart for your help buddy.

has anyone tried video streaming from home network shares thru wifi? ES File Explorer sees everything fine, however the media players I've tried all suffer either quality loss or after 5 seconds of playtime it stops, restarts, plays a little further and then repeats the same process. I've tried the following players:

MX Video Player (lags/out-of-sync)
Daroon Player (constantly buffers)
ES Media Player (best quality but is the one i described above)

all videos tried are just .avi nothing 720p+

has anyone tried video streaming from home network shares thru wifi? ES File Explorer sees everything fine, however the media players I've tried all suffer either quality loss or after 5 seconds of playtime it stops, restarts, plays a little further and then repeats the same process. I've tried the following players:

MX Video Player (lags/out-of-sync)
Daroon Player (constantly buffers)
ES Media Player (best quality but is the one i described above)

all videos tried are just .avi nothing 720p+

Can't say I've tried it but I'm not surprised it is less than satisfactory. The wifi is abominably slow. Have you tried it when using the wired network connection via rj45?

Can't say I've tried it but I'm not surprised it is less than satisfactory. The wifi is abominably slow. Have you tried it when using the wired network connection via rj45?

I just tried it and used ES Media Player, it skipped at first, then was smooth after that....so yeah seems the wifi adapter might be too weak for streaming. I've got 2 of these tablets and have tested both wifi and RJ45, for day to day activities the wifi seems fine. LAN-Video streaming not so much unless i want to drop cat5 everywhere...or ofc dump to a flashdrive

I did manage to get streaming finally to work, using Mobo Player with the ARM V6VFP codec. I also managed to get my previous post listed of MX Video Player to work to with the same corresponding codec to that particular player. Seems the load time of any movie or show takes a good 20 sec to kick in either player, but fair warning, don't pause anything you start watching. When you resume it's all out of sync.

Hi all

I have the aforementioned tablet and am having problems linkin to android market thru my browser, Any ideas greatly recieved, thx in advance.

Other than the android market problem i am quite happy with the tablet considering how cheap it was.

Back
Top Bottom