• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SuperPad III Model: Android Tab10 Build FRF85B AV:v2.3 2011-09-19(001112)Kernel 2.6.32.9 #79

I did the factory reset and it worked. With the tablet off, plug the charger in first, don't know if it will matter, nut I used it. Then, I held down the back, home, and then pressed and held the power button, then it came up and said press the correct buttons to start reset(or something to that affect) within so many seconds. Then I let go and pressed all three buttons at the same exact time and then kept holding them until it went through the whole process of burnning etc.etc. and it restarted. Then it rebooted, taking a while to build cache (I guess, still new here), but when it was done it was reset to brand new and I can start over. Thank God it finally worked. And thanks to you dart for your help buddy.

I was all set to sign up for the forum simply so that I could lavish you with gratitude.... but this didn't work for me. Like you, I stupidly set the slide lock with a pattern. Unlike you, however, this reset didn't work. I got all excited because I finally had a key combination that said it was heading toward a factory reset.... then I got presented with a lovely field of chromatic snow....then "Extracting data".... followed by "Extracting data failed, please check your zSYS file" I've had this for less than 24 hours. No SD card to dump stuff onto and try and sneak in a back door and no wifi or 3G internet connection to try things that way. I have NO problem whatsoever wiping the little I've done so far on the tablet because, really, I haven't done anything yet other than royally screw up. Is there any way I could sideload anything on a USB thumb drive to jump start this little sucker? ANY help at all would be appreciated. It's now 3 in the morning here and I feel sick to my stomach... it's the first thing I've owned in 12 years that wasn't a hand me down. What an idiot I am.

Upvote 0
I was all set to sign up for the forum simply so that I could lavish you with gratitude.... but this didn't work for me. Like you, I stupidly set the slide lock with a pattern. Unlike you, however, this reset didn't work. I got all excited because I finally had a key combination that said it was heading toward a factory reset.... then I got presented with a lovely field of chromatic snow....then "Extracting data".... followed by "Extracting data failed, please check your zSYS file" I've had this for less than 24 hours. No SD card to dump stuff onto and try and sneak in a back door and no wifi or 3G internet connection to try things that way. I have NO problem whatsoever wiping the little I've done so far on the tablet because, really, I haven't done anything yet other than royally screw up. Is there any way I could sideload anything on a USB thumb drive to jump start this little sucker? ANY help at all would be appreciated. It's now 3 in the morning here and I feel sick to my stomach... it's the first thing I've owned in 12 years that wasn't a hand me down. What an idiot I am.

Molli it appears you are on the right track. Aside from not having a Micro SD on hand I take it you've already found the rom you need to restore your tablet? If not there's post by Dart on Jan. 6th with a link that will take you to it. I made the same mistake you did and put a slide code on my system. Just like your situation, it didn't work so I had to wipe and start anew. I'll look into the possibility of booting it from usb thumbdrive. I wouldn't hold my breath tho. In the meantime see if you can get a hold of a micro SD card, maybe a friend will have one that you can borrow. Or possibly any piece of other hardware you have that supports it (digital cam, phone etc.) Just remember, the good news is you aren't looking at a permanent problem.

Reactions: Molli
Upvote 0
Hi Durgan, thanks for your response. By 5am I was kind of hyper-distressed and contacted the seller. He replied first thing after the sun came up and is sending out a replacement. So, ordered it Tuesday morning, got it Wednesday morning, sent it back Thursday morning! In the meantime, I did a LOT more reading around here and on another forum and am in the process of downloading the firmware for "just in case" emergencies. Don't laugh at me, but I'm on dial-up so a couple of hundred meg takes a LONG time to acquire! Let's just hope the replacement is running the same set up. I wouldn't have been so upset if I'd been the one to brick it, but I deliberately stayed away from any sort of tinkering (at least until after I'd had a chance to find out what worked well and what didn't). Having not even had a chance to get it online and see what limitations the current set up might have posed, there was no sense in "fixing" things that might not even have been broken. Anyway, I have calmed down a tad since posting and, hopefully I'll have a new one after the weekend. Obviously I'd have preferred to have solved the problem through my own research (and your much appreciated advice) but I've gone the lazy route and simply had it replaced. I'm just so relieved that my seller was a local and had no hesitation in saying he'd replace it. While everyone talks about how cheap these tablets are, for me this is a great deal of money so it will definitely be getting babied (at least until the warranty expires!) Thanks again for replying and for letting me know that there is a solution to this particular problem. Shouldn't there be a Governor General Health Warning on the box in big, bold letters stating, "Setting the slide lock on this tablet will be extremely detrimental to your mental and emotional well being!"? :p Molli

Upvote 0
Awesome to hear that you got the replacement so fast. I don't blame ya on returning it. Yeah, if time had permitted ya should have tinkered more with the system but that response time on a replacement is amazing. I actually had to wait 2 weeks before it even shipped after an ebay purchase. However the seller sent it EMS from the factory for me (4 days from HK to my door step). Not sure if you mess with networking at all...but if you do please try any media streaming from a network share if you could please? I'm trying to still pinpoint if it's bad wifi drivers that comes with these official roms or if my router's wifi is just plain horrible itself.

Upvote 0
Awesome to hear that you got the replacement so fast. I don't blame ya on returning it. Yeah, if time had permitted ya should have tinkered more with the system but that response time on a replacement is amazing. I actually had to wait 2 weeks before it even shipped after an ebay purchase. However the seller sent it EMS from the factory for me (4 days from HK to my door step). Not sure if you mess with networking at all...but if you do please try any media streaming from a network share if you could please? I'm trying to still pinpoint if it's bad wifi drivers that comes with these official roms or if my router's wifi is just plain horrible itself.

You should definitely visit the site and thread dart16 mentioned earlier: Android Tab10 - SlateDroid.com The creator, IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo had wifi problems from the outset and tried a myriad of solutions. By about page 27 of the thread he had it fixed. Sorry I can't point you directly to how he achieved it; but I read the whole thing from start to finish plus here and a couple of other forums and they're now all jumbled up in my mind - also, not having broadband or any sort of wifi set up here, I wasn't paying too much attention to that side of the discussion - sorry! In the small amount of time I had my tablet, I did attempt to hook it up to the laptop via the ethernet cable since I'd done the same thing years ago pc to pc and shared my dialup connection but this time around I couldn't get it to work. I think I've found the problem here, however - the laptop is a hand me down and it's registered as part of a domain and wouldn't let me set up my own network. At any rate, I've (hopefully) solved that side of things but I won't know for sure until I get the replacement tablet to give it another go. Speaking of the replacement, the seller just contacted me to let me know he received the tablet today and will post out the new one first thing Monday morning. It's Friday night here, otherwise I'd have it in the morning. He's been absolutely superb from the moment I bought it through to my hysterical little flip out :) I'm looking at mobile broadband connection plans at the moment. I'm a tad limited by both budget and location and I've really no idea what I need to get this set up. If I can hook it to my dial up through ethernet I'll probably just stick with that until my bank account recovers from its latest bashing. I'll give the wifi a try at my friend's house some time in the next week or so, however, and let you know how that goes. Apologies for the long post - I'm a wordy little thing - hence the need for emails over sms; a tablet over a smart phone :) Update: Here's Neo's exact post where he tells what he did to get wifi - hardware solution, not software : Android Tab10 - SlateDroid.com - Page 27

Upvote 0
Hi all, I'm posting this for future reference for others who may have been locked out of their tablet by the slide lock. As always with software solutions, your mileage may vary. I got this from the truly lovely and helpful seller in Victoria, Australia who sold me my tablet. I hope it works for others coming across the same problem.

"I managed to get around the
screen lock issue on your Tab. At the login in screen where it doesn't swipe to unlock you plug in a keyboard and hold down "function" key as well as "end" key and it lets you in. To be safe I did a factory reset on the tab which executed perfectly fine. Strangely enough it wouldn't complete a factory reset when you tried from booting up just like you said. Only from inside the operating system itself did it work. So I tested it further and everything is fine."

Hope this helps someone else out there :)

Reactions: durgan and dart16
Upvote 0
I have a superpad 3 tab10 also i've tried firmware for all different ones possible po41 etc the only thing my tab will boot is a zSYS.img file.All the firmware works but wifi doesnt work and camera still doesnt work now im stuck with this firmware.I tried to install original got in contact with seller but the zSYS file they provided fails.Is there any other options at thispoin?

Upvote 0
Travis, have you tried the forum thread that dart16 mentioned earlier? It's specific to the Tab10 set up: Android Tab10 - SlateDroid.com

Thanks for the reply molli yes i have tried that linkthats actualy what i have running on my pad now it works well but flash doesn't neither does wifi.I find it weird that there are so many variations of superpad and mine will only load zSYS.img on reboot pressing home+back+power if theres a better build out there with v2.3 android tablet 10 specs please let me know anyone i bought this on christmas.:(

Upvote 0
Hi All got in touch with my seller .He sent this link. See if it can help any of you . My wifi problem now sorted
LINK
Hope this may help or enlighten some of you even if it is just to download and experiment . REGARDS PAUL

hey paul thanks for this link but can you please tell me whats what on there?I translated it but still not sure what to download.

Upvote 0
Ok so I got the info here http://androidforums.com/gome-flyto...ch2-wwe10-android-2-2-froyo-usb-flashing.html to work however havnt full went through the processes but will up date next reply after finished however DO NOT press power plus home when first boot push power+menu and hold for 5 seconds until you see your pc say unidentified driver then install otg driver if your having the same problem this may work use this firmware Deposit Files or experiment at your own risk but I will update my results next reply.

Upvote 0
Hi there,
Got my 16G Flytouch3/SuperpadIII from ebay shipped from China 2 weeks ago, haven't got time to checkout all the features and application till now. I found that a lots apps can't be found with the "market" apps like Youtube, Google maps by Google inc or the Navfree apps .Is this firmware problem with Android Version2.3? Some apps showed installed successfully in the notification but never to be found in apps interface, eg the Yahoo Messager or the Street View on Google maps . Also, the internal Storage always shows "16G", even after lots of apps had been installed...as such the internal storage display has frozen.

Here is my flytouch3 model details:
Model #: Android Tab10
Android version: V2.3 2011-12-19(001112)
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 root@wanghua-desktop#289
Build #: FRF85B

Please help, do i need to root the tablets( i am not sure how to do this) or should i returned to seller for refund?.. thanks in advance

Upvote 0
You should enable "full" market access.

If you're still missing apps in Market do the following:
- Connect at least once with Market & your account.
- Then go to settings => Applications => Manage Applications => All
- find Google Services Framework from the app list
- click on clear data + OK, then force stop
Reboot.
wait about 1 minute after you're back in.
Start Market again. (if it crashes, wait a bit and try again, it should go through)

I have the same tablet, look here for screenshots...
Everything except 3G works fine.

Rantoro Web Proxy - internet privacy saver

Upvote 0
Hi there,
Got my 16G Flytouch3/SuperpadIII from ebay shipped from China 2 weeks ago, haven't got time to checkout all the features and application till now. I found that a lots apps can't be found with the "market" apps like Youtube, Google maps by Google inc or the Navfree apps .Is this firmware problem with Android Version2.3? Some apps showed installed successfully in the notification but never to be found in apps interface, eg the Yahoo Messager or the Street View on Google maps . Also, the internal Storage always shows "16G", even after lots of apps had been installed...as such the internal storage display has frozen.

Here is my flytouch3 model details:
Model #: Android Tab10
Android version: V2.3 2011-12-19(001112)
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 root@wanghua-desktop#289
Build #: FRF85B

Please help, do i need to root the tablets( i am not sure how to do this) or should i returned to seller for refund?.. thanks in advance

if you have or can find the app My Pad you can see how your media is partitioned. I have the 8GB model and it seems the OS gets so much space, then LOCAL is about 2.5GB partition, then SD2 is the remaining 4GB (SD1 is your MicroSD slot between your usb ports).

Upvote 0
How to make factory reset? tnx...

It depends on your model number....

Disco and Disco10 model factory reset is achieved by holding down BOTH the Menu button and the Back (front panel) button together while re-powering, other models use one or other of the volume buttons with or without the menu button while switching on.....

EDIT....but as you posted this in TAB10 thread I guess you have a TAB10 (DOH!).. I think it is volume - and menu... try a few combinations till you get a different boot sequence....

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I just now read this 3D, we do have one like it here ww.androidiani.com/forum/tutti-gli-altri-tablet/74581-flytouch-4-tablet-10-con-modulo-3g-integrato-prodotto-cinese.html and we use this tablet with ups and downs since January,only difference is that it is compiled from jackie and not wanghua.
in Italy as flytouch IV comes with 3G, we believe we have found the original ROM address this 66.228.126.56/~rom/download/rom/10%22/CEMX2203G (tested and working) we found according to the product code given by the seller (my efox) the features are
TAB 10
v2.2 2011-09-21 (011112)
root@jackie-desktop #106
FRF85B
I hope to be helpful and sorry ....... the translation is done with google :eek:P

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

another one here. Mine also pretends to be the following:
FT4 (box says Jumpad), 1Ghz Cortex A8, 512 DDR3, 2 tf-card slots, internal 3G, wifi
model nr:
android P1001C
Android vs:
2.3 2011-11-24 (411112)
Kernel:
2.6.32.9 root@wanghua-desktop #246
FRF85B

But really has (using Android system info):
Android 2.2
FRF85B
CPU: armeabi (level 8)
imapx200
Mercury
405Mb
Separate solderd wifi module from realtec (I opened it)
ARMv6 compatible processor rev 5
Res: 600x1024

It is working, but I have no wifi... I looked for a new rom everywhere, but was afraid to flash it after reading all the horrible stories of bricked tablets. I really hope that one of you smart guys will find a solution.

Upvote 0
Yet another question...
New here, but not 'everywhere'. My issue is that I used my 'new clone' (yonestoptech-101 board) to help my 'old clone' (SuperPAD 1, wwe10? ) and in the process, accidentally SDcarded an older u0/uboot to the new unit.

The result is that the display does not come up, thus I cannot confirm that anything else I attempt works.
It IS possible to connect thru the IUW program and (supposedly) transfer firmware to the unit, but I cannot tell for certain that anything is completing the transfer, and nothing I have tried so far has brought the screen back up.

I DO know from previous experimentation that the zSYS 'button restore' did not work before this incident happened... and obviously doesnt work now either. :rolleyes:

Everything Ive found/downloaded so far has NOT had both U0 and uboot... only the U0 (uboot-nand.bin).

Basically, I need the u0 and uboot for this beast. IF i recall, it was 2011-09-26 (011111) but I would think ANY version that is used on this board should work...

ANY assistance in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

BTW...
The SuperPAD-1 is feeling fine, thank you! :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones