• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sweeter Home 2 beta

I suppose FC's could be the culprit. I am back up to 7.39 mb data in just one day. But I haven't had all that many FC's! Mostly just widgets refusing to inflate so I go into edit and right back out. That fixes them. Could that be increasing the data?

I do still get a strange error message about recycled bit maps occasionally but I have reported that one before. I have no idea what causes it as I am not adding anything new to my theme now.

Is your theme on the server theme list? Can I grab it to see if I have the same data inflation? The dev says that it's not expected behaviour at all, so trying to replicate it.

Also, are you guys using the very latest build?

EDIT: Dev says there could be a leak there - he'll be looking into it for the next build.

Upvote 0
My latest screens:

SweeterHome15I-1.png

SweeterHome15I-2.png

SweeterHome15I-3.png

SweeterHome15I-4.png

Upvote 0
Hey Punyweakling, any headway on that runaway data problem? I just installed the latest version 771 and had to uninstall the last version first so that my data went from 20mb to 4.25mb to begin. Then reset all of my widgets. That can be a bit of a pain.

And I still get a lot of FC's even when my droid is just sitting there minding its own business.

I sure will be glad when all these bugs are gone. I'm a girl and it is a known fact that we hate bugs!:eek:

Upvote 0
I don't really know if the data problem has been fixed with the latest build. I was at 12.something mb data when I checked earlier today though. That seemed a bit high to me. I just uninstalled SH and rebooted then reinstalled it. I made a note of my data this time. It is 3.22 just for the data and 5.28 for the entire app. I will keep a log for a few days and let you know how it goes. I sure hope that problem is fixed. As for the FC's. Most of them are complete FC's, no waits. I am sending the logs every time. Well, nearly every time. Sometimes I am in the middle of something and can't stop.
And what is with the widgets? I thought that problem was a thing of the past. But it seems to be limited to the beautiful home widgets. Hmm.
Congrats on your N1. Nice!

Upvote 0
Hey Punyweakling...

As to the data problem. new build 771 does not resolve the issue. On 04/07 I reinstalled SH and data was 3.22 mb. On 04/08 it was 3.50 mb. On 04/09 (today) it was a whopping 8.47 mb. I am not adding anything more to SH now. I have been through building my theme for several weeks now. I like my home screens just as they are. But this new build FC's alot. :eek: Worse than the last 2 builds.

Upvote 0
My problems with Sweeter Home are as follows:

1. Getting FC when adding widgets
2. Widgets cancelling themselves and having to re-add them
3. Adding pictures is a big problem - when I go back to the main picture screen it cancels the changes I have made and goes back to wallpaper.
4. When I press home after using another app it takes on average 30 seconds of blackscreen before SW opens up.

There are a couple of other little problems but the ones listed are biggies for me and have caused me to go back to home++ - but as soon as SW has an update that fixes these problems I'll be straight back on it.

Either that or I'll try it again when I get a Legend or Desire next month :D

Other than the problems SH is by far the best home app I've tried, and I think I've tried them all. I've created a couple of themes - my favourite being HGTG - only got a couple of screen shots, though - FC was proving a problem when screen shotting!!

HGTGb_201004081128.png
HGTGb_201004081130.png

Upvote 0
My problems with Sweeter Home are as follows:

1. Getting FC when adding widgets
2. Widgets cancelling themselves and having to re-add them
3. Adding pictures is a big problem - when I go back to the main picture screen it cancels the changes I have made and goes back to wallpaper.
4. When I press home after using another app it takes on average 30 seconds of blackscreen before SW opens up.

1/2. Yeah, widget memory management in Android is a pain in the ass. I lot of people get random FC's even when their phone is idle and this NEVER happens to me - only difference I can think of is: I don't run widgets.

3. That should not happen at all? Have you changed the option to Internal Device instead of Wallpaper?

4. Yeah, that's a memory thing and happened to me all the time on my Magic. Got a N1 last week and that it totally gone now... ;) One thing to remember: the bigger the theme (images/widgets etc) the longer it will take to 'resume' when coming out of another app - in particular that delay is when Android kills SH2 in the background due to it's automatic memory management...

Upvote 0
1/2. Yeah, widget memory management in Android is a pain in the ass. I lot of people get random FC's even when their phone is idle and this NEVER happens to me - only difference I can think of is: I don't run widgets.

3. That should not happen at all? Have you changed the option to Internal Device instead of Wallpaper?

4. Yeah, that's a memory thing and happened to me all the time on my Magic. Got a N1 last week and that it totally gone now... ;) One thing to remember: the bigger the theme (images/widgets etc) the longer it will take to 'resume' when coming out of another app - in particular that delay is when Android kills SH2 in the background due to it's automatic memory management...

Thanks for reply, the same widgets are fine on other home replacements - this is just a problem I get with SH. I like my widgets, woul dnever get rid:D

3. I have changed that option but then I pick the picture I want and back up to the main screen it automatically flips it back to wallpaper and the existing picture. I can get it to work eventually but have to do it a few times.

I should be getting new phone in next couple of weeks, so this should resolve then. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones