• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread

First I wanted to point out that the PRI and Hboot download links are broken.

Second I wanted to ask if this process would still benefit/be relevant to me.
I recently used ramjet73's updated "quick and dirty" guide on xda to achieve unlocked root and s-off.
I have the latest OTA updates from before root and am in an area of the Pacific Northwest where my service is great, but frequently travel to areas where its terrible.

Some info from my "about phone" settings section:
Baseband version 1.09.00.0108
Build number 2.95.652.5 CL560640 release-keys
PRI Version 1.56_144
PRL Version 32030

Upvote 0
First I wanted to point out that the PRI and Hboot download links are broken.

Second I wanted to ask if this process would still benefit/be relevant to me.
I recently used ramjet73's updated "quick and dirty" guide on xda to achieve unlocked root and s-off.
I have the latest OTA updates from before root and am in an area of the Pacific Northwest where my service is great, but frequently travel to areas where its terrible.

Some info from my "about phone" settings section:
Baseband version 1.09.00.0108
Build number 2.95.652.5 CL560640 release-keys
PRI Version 1.56_144
PRL Version 32030

You should be up to date
Fyi, if you want to upgrade prl and profile later you need to be on stock based rom

Upvote 0
I successfully did an S-OFF of my HTC Evo V 4G from Virgin Mobile using JuopunutBear S-OFF instructions on Jan 5th 2014. I rebooted my bootloader on my phone and saw the following: HBOOT - 1.57.5757 and RADIO - 1.09.00.0100. So can I skip the steps on this post for upgrading my radio and hboot? Can I install Cyanogenmod 10 or Harmonia 3.17?

Upvote 0
My EVO V 4G just got the 1.14.652 update notification and auto install failed - probably because I did the Fix Everything procedure long ago.
When phone rebooted to do install, there was an Aborted message in Recovery.
So I manually selected the update and installed - but still getting an update notification.
Software Number 1.14.652.0 710RD
BaseBand 0.97.10.0808
Build Number 1.14.652.0 CL372137 release-keys

Is there a special procedure to properly get update installed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones