• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexFro 1.0.1 - Android 2.2 FRF57 (WIFI FIXED)

Thanks for deciding the name!

• NexFro

Votes: 115 86.5%
  • NexCream

Votes: 22 16.5%

• Total voters
Ok one last question, I am using Titanium Backup to keep everything backed up, is there anything I need to worry about reinstalling that could mess things up?

Viro

I noticed a few things after installing NexBeastFRF57011.zip onto My Droid and my friend has confirmed the same issues on his Droid.

The movies that were on the SD card no longer play with any players. They are MP4's and are labled "Unknown; may cause problems". They all worked on NexBeast1.1 on 2.1 OS and oddly all movies created by the Droid still work.

Also Google Maps keeps coming up as needed to be downloaded but is says "a manual install is required". When manually downloaded it fails on installation and says "Installation error, package file was not signed correctly". Otherwise the ROM is the shit! Great work!

I will post if I find anything else.

Viro

Been running NexFro 1.0.1 for a couple days now (themed version). Great look and no issues except for one. Shortcuts seem to disappear from my folders. I can easily recreate the problem. Create folder, add shortcuts, start an app (browser, calculator etc.,), folder is empty. Sometimes they disappear right away, sometimes it takes a minute or two.

guess i'm late to the party. installed this last night and DO NOT see myself changing ROMS in the foreseeable future. Fabu, u FN rock.

Soooo, any plans to uplift my favorite ROM to FRF84B?? Love this theme and would like all the latest build goodies.

Thanks for a great ROM, haven't changed off of NEXfro for over3 weeks! A new ROM record for me!

Does anyone have a fix for the mp4 or can explain why they are no longer playable with this ROM? Also noticed when using Advanced Task Manager apps no longer want to stay ended. Meaning if you kill say a flashlight app sometimes it pops right back on the list within seconds of killing it. This is the same results for most of the apps on the task manager.

Viro

where is the dload link fab. the 1.0.1 below changelog isnt hyperlinked? did it get pulled or am i just not seeing it

edit: nvrmind im an idiot. ive been messing with my droid since 12pm today... read way tooo much...

I have tryed a few other roms but I always come back to NexFro 1.01. I use the LauncherPro version that came built in. I haven't been able to upgrade to newer versions of LP because it always errors out during the install. I have been OK with this because it has been working so well even with the older version of LP. The problem is that this morning I got the " the trial version has expired... download new version..." message this morning. I can't upgrade LP. I can't uninstall (uninstall is greyed out in app manager). Does anyone know how to get the latest version of LauncherPro to work with NexFro?

After some searching I found a solution that worked for me...

Using root explorer I deleted the launcherpro apk file from my /system/apps folder. I cleared the settings on launcher through app manager and rebooted. I then was able to download and install the latest version of LauncherPro.

When I receive a telephone call, my live wallpapers disappear and I lose my ringer sound that I assigned to that person calling. Any thoughts from the group?

i still cant get launcher pro to update/install

also i cant remove it via script it keeps force closing

Use adb commands to do it instead of the scripts..

su
cd /system/app
rm -r [name of app].apk
sync

and that should do the trick...

But more importantly, why in the world are people still on this ROM?! The official Froyo build is out and has some wicked ROMs you could be using (e.g., Liquid Frozen Yogurt, Simply Stunning, Sapphire, etc.)

Just saying.. :D

Just wanted to say Thank you Fabolous for the best theme i seen so far.
I using it and its great, i have not had any problems with it. :D

I have tried a dozen different ROMs on this Droid 1, and this one is BY FAR the best. It is so smooth, with no lag, no bugs, and any apps the market says are not compatible can be sideloaded. Even Angry Birds Star Wars works great.

Thank you for this one!!

Back
Top Bottom