• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexFro 1.0.1 - Android 2.2 FRF57 (WIFI FIXED)

Thanks for deciding the name!

• NexFro

Votes: 115 86.5%
  • NexCream

Votes: 22 16.5%

• Total voters
For some reason, I've noticed since going to FRF57 ROMS (vanilla, then this NexBeast), my Maps app shows as "free" (uninstalled) in the market and when I went to update/install it, it kept failing with "installation unsuccessful" :(. It was actually installed though and showed up and worked perfectly in the app drawer. I tried moving (w/ Root Explorer) the Maps.apk out of the /system/app/ directory (onto the SD card temporarily in case I needed it again) to try and get rid of it, then installing it from the market, and it still failed. Then I tried removing it via your method in the OP and it said "no such file or directory" when I tried to uninstall it (I remember doing/seeing this same thing with a maps issue when changing ROMs in the past and had to disregard the message before, not sure if that's relevant now though), but I restarted the phone afterwords anyway and tried to install Maps from the market again to no avail :(. Anyone have any other tricks to force the install to work and/or get rid of all previous map data to keep it from interfering?

Thanks!

The Maps in the market is the same as the one that comes installed with the FRF57 leak (and all of the derivatives).

If you've deleted the file completely, here is the link to put it back on your phone in the original location.

Alternately, just put it on your SDCard, then in the phone, run it from the SDCard. Then you'll be able to uninstall it, and then you can install the Market version.

Maps.zip

The Maps in the market is the same as the one that comes installed with the FRF57 leak (and all of the derivatives).

If you've deleted the file completely, here is the link to put it back on your phone in the original location.

Alternately, just put it on your SDCard, then in the phone, run it from the SDCard. Then you'll be able to uninstall it, and then you can install the Market version.

Maps.zip

Thanks man. Worked perfectly. Weird stuff though. I guess the maps I restored as part of my data in CW recovery interfered with the one already in the ROM..? The only (minor) thing now is that the icon for the new Maps app is the stock one as opposed to the theme (HTC, I think) icon as part of Fabs NexBeast. No biggie, but if you know how I can replace that easily, I'd appreciate that too :).

You could try re-applying Fab's NextBeast over your current ROM....

I think that should work. Ummm...maybe.

Is this the NextBeast that is the full ROM? If so, then no, it'll take you right back to where you were.

Grrr.. well it seems the same thing is going on with a couple other apps now. I'm running Fabs NexBeast v0.1.1. When I was going through my Downloads menu in the market, I noticed a couple other apps with the same issue, ones that aren't even included with the ROM in the first place. The two specifically are "USAA" (bank app) and "Movies" (app for finding theaters and checking out movies at them). They were installed and working fine with the vanilla FRF57 2.2 leak, I guess when I went to NexBeast, they broke somehow.

With these apps though, they're not actually on the phone at all. Not in the app drawer and not in the /system/app/ directory, though for some reason they won't install through the market. I have Titanium backups for both apps, but when I go to restore them, it says it restores successfully, but it doesn't actually do anything at all. The apps still don't show up in the drawer or in the directory :(. Any ideas for this one?

Thanks again.

Edit: WTF, now Weatherbug disappeared too! That was just working and installed earlier this afternoon! WTH happened?? All I've done recently (this afternoon)to my phone is wipe the cache partition in CW recovery because I was having major lag issues with my phone and this helped a lot with that issue. This wouldn't mess with these apps somehow, would it?

Ok, maps fix (thanks messenger):

su
sysrw
mv /system/app/Maps.apk /system/app/Maps.apk.bak
busybox cp /sdcard/Maps.apk /system/app/
sync
reboot

The theming messed up the functions. Sorry guys! But that's what beta testers are good for, right? :D

This new version keeps the icon, but restores layers and labs, etc. It still won't show up as installed in market though...

Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I really want to fix the map problem

Grrr.. well it seems the same thing is going on with a couple other apps now. I'm running Fabs NexBeast v0.1.1. When I was going through my Downloads menu in the market, I noticed a couple other apps with the same issue, ones that aren't even included with the ROM in the first place. The two specifically are "USAA" (bank app) and "Movies" (app for finding theaters and checking out movies at them). They were installed and working fine with the vanilla FRF57 2.2 leak, I guess when I went to NexBeast, they broke somehow.

With these apps though, they're not actually on the phone at all. Not in the app drawer and not in the /system/app/ directory, though for some reason they won't install through the market. I have Titanium backups for both apps, but when I go to restore them, it says it restores successfully, but it doesn't actually do anything at all. The apps still don't show up in the drawer or in the directory :(. Any ideas for this one?

Thanks again.

Edit: WTF, now Weatherbug disappeared too! That was just working and installed earlier this afternoon! WTH happened?? All I've done recently (this afternoon)to my phone is wipe the cache partition in CW recovery because I was having major lag issues with my phone and this helped a lot with that issue. This wouldn't mess with these apps somehow, would it?

Are you running just this ROM, or did you apply it over Pete's BB for FroYo?

Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I really want to fix the map problem

You need the Android Terminal Emulator from the market - then run those commands as they are written in the terminal emulator.

That would be here

http://androidforums.com/all-things...east-frf57-v0-1-1-wifi-fixed-6-13-2010-a.html

Great ROM or should I say ROM's. Can you think of any reason why apps in a folder on the desktop would disappear out of the folder (all except 1) when rebooting phone? Worked in base FRF57 leak stock launcher, but breaks with BB, Nexbeast, and NexFro stock launchers, but works again with LauncherPro?

Probably shouldn't care, but well ....

Thanks.

Yes, it is not based upon BB - however, if it is installed over BB without a wipe, then the scripts from BB are still gonna be there....and thus quite possibly the Apps2SD will be enabled.

And if that is the case, then http://androidforums.com/all-things...frf57-froyo-new-release-out-4.html#post954263 applies, as does http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...ble-transferred-sd-card-2-2-a.html#post954590

(those are individual posts that I linked to, the titles are just the thread titles that I made each of those respective post in.)

The ROM is running great just one question, sometimes when I DL .apks I get "download unsuccessful." It happens a lot, like last night when I DL'd the new Flash Beta I kept getting it and eventually got it to work. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks

Anyone using a P3Droid kernel not able read CPU temps? I can see the battery temps fine but when trying to enable the in-app CPU temp in TempMonitor, I get a popup error saying "You are not using Tasmanian_Droids custom Kernel on this device"

Anyone using a P3Droid kernel not able read CPU temps? I can see the battery temps fine but when trying to enable the in-app CPU temp in TempMonitor, I get a popup error saying "You are not using Tasmanian_Droids custom Kernel on this device"

To my knowledge none of the kernels are able to read the CPU temps on Froyo... this is a limitation of one of the files used in the kernel and it is a known issue, so far I have not heard that they have found a solution.

I did get TempMonitor to actually display the CPU temp, however I realized after a few minutes that the temp was the same the whole time and would not update at all. This was on a Jdlfg kernel...

To my knowledge none of the kernels are able to read the CPU temps on Froyo... this is a limitation of one of the files used in the kernel and it is a known issue, so far I have not heard that they have found a solution.

I did get TempMonitor to actually display the CPU temp, however I realized after a few minutes that the temp was the same the whole time and would not update at all. This was on a Jdlfg kernel...

Chevy said he was able to compile the code into the kernel, but TempMonitor crashed when he tried to run it with the kernel: Froyo Kernels - 6-16-2010 - ULV/LV/MV - Page 4 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

The ROM is running great just one question, sometimes when I DL .apks I get "download unsuccessful." It happens a lot, like last night when I DL'd the new Flash Beta I kept getting it and eventually got it to work. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks

YES!! i am having the same problem....i am running BBv0.2.1 no themes (since they always seem to break shiot) a couple of scripts ran (zipalign_apks, droidboot) with OC kernal p3 1100.....i am having random reboots (not with the button combo) and had the market problem...but the one thing thats burning my hide is NO .apks will install...im doing the market fix thing as i type but its not just from the market...i even tried some that are backed up to the sd card and i get installation unsuccessful ...ive tried root explorer, astro and the same thing..

Hey Fab, Great rom, i love it,
but.... i recently am running into a problem, my camera app isnt working properly, it will take the picture and save something but not the picture and i cant access it, once i reboot the phone the blank picture shows up in the gallery for a second then is removed... however rebooting the phone will temporally fix the issue but it comes back eventually ...

also i acidently clicked the playlist button in music mod and its stuck in a loop, i cant get the musicmod to launch without a fc

So does NexFro101.zip contain the wifi-zip fix and the flash update yet or do those have to be added separately?

Also if they have to be done after ROM install just use ROM manager to install Wi-FI fix (Install ROM from SD Card)?

What is proper method to install flash with Astro?

Thanks!

Viro

The wifi fix is still separate.

Also, about the musicmod fc, just clear data for music.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks fab.

Re the camera issue, i fixed permissions and that seams to have fixed the problem for anyone else out there...

Back
Top Bottom