• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[TIP] Slow web scrolling FIXED! Update Flash Player!

Hi, This is my first post to the forum, I've had my incredible since it first became available at Verizon. I visit everyday here but have never posted.

I wanted to say I finally received my OTA Froyo update 2 days ago and wanted to input on this thread. My OTA update went smooth, took about 5 mins or so. The 2 main things that I noticed 2 days later was that scrolling web pages was not a fast or snappy as prior to the OTA and the flash player that came with the OTA was very slow loading, trying many different sites from M.Flash.com
So when I saw this thread I noticed others having the same problem.

As noted above the flash version that comes with the OTA is not the most recent version. I followed the directions above the downloaded the apk file (using my phone) it downloads directly to your SD card. (make sure you check under setting before to put a check mark to allow downloads from 3rd party) you can always uncheck it when your done. Once the file has downloaded it will appear on your drop down box, scroll it down and click on it and it will open a window telling you this is a flash file download do you want it to replace your previous version? click yes and it gives you the newest version (listed above)

Then I powered down my phone, waited a couple minutes and turn it back on, went to the same sites I went to before using many different flash sites from m.flash.com and for me, the new flash update works much much better, it loads faster and the video is smooth and audio is great. In fact there were some videos I watched from discovery.com and usatoday that it was very cool to see in such high quality. So for me this new flash update works and I am glad I did this. I was nervous at first but it confirms for you that this is indeed a flash file and it will flash over the previous version so all is good. Scolling seems to be better with this new flash version before I had more lag, now it seems better. Since I just did the flash update a few hrs ago, I'll report back on the scrolling but it seems better for me. (I also have not done a factory reset on my phone since getting Froyo in case anyone wondered)

I then went to some other flash sites and while some sites take a little bit to load after the commercials are over the videos are awesome with this new flash version.

I also went to youtube today and I was amazed that now it gives me all HQ videos by default with the new OTA Froyo and the video load faster for me than before the 2.2 Froyo.

So for me I am really happy with the new flash ver.

Reactions: DarbagDarbag
Upvote 0
With Froyo, how do I get access to my SD card? All I get now is the verizon mobile popup when I plug in my phone.

I had this same question, when I connected my USB cable to my PC I would get 3 folders when I went to my computer>Then under Devices and Storage> it showed 3 folders, 1 was the Verison, 1 was a K Drive and 1 was a L Drive. I am using windows xp. I couldnt' figure out which drive my SD card was using so I disconnected my phone from my PC, took out my SD card and connected my phone back to my PC, then saw the only the K drive was there and the Verizon folder, so I knew then that my L Drive folder was my SD card cause it was not there on my PC, so I unhooked my phone again, put back in my SD card and hooked phone back to PC and there was my L Drive folder back again so I knew that was the folder for my SD card.

I'm sure there is an easier way but that is what worked for me.

However for me, the easiest way to get the new flash version was to download the apk file (using my phone) from the above mega site and it will download it directly to your SD card. Once it downloads it will appear in your drop down list on the homescreen. Before you scroll down to click it make sure you check the box under your phone setting to allow downloads from outside the marketplace)

You really don't need any special program to download this file nor do you need any special task master program, like I said above you can just download it using your phone.

Upvote 0
I have the super slow sound trying to watch pga streaming today from the pga site using the new flash update. any way to revert back?

edit; nevermind it was easy to uninstall.

still super slow sound on cnet video. tried my wife's dinc that never had the adobe update, and she gets the slow sound as well. Is this a known issue for some sites? pgatour.com looks to be just the live feeds.

Upvote 0
How come there is an update but it is not available via the market or appbrain? I understand you can update it via the .apk but if there is an update out there shoudn't it be available for all?

Is it possible the udpate isn't verified for the Incredible?

The source of the file (Adam) posted a comment on droid life stating he did in fact get it from the market and back it up off his phone. Some droid 2.2 devices cannot see flash on the market. :)

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/2...-1-v10-1-92-8-for-froyo-now/#comment-70829037

Upvote 0
Ok. Figured it out. Was running the 72 version prior to the update. I put the .apk on my SD card...then opened it using Astro File Manager. It asked if I wanted to update, clicked yes and it installed the new version fine.

So lesson learned for this .apk...cannot install from the computer using ADB/SDK.

P.s. the browser scrolling is now very quick and some of the flash sites I had checked before seem to load even a little bit faster now with the update.

This seemed to work! I tried from the phone itself and then tried by placing the file on my SD card via PC, neither worked. Astro File Manager was the ticket. Thanks again!!!

Upvote 0
I tried the on demand option but didn't like it yeah ur webpages will load faster but at the cost of making all the flash content have arrows and no pics. The whole idea with flash is to see the preview pic to see if u want to click it. I keep it at always on. Just get the new flash version it works faster.

Upvote 0
I tried the on demand option but didn't like it yeah ur webpages will load faster but at the cost of making all the flash content have arrows and no pics. The whole idea with flash is to see the preview pic to see if u want to click it. I keep it at always on. Just get the new flash version it works faster.

99% of flash content is ads.

I guess I love seeing those empty ad boxes. Reminds me of Firefox with the AdBlock+ and NoScript extensions running.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I did a search on .apk and found 2 items of com.adobi.flashplayer.apk with today's date one under mnt/emmc and the other under emmc. How can I check the version on it as I can't find it anywhere.

I updated one of those 2, found where to see version and I am now on 10.1.92.8 so I guess I got it updates.

I still could not find it under sdcard though, but the search in Astro showed those two locations and picked one and updated and it worked.

Upvote 0
99% of flash content is ads.

I guess I love seeing those empty ad boxes. Reminds me of Firefox with the AdBlock+ and NoScript extensions running.
The best way to suf the webernet!!
I have DropBox, so I downloaded the .apk from the computer to DropBox, then installed it from my phones DropBox. Pretty slick.

I consider myself pretty computer savvy, BUT i never even thought of using dropbox:eek::eek:. Been emailing files, plugging in to transfer them. PITA. Just read your post and was like !^$#^&$ DUH!!!!
LOL, thanks for reminding me that i'm a moron!! :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones