• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] [MOD]App2External_SD (Fixed Duplicate files)

I've followed the steps listed precisely but I'm still not seeing the ExtSD space showing up as Internal. I've verified root with Root Checker. I downloaded the script and dropped the file extension. When I run Universal Init, verified comes back. I've rebooted and tried the steps multiple times but no luck: Still shows the 1.27GB as Internal.

What makes me nervous that something hasn't really worked even though it seems like it has is in the Universal Init thread on xda, it says to look for a Test.log file in /data and I don't see that. Also, same thread mentions having rwrwrw on the init.d folder and mine doesn't have that. When I try to change to rwrwrw on all attributes via SManager, it warns me that doing so could brick my phone.

So want this to work to break free of the 1.27GB; any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Sorted the issue. Key was getting a .txt from the download on the 11extsd2internalsd file. Once I did that (which I did by getting it straight from/on the phone), I was good to go!

May help to make this a bit more clear/stressed on the original instructions as I originally saved the file on my PC then transferred to the phone, and that doesn't work since a PC browser (I used both IE and Chrome) saved it as a .htm file by default. Even though I removed the file extension, still didn't work.

Anyhoo...all good...this fix rocks! Thanks much!!

alright so everything seems to go good when i check the storage it says its been swapped but when i download a app it installas in the external but at the same time i see it installs in the internal like if i have 900mb in internal i install the app it will go down lets say 875 or whatever the size of the app is .... anybody with this problem ?

Worked on my F3 VM version 4.1.2
Problem is... what worked? because under Internal Storage: Total space "29.69GB" Apps "112MB" "available 29.66GB" is the new number- Sd Card: "total space 1.24GB" "available 1.05" but when I tested and downloaded and installed an app to see what would change.... the numbers were changed under Internal storage: "total space 29.69 Apps 118MB available 29.65" and the sd card: "available 1.04GB"

so it would appear it really has done nothing except now it is effecting both cards?

when I install the application it changes the sd card available space again by .01 .... and does not touch the available space under internal storage... but it shows the apps amount of storage as changed the appropriate amount.. can you please explain this ? seems as though this does not work for anything but show.

Update: I tried again to install another app. And now I see what is changing the internal available space... it's when i put the apk file in the sdcard/download folder. it changes it by .01 and it does not change the sd card space... but... when i install it effects the sd card space not the internal by only .01

P.S. Update: well to update I installed sims freeplay and if anyone knows that game it has to download like 433mb after the initial 30 some mb, and it seems as though it is downloading into the internal "29.xxGB" space and not touching the sd card 1GB space... so... maybe it is working somewhat? hopefully all this info is helpful to finding the true answer of whether this is working but that raised my hopes a little.

Alrighty, I just went ahead and did this with apps installed and it worked. However, what would be the best way to go about and getting rid of what is still on the internal storage, such as the left overs. Should I just delete the music/pictures/etc with a file manager or should I do a factory reset? Is a factory reset possible while the script is in place?

Edit: Nevermind... I fully understand now. I actually did this with my last phone, just in a very different method. I got it going and it works perfectly. Thank you very much!

You need to back up your apps. Then do a factory reset to clear everything. Move everything from your internal sd to your external sd and delete or format internal sd. Then reinstall your apps after you factory reset cause the old data needs to be on the external sd.

So do you mean back up downloaded apps or system apps?

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong?? :( ~see attached screenshots~

If I tap and hold the file though, I get a menu with an "open as" selection that includes "scrip/executable". Is this what I should be doing? I'm so worried I'm gonna brick this phone. Can someone help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-11-00-45-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-00-45-23.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_2014-04-11-00-45-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-00-45-29.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 224

If I tap and hold the file though, I get a menu with an "open as" selection that includes "scrip/executable". Is this what I should be doing? I'm so worried I'm gonna brick this phone. Can someone help?

Oooh nevermind, I figured it out :D:D:D

I'm having the same issue.... I am going to try to remove the ".txt" extension as Trevor did and see if that works and I'll let you know.

Insufficient space, when I download apps, but when i go to internal storage I have 7 gb (lg opt f6)

I finally got it to work and now I am still getting the insufficient space error as well.

I will continue to play around with it, please let me know if you get it working right.

My back up is what initially pushed me towards the space error, I've deleted everything and am going retry, attached are screen shots of after I executed.1397356099087.jpg

Attachments

• 1397356127189.jpg
    1397356127189.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 214
Use this sd card mod and then follow this guide LINK2SD, instead of ext2 choose ext4, thanks to hubsabubs for helping me find this... this is the 100% fix for insufficient storage

I would first like to say that I absolutely love this!
It's a great mod, and it lets me do much more with it installed.
However, I do have one problem with it..

When using this mod the phone doesn't see any media on the SD card.
None of the pictures on the card are added to the gallery, and none of the music can be played.
It can still be played from the internal memory, but that kind of stinks.

I would first like to say that I absolutely love this!
It's a great mod, and it lets me do much more with it installed.
However, I do have one problem with it..

When using this mod the phone doesn't see any media on the SD card.
None of the pictures on the card are added to the gallery, and none of the music can be played.
It can still be played from the internal memory, but that kind of stinks.

use this app

Very very impressed with both mods. Memory/speed Its Like a different device now. With all the new space, and downloads that link automatically it so so nice to have some control back.
Thank you all !!! for your time and all the work.

Hey y'all, yes dropping the ".txt" was what fixed it for me. Also the SManager app has been updated since the original screenshots, so I was a little lost about where/what to click. Ever since I fixed that though, everything has been going great!

Until.. ~dun dun dunnn~.. I dropped the phone. The card did not dislodge or move at all but upon the phone restarting, all my files were broken. I rebooted again and that time it doubled all my files, but only the pictures, not the music or apps. I hooked it up to my computer and took care of the extra stuff, transferred what I needed and just deleted it from the phone itself. The main problem, and what I don't understand, is that somehow dropping it completely deleted all my music o_O That's ALL that was actually deleted from the card before I went in on my computer to delete things. Does anyone have any idea why that would happen? The phone itself is fine, everything's good, wasn't too hard of a drop thankfully. Just so weird it would only erase my music. Rude phone is rude!

I'm a little concerned about this in the future because I soon won't have regular access to a computer. Curious as to why dropping it creates doubled, but broken, files. Pro-tip: try really hard not to drop your phone after using this mod guys. (But really the mod is awesome so thank you for sharing that with us, as the phone was more or less useless to me without it!)

Back
Top Bottom