• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unlocked evo with s-on issues

ive unlocked my evo 4g via htcdev :D ...and when i try to flash recovery, it drops out of the splash screen exactly 10 sec. and goes black:mad::(:confused: the only option of doin so is the ADB command method as it wont boot norm, so i can not toggle off the fastboot option from within its os. here is info that may help:)

****unlocked****
supersonic evt1 ship s-on
hboot-2.18.0001
microp-041f
touch panel-atmel224_16ab
radio-2.15.00.12.19
dec 21 2011,12:50:32

ive been @ this for 9 days now, and getting super:confused: with it really ...lmao plz save me!

ive unlocked my evo 4g via htcdev :D ...and when i try to flash recovery, it drops out of the splash screen exactly 10 sec. and goes black:mad::(:confused: the only option of doin so is the ADB command method as it wont boot norm, so i can not toggle off the fastboot option from within its os. here is info that may help:)

****unlocked****
supersonic evt1 ship s-on
hboot-2.18.0001
microp-041f
touch panel-atmel224_16ab
radio-2.15.00.12.19
dec 21 2011,12:50:32

ive been @ this for 9 days now, and getting super:confused: with it really ...lmao plz save me!
Welcome to AF!!
I moved your thread to the All things Root forum for ya.
:)
What guide are you following?
Are you trying the PC36IMG method to install the recovery?

thanx budd! ...yea the guide or guides rather, im fallowing are " [Revised] Rooting Gingerbread 2.3.5 Dummies Guide" by ocnbrze ...while taking bits from " s-on and want to flash roms?" by scotty85. yea i have tried that via sd, but not cmn i think

thanx budd! ...yea the guide or guides rather, im fallowing are " [Revised] Rooting Gingerbread 2.3.5 Dummies Guide" by ocnbrze ...while taking bits from " s-on and want to flash roms?" by scotty85. yea i have tried that via sd, but not cmn i think
Scotty is a tremendous guy, full of knowledge beyond mine:)
He has gotten many people out of a jam, trust me..he is awesome :D

That being said, I would stick to the guide provided by Ocnbrze as it is tried and true and works if follow it to the letter.

From here on forth, when I say "the guide", I am referring to the guide here:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

What error do you get when you use the PC36IMG method?
If you desire, and sometimes easier, you can use the adb method listed in the guide :)

Cool beans. Let us know how it . And of you have any questions please let us know.

right-on! I did install the recovery with success:D it was the second pc36img link you have listed in your guide. but it is still hanging up at the splash when i boot up recovery (or norm boot):( so now im stuck at the 3rd step... any ideas? would running an ruu help this?

right-on! I did install the recovery with success:D it was the second pc36img link you have listed in your guide. but it is still hanging up at the splash when i boot up recovery (or norm boot):( so now im stuck at the 3rd step... any ideas? would running an ruu help this?

how long are you waiting on the splash screen? so you can't boot up at all?
what exactly did you do when this happened?

how long are you waiting on the splash screen? so you can't boot up at all?
what exactly did you do when this happened?

last night I waited 30 sum mins. correct sir, the only thing that will boot is bootloader. everything else tries:o I just tried to boot recovery again, and it acts like it boots (goes to splash for about 3-4 seconds and then black) its not hanging up on splash now:confused: ...and idk really, it acted up after a OTA and day by day, got worse:mad: till it just went off, rebooted its self, and just hung @ splash about a month or so ago

last night I waited 30 sum mins. correct sir, the only thing that will boot is bootloader. everything else tries:o I just tried to boot recovery again, and it acts like it boots (goes to splash for about 3-4 seconds and then black) its not hanging up on splash now:confused: ...and idk really, it acted up after a OTA and day by day, got worse:mad: till it just went off, rebooted its self, and just hung @ splash about a month or so ago

ok you should never accept an ota while you are rooted. on that note i would try and run a ruu and see if that works and then re-install a recovery.

:(:confused: well... I tried to install the whole zip via hboot, there is a blue progress bar in the top right cornner that loads fine... then says "wrong zipped image!" I noticed that the mainvr, on the recovery i installed from the guide is 5.07.651.1 ...while the one from the zip above is 4.67.651.3 is this something i need to edit to match? or is that even a issue? lmao any ideas?

damn well i'm not sure then. if you are on the latest ota which is 5.07 then you might be sol. i have not seen a 5.07 ruu but i will do some searching for you. this is another reason to never accept an ota while rooted.

ok the only other thing i can think of is to fully get s-off by following the captain's method by downgrading your bootloader and then you can try and run the 4.67 ruu.

hey so i just realized you said wrong image. that is normal. do you know if you have 5.07 or 4.67 before all of this happened? you may have not named it right or placed it in the right spot on the sd card.

damn well i'm not sure then. if you are on the latest ota which is 5.07 then you might be sol. i have not seen a 5.07 ruu but i will do some searching for you. this is another reason to never accept an ota while rooted.

well hell:( ...could i not change the numbers in the info file to match?, since that is what it is checking... and hell yea bro, i would appreciate your research on a 5.07:D ...the :confused:-ing part of it is that i wasn't rooted at the time i received the ota... hummm, well i will join you in the quest to find a 5.07 then:D

well hell:( ...could i not change the numbers in the info file to match?, since that is what it is checking... and hell yea bro, i would appreciate your research on a 5.07:D ...the :confused:-ing part of it is that i wasn't rooted at the time i received the ota... hummm, well i will join you in the quest to find a 5.07 then:D

nope number changing will not work, unfortunately. and so far i have not seen a 5.07 ruu for the og evo. are you sure you were on 5.07?

Back
Top Bottom