• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unlocked evo with s-on issues

I'm not sure and I know Scotty and the Cap't know a heck of alot more than I do about this but, on a different note, when you typed "adb devices" earlier, nothing came up? (when you were in the black screen?)

And when you typed adb devices, and nothing showed up, what phone screen were you on?

The reason I ask is, at one point when you typed that, the serial # 123456789012 came up.

The next time it didn't?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure and I know Scotty and the Cap't know a heck of alot more than I do about this but, on a different note, when you typed "adb devices" earlier, nothing came up? (when you were in the black screen?)

And when you typed adb devices, and nothing showed up, what phone screen were you on?

The reason I ask is, at one point when you typed that, the serial # 123456789012 came up.

The next time it didn't?
sorry it took so long for my response, just now noticed there was a 2nd page to this thread:D

correct, i entered the command at the black screen after selecting recovery on the phone its self. ...and no that was me jumping the gun :eek: I noticed there was a s/n on the getvar command. its the 7th one down

C:\aNdRoId>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.18.0001
(bootloader) version-baseband: 2.15.00.12.19
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: 041f
(bootloader) version-main: 5.07.651.1
(bootloader) serialno: 123456789012
(bootloader) imei: 355195000000017
(bootloader) product: supersonic
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8x50
(bootloader) modelid: PC36*****
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3897mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 4b46e889
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.033s

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
:thinking: same thing came up after doin a "fastboot devices" cmd
it said

C:\aNdRoId>fastboot devices
123456789012 fastboot

i wonder what thats about? ...needless to say, lol that does not match the one on the back of the phone:thinking::mad::(:eek::thinking:
sorry, but i'm back. had to pay the bills.......

i hate to tell you but you are pretty much screwed:(:eek::(:eek::( there is no 5.07 ruu out. not sure why it was never released. maybe because there was no firmware change(no new radios or hboot) so no need to have a ruu? not sure.

and without a workable recovery, there is not much you can do.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
hummmm... so @ this point, even if i could find a 5.07 ruu? im pretty much screwed yea?
and could turning s-off get around this?
if you were allready s-off,then youd have more options to fix it(like being aboe to run an older ruu),but in the event of some sort of hardware failure,theres not much you can do outside of repairing damaged hardware. there is no way to turn s-off on your current firmware. in order to use revolutionary(wich is not a true s-off) or unrevoked, youll need to be on a suported hboot and/or radio. the main version keeps us from downgrading while s-on,we cant change main version without a working recovery or a booting OS. :(

:thinking: same thing came up after doin a "fastboot devices" cmd
it said

C:\aNdRoId>fastboot devices
123456789012 fastboot

i wonder what thats about? ...needless to say, lol that does not match the one on the back of the phone:thinking::mad::(:eek::thinking:

someone has changed it. possibly for legitimate reasons,possibly not. if you bought it used,it may be better you dont mess with it anyway. the false esn and/or meid could prevent you from activating the phone.

as ocn said,there isnt much we can do without a working recovery.

since the adb devices did not return a serial number,the theory that recovery is there and working is somewhat out the window.

the fact that the phone will not boot to an installed recovery,or boot a recovery directly into memory,does seem to insinuate that there is more going on here(some sort of hardware failure) unless the images youre trying to install/boot are corrupt from download,or becoming corrupt during transfer becasue of a bad usb cable/port or something else running onthe PC.

only thing i can think of at this point is to try the process on a virgin PC. its a longshot,but you never know. failing that,i think the phones current state is prolly permanent. :(

Upvote 0
yea the thing is im on a pc that is right outta the factory box about a month now:( and the mini usb is oem... im not sure if this makes a difference, but i bought it from a buddy that canceled his contract with sprint about 2 months into it:rolleyes: complete stock, ...I then installed a couple google apps that essentially gave me free service via wifi. lmao now that i think about it... I probably pissed of sprint with that move and they sent me a effin death note:p
...again thank you all! scotty, ocn, mike, and mister throwback.. you guys kick some sweet ass! ...you have helped me tremendously.:D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones