• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unofficial AOSP Builds

That new build runs pretty great. Been running it since yesterday and seems as though everything is working.

Edit.. After a bit more testing it looks like data may be a bit wonky. Normally I'm getting LTE dropping back to HSPA+ occasionally.

On the latest build it wants to hang out on HSPA and briefly jumps up to HSPA+ occasionally. Have yet to see Lte.
Did you change the settings in network menu?
Try *#*#4636#*#*

That new build runs pretty great. Been running it since yesterday and seems as though everything is working.

Edit.. After a bit more testing it looks like LTE isn't working.
It IS WORKING... Just change preffered network settings to gsm/wcdma/lte... If it's still not working for you after that, maybe it's a problem with your signal...

Feel dumb now. I went in to change network type in settings > mobile network but didn't see any entry with LTE. Would have helped if I would have tried scrolling up to see the rest of the options. Sorry been one of those days.

It is indeed working. Thanks!

I was testing playing music from phone to car bluetooth player and sometimes (not all the time... most of the time it works fine for a long period) the audio lags a lot... I have to pause music, wait a few seconds and press play again to stop lag... I had the same behavior on stock, so I think maybe it's my bluetooth player or Motorola code... Is anyone else experiencing something similar? Would you people please test playing music from phone to a bluetooth device for some minutes and report here? I don't have other Bluetooth players to test...

Would you please add the line "persist.debug.wfd.enable=1" to build.prop too, to enable miracast as default?
I'll add it to the system.prop for now.
I was testing playing music from phone to car bluetooth player and sometimes (not all the time... most of the time it works fine for a long period) the audio lags a lot... I have to pause music, wait a few seconds and press play again to stop lag... I had the same behavior on stock, so I think maybe it's my bluetooth player or Motorola code... Is anyone else experiencing something similar? Would you people please test playing music from phone to a bluetooth device for some minutes and report here? I don't have other Bluetooth players to test...
Hmmm. Maybe it's a compatibility issue.

Hi so I've been watching but not testing stuff on this thread. What is the currently recommended build to use. With a variety of people building stuff it gets quite complicated to track what's fixed and what's not across different builds. :-)

Edit.. After a bit more testing it looks like LTE isn't working.

I installed that build yesterday and everything seems to work for me apart from the audio lag (fixed with this).

LTE works, but wasn't selected by default in settings>mobile network>preferred network types.

Thanks Shabbypenguin! Just a suggestion: wouldn't it be better to limit the options for preferred network type to just: gsm only, gsm/wcdma, wcdma only, gsm/wcdma/lte and lte only??

what options are there? i removed the overlay from common cuz it blocked lte but i dont know what ones you can pick from and which ones should be removed.

what options are there? i removed the overlay from common cuz it blocked lte but i dont know what ones you can pick from and which ones should be removed.
All the possible options for every phone model in the cyanogenmod universe are showing! Hahaha see screenshots:
jyta6y2a.jpg

aqeseru4.jpg

7u7ypuve.jpg

Fixing the network mode quick setting tile on notifications drawer to show only the options I suggested in the last post would be nice too, if it's not too much to ask...

Another thing I wanted to report is that after dirty flashing your build over 08/05 build from the other developer, MIRACAST is still working even without adding that line I talked about to build.prop... I think it may not be necessary anymore...

Thanks bro!

Back
Top Bottom