• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unofficial AOSP Builds

There's an audio fix posted by another user a few posts before... Here's the link anyway: [XT1033][CM11] Audio fix. | Moto G | XDA Forum

It's really recommend trying to read the feedback from other users before installing a new build... That post wasn't really far behind... It was in the previous page!

Regards...

I actually flashed it over the #2 build and it worked but made music to sound a little bit weird so I had to use equalizer. But with the new build it didn't help. Music was broken.

All the possible options for every phone model in the cyanogenmod universe are showing! Hahaha see screenshots:
jyta6y2a.jpg

aqeseru4.jpg

7u7ypuve.jpg

Fixing the network mode quick setting tile on notifications drawer to show only the options I suggested in the last post would be nice too, if it's not too much to ask...

Another thing I wanted to report is that after dirty flashing your build over 08/05 build from the other developer, MIRACAST is still working even without adding that line I talked about to build.prop... I think it may not be necessary anymore...

Thanks bro!

Ok thanks for the screenshot, holy shit i didnt realize you gsm users had so many options. i added that line in so it shouldnt be an issue either way going forward :).

Welcome to the club,
Who's vendor did you use?
You might need to replace the lights.msm8226.so

Ofc Wi-Fi stabs me in my sleep.
Still can't get it working.

OUDhs vendor files.
Thanks for the tip on the lights, will check on when I get home, plus see if AOKP built :)

I found it in this link: Index of /peregrine/ (just removed the file name from the last build link)... But the developer has not posted the link to the last build here and has not posted any info about it... So, don't know if he approves this... Hope he won't mind... DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

The file you're looking for is cm-11-20140805-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip

I'd hardly call myself a 'developer', more of a 'builder'. I just take somcom and Shabby's work and mash it together into an image :p

As far as I can tell, everything works but GPS and the notification LED (that might just be the Light Flow app I'm using though).

I'm in Australia though so I have no clue if LTE works (despite Amazon's 'Universal' bullshit, LTE on the US peregrine is US only). somcom did mention something about RIL somewhere.

Whenever I can get a hold of somcom or shabby on IRC I'll see if my ideas for GPS fixing will work at all.

But yeah, you're welcome to try my builds if you really want. Just beware that I don't keep old ones around so links will be appearing and disappearing frequently and I cbf changing that.

I'd hardly call myself a 'developer', more of a 'builder'. I just take somcom and Shabby's work and mash it together into an image :p

As far as I can tell, everything works but GPS and the notification LED (that might just be the Light Flow app I'm using though).

I'm in Australia though so I have no clue if LTE works (despite Amazon's 'Universal' bullshit, LTE on the US peregrine is US only). somcom did mention something about RIL somewhere.

Whenever I can get a hold of somcom or shabby on IRC I'll see if my ideas for GPS fixing will work at all.

But yeah, you're welcome to try my builds if you really want. Just beware that I don't keep old ones around so links will be appearing and disappearing frequently and I cbf changing that.
GPS device only is working with your build from 08/05... I don't know what you're talking about...

GPS device only is working with your build from 08/05... I don't know what you're talking about...

Ohgod... It's like the wifi thing all over again...

I've tried every build I've done and I haven't had GPS working on one of these ROMs once.

Have you got GPS (Device only) working? I synced OUDhs today and did a build and it didn't appear to be working :/

Could you post your manifest if it's working?

Yes device only GPS does work (for me at least)
Here is the mani...
<project name="OUDhs/android_device_motorola_peregrine" path="device/motorola/peregrine" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project name="OUDhs/android_device_motorola_msm8226-common" path="device/motorola/msm8226-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project name="OUDhs/android_kernel_motorola_msm8226" path="kernel/motorola/msm8226" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project name="OUDhs/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_qcom-common" path="device/motorola/qcom-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />

Okay, I think I've figured out what's going on with GPS.

First of all, gpsone_daemon isn't being started because there's no case for peregrine in init.qcom.sh

Code:
case "$platformid" in
        "126")
        start gpsone_daemon
esac
case "$target" in
        "msm7630_fusion")
        start gpsone_daemon
esac
case "$baseband" in
        "svlte2a")
        start gpsone_daemon
        start bridgemgrd
        ;;
        "sglte" | "sglte2")
        start gpsone_daemon
        ;;
esac

Second of all, the daemon fails to start when the /data/misc/gpsone_d folder is missing.

Third of all, there may or may not be proprietary blobs missing/invalid. I extracted a bunch from Peregrine to check.

And fourth of all, it looks for a file called /dev/socket/qmux_radio/qmux_client_socket, which seems to be missing on my device and I have a feeling is the actual hardware socket for the GPS. There is, however a qmux_connect_socket. There also seems to be a heavy correlation between qmi and qmux. Checked all the qmi files in /system/vendor/lib and they're fine. MD5sums match stock.

Ohgod... It's like the wifi thing all over again...

I've tried every build I've done and I haven't had GPS working on one of these ROMs once.

GPS is working for me too on your 5/8 build and Shabby's 7/8 build dirty flashed over it.
Possibly some /persist thing? If you flash back to stock does it work or is it still broken?

GPS is working for me too on your 5/8 build and Shabby's 7/8 build dirty flashed over it.
Possibly some /persist thing? If you flash back to stock does it work or is it still broken?

I have a backup from my stock room and when I did it, it didn't work. Then I switched back to cm11 and it works. Idk It might or might not work now.

Glad you got it working, but I wonder what's getting overwritten/regenerated between flashes?

No clue. Since most people have no problems with it, I'm guessing it's a result of a particular bad early build or something or maybe wiping something we shouldn't.

Sorry!! I've figured it out! I had forgotten to fix external SD card write permissions! Please ignore the previous bug report!

Shabbypenguin, just noticed that camera is broken in you last build dirty flashed over 08/05 build from Nupich... Stock camera opens and takes picture, but result is a blank (no image) file in the gallery... Google camera force closes...

Camera seems to be working in Nupich's new 8/8 build

I dont have an 8/8 build. all these bug reports about various builds is getting confusing.
Please ignore the camera bug report... It was an external sdcard permissions issue... My fault...

I agree with you... That's why I give preference to your builds... Only flashed other build when you were having trouble with your PC and couldn't upload updated build...

Heyho, first of all, many thanks for your efforts, i was kinda shocked when my Moto G LTE came and i noticed that all the ROMs for the "old" moto G won't work :rolleyes:

So as soon as i found this thread i tried (after wiping dalvik, cache, data and system) flashing the SlimKat Build from 7/31 - everything seemed to be working fine, GPS (but i fixed before in Stock), gyro, sd, all fine...until i noticed that i have no sound at all :( also, videos won't play (neither from disc nor youtube...maybe has to do with the sound-issue?)
Anyway, i then tried (after a wipe again) the CM Build from 8/7 and everything seems to work here - sadly i don't like CM at all, compared to SlimKat :/
But if my understanding is right, those two are not too far apart, so the next build of Slim will hopefully be with sound? :D

if i can help with any info regarding the sound, let me know...it's my first time fiddling with custom roms, so no beggy ^^

Back
Top Bottom