• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Stable Build 2 (tom1957's camcorder/hq youtube/green tint)

So the last build i posted had gps working and no camera. I didnt change a thing in source, ran make clobber, brunched x5 again and now camera works (still no videocamera in stock app) and gps doesnt. something is wonky....

Can other carrier like Mtn, Airtel work on this Rom? Am currently in Nigeria so i need the carrier to work on it.

Theoretically, this phone can be used on any CDMA/PCS network that supports the 800 / 850 / 1900 MHz bands and/or LTE 850 / 1900 / 2500 MHz bands. Source: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4341. You would have to check if your carrier transmits in those bands.

However, I can see 3 more impediments to get this phone working on a non-Sprint CDMA (3G) voice network:
  1. To get any service, your carrier has to be willing to activate your phone's unique ESN or MEID on their network. Many networks (at least in the US) will not activate a phone that has an ESN and/or MEID that was issued by a different carrier (i.e. a phone that you bought from a different carrier), so you would be out of luck before you started :(.
  2. You would need to be able to update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) to your carrier-supplied PRL. If not, your phone will still be trying to reach the Sprint network (this may not be as simple as updating the PRL from the settings menu - it really depends on how the carrier sends PRL updates to their own phones). Which leads us to the third problem:
  3. I believe some of the Volts are programmed to only use certain networks listed in the PRL. (If this makes any sense, I'll explain with this example: On the Boost Mobile version of the Volt, the radio seems to be hardwired to only pick up the home operator's signal. This is accomplished by only allowing the phone to pick up towers with the ERI value of 1 (or 2 or 3?) in the Boost-supplied PRL. Towers with this ERI value indicate native Sprint network towers. However, Verizon Wireless uses a different numbering scheme for the native towers in their own PRLs, giving their home towers a value of 65. Therefore, if a Verizon PRL would be applied to the phone, the Volt would reject any towers with an ERI value that doesn't equal 1 (or 2 or 3?), which would effectively cancel out any Verizon service on the phone). If this is a problem, it can be fixed by manually modifying your carrier's PRL and changing all the ERI values listed in the PRL to match Sprint's numbering scheme (In our example, changing all the 65s to 1s) and then applying it to your phone.
And we haven't even gotten started on 3G or 4G (LTE) data working! :confused: (you would need to modify the APNs and possibly even more internal data settings in the phone to reflect your carrier's values)

So in short, this question is really bigger than the scope of this thread and has more to do with your carrier's policies and procedures than with any specific ROM released for the Volt.
It may be simple to accomplish this, or it can grow quickly into a complicated procedure!

Please don't get the wrong impression from my reply - I love tinkering with phones and would encourage you to try to get it working on your carrier.

Hope I've been a help (and not too sobering)! :-)

(Also, to keep this thread clean and on topic, I would suggest you post further questions on this topic in a new thread or PM me for more info. :))

None so far just video problems

No video recording in stock camera app is a known issue addressed in the op. Please define video problems. That could mean playing videos, or taking videos with the camcorder which is an already known problem. The more specific you are, the better I am able to target the problem and attempt to fix it.

Also when you say no video playback, with what app? Gallery? Youtube? Snapchat? etc. I know youtube works, i tested it. Videos in gallery app seem to work with videos recorded with camu too, so i need more info.

No video recording in stock camera app is a known issue addressed in the op. Please define video problems. That could mean playing videos, or taking videos with the camcorder which is an already known problem. The more specific you are, the better I am able to target the problem and attempt to fix it.

Also when you say no video playback, with what app? Gallery? Youtube? Snapchat? etc. I know youtube works, i tested it. Videos in gallery app seem to work with videos recorded with camu too, so i need more info.
Everything in this rom works
Led
Wifi
Senors
Etc
(I can't test any data tho)
I haven't tested how long the battery lasts or charging time
Its a really Excellent rom Consisting i have a buch of stuck on my phone (rarely lags)
WIth the video I tried playing some in gallery it would freeze up and be skippy. And in other apps such as vine,snapchat,etc it seems not to play. Its a great rom for a casual day by day use. But im a photographer so i Need to have be sure my camera is working Oh and sometimes idk if just cm11 problem in general but when you apply a theme and reboot it goes back to stock theme

For some reason, if I set the camera's save location to the SD card, pictures always just save as a grey square, but they save fine when it's set to internal storage. Other than that (and the stuff you've already mentioned is broken, of course) everything seems to work fine.

I have had this issue at some point, switching back and forth between roms... I have about 25 pics on my SD card that are gray. But they have been there for a couple of months. There's no telling what exactly caused it.

Has your camera been working through all the cm12 builds?

Yep, my camera's always worked fine with CM12 (but I'm 99% sure the stock CM12 camera doesn't let you save to the SD, so who knows if that would've worked.) For me (with this rom at least) it just seemingly saves as a grey square and then deletes it upon reboot. My SD has been acting up lately (mainly just occasionally unmounting itself) so it very well could just be dying.

new build uploaded to first post.

sms/mms fixed (compiling from source now instead of using omnirom binary.) worked well on my boost mobile volt. the only things left are to fix video recording with stock camera app and to fix the rear camera on boost variants.

remember to flash the virgin or boost fix in the first post too. you wont get lte and mms if you dont.

edit: clarifications above

New build in first post. Everything is working. Use Camu or an app like it to work around the video recording issue for now. I even fixed rear camera on boost mobile and virgin mobile. (mine anyway so i figure unless i hear otherwise thats representative of both)

Everything is now working so im calling this stable for now until i feel like tackling the video recording on stock video camera app problem.

Sources are in the 2nd post, hopefully someone will download it and the source and run weekly builds. Ill try but i will not promise or guarantee anything as i want to move on to different roms and need the hard drive space.

We are working as well as Quarx2k's official cyanogenmod w7 builds. I believe he has working camcorder but we have nfc so ill call that even.

Any idea if the lp twrp will work flashing this, or do I need to switch back to the old twrp? Its been a while since I flashed anything else.
Thanks.. Probably will try later anyway

Testing now! Soon I'll have my data back. I can deal with camu for video record i hope snapchat and other social media (video playback)are up when ever I watched Netflix it take A while for it too load and it bugs. Everything else its PERFECT. But the volume on thi. Rom is not as low as stock but i can fix that

Testing now! Soon I'll have my data back. I can deal with camu for video record i hope snapchat and other social media (video playback)are up when ever I watched Netflix it take A while for it too load and it bugs. Everything else its PERFECT. But the volume on thi. Rom is not as low as stock but i can fix that
Very STABLE! execpt the video playback this rom goes head to head with cm12

Back
Top Bottom