• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Stable Build 2 (tom1957's camcorder/hq youtube/green tint)

Nvm, opened up on my phone and it wasnt showing the full logs. They seem to be whole on my pc though. My bad. Ill check em out.

For anyone who doesnt know:

Run the following in command line or terminal:

adb logcat > log.txt

The best way to capture a log is to wait until the system fully loads. Don't log from boot unless you need to because log cat cuts off at a point and then you have to do it again.

Once system is fully loaded, then run logcat and while its running (in this instance) open up YouTube and try to play the video that wouldn't play right. After you have confirmed it isn't playing or exhibiting expected behavior, then stop the log cat and upload it here to me.

Edit: also, please post the URL of the YouTube video so I can test too. The video you embedded in the above post worked for me, but that's embedded and not the YouTube app.

The thread tool here wont let me post youtube links without embedding them automatically.

Upvote 0
its an h264- software avc error. so yep its a codec error. ill see about fixing it, do you happen to know if the same issue is thrown in decaf cm11?

edit: for now, click on settings on the youtube video and turn of hq streaming. that will allow you to play the video, and hq really doesnt matter when the highest setting we can go to is 480.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its an h264- software avc error. so yep its a codec error. ill see about fixing it, do you happen to know if the same issue is thrown in decaf cm11?

edit: for now, click on settings on the youtube video and turn of hq streaming. that will allow you to play the video, and hq really doesnt matter when the highest setting we can go to is 480.

Youtube appears to be working on the DeCAF rom 11-20150417 No FM on that ROM though. I made a note on that thread.

Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
Coming from debloated stock with over clocked kernel. I like this ROM. Very clean. No major bugs so far. Just greenish tint and SMS will not send images. WiFi seems laggy at times. Not sure if its my new router or not. Battery life isn't as great as my stock set up either. Auto brightness doest work. Fix the green tint and SMS and I'm sold! Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
@whoshotjr2006 I have another issue that occurs on all custom roms and the custom stock kernel. Trying to enable swap causes a hard reboot and I'm not sure why. Swap does work on the stock rom with the stock kernel. I was running a Linux chroot using stock and I wanted to use a chroot again but from what I understand I need swap because there isn't enough memory. Do you have an idea why swap works fine with stock but not with any of the custom stuff?

Upvote 0
Just flashed. I well check in over the next few days. Right out the gate, I can say that lte is still not working, even though I have full bars.

(Edited to remove self idiocy)
(Further edit to avoid double post)

Someone said they were having audio issues, weird sounds and such? I can confirm this, not sure how often, but I will check back in a few days. I use my phone as a source of music for pretty much my entire 40 hour work week

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@whoshotjr2006 I have another issue that occurs on all custom roms and the custom stock kernel. Trying to enable swap causes a hard reboot and I'm not sure why. Swap does work on the stock rom with the stock kernel. I was running a Linux chroot using stock and I wanted to use a chroot again but from what I understand I need swap because there isn't enough memory. Do you have an idea why swap works fine with stock but not with any of the custom stuff?

I have no clue. I don't use swap. I'd imagine its something in the ramdisk.

Just flashed. I well check in over the next few days. Right out the gate, I can say that lte is still not working, even though I have full bars.

(Edited to remove self idiocy)
(Further edit to avoid double post)

Someone said they were having audio issues, weird sounds and such? I can confirm this, not sure how often, but I will check back in a few days. I use my phone as a source of music for pretty much my entire 40 hour work week

Logcat. I can't see the problem without it. Also which carrier, boost is confirmed by me with working LTE.

Upvote 0
Here you go! (If this works..)

Audio issues in a logcat. I hope this helps, @whoshotjr, and thank you for the work you've done! This audio thing is the only issue I'm having with this ROM, otherwise it's excellent! Best yet for this phone

Looking at your logcat, google and kernel configs it seems its interactive governer set as default that is causing the little audio lags here and there. im gonna switch to ondemand as default for now and that should fix the issue.

just confirm with me here, does the issue seem worse with the screen off? thats what it was for me, every few seconds there would be an audio lag. i changed the governor to performance and now im not having any little skips, and quite a few threads on the cyanogenmod forums are saying a switch to ondemand fixed it.

edit: also im switching to full open source audio, all the audio libs are being built from qcom sources now like bad_mofo's cm12.

Upvote 0
Looking at your logcat, google and kernel configs it seems its interactive governer set as default that is causing the little audio lags here and there. im gonna switch to ondemand as default for now and that should fix the issue.

just confirm with me here, does the issue seem worse with the screen off? thats what it was for me, every few seconds there would be an audio lag. i changed the governor to performance and now im not having any little skips, and quite a few threads on the cyanogenmod forums are saying a switch to ondemand fixed it.
Honestly I'm not sure. I daydream active while charging at work, so the screen is usually on while playing music

Upvote 0
Honestly I'm not sure. I daydream active while charging at work, so the screen is usually on while playing music

that still makes sense though, interactive is kind of like a less in depth version of intellidemand, intelliactive, etc where it depends on user input to the touchscreen to know when to boost frequency to provide more oomph when needed. so if its sitting idle with no input from you, then its running at a low cpu frequency and more likely to chop and skip music while playing.

im rebuilding the kernel now and will do some testing and will eventually release the next version of this and will need your input to see if its fixed.

Reactions: CrimsonToker
Upvote 0
I don't understand what you're talking about, tbh. This is one part of android I've not yet learned. But help I can provide! Now that I know how to logcat I'm happy to test out the next release!

Basically the CPU governor being used as default is causing the stuttering and I'm working on updating the governors and the kernel itself to fix the issue. Getting some build errors that I need to iron out but updates will come sometime I'm the near future.

Upvote 0
I did some tests on this rom and I found swap worked when I used a physical partition as opposed to a swap file. I was able to run a few apps, music, and a linux chroot at one time with little to no lag. This may have been mentioned before, sorry, but are you going to add an overclock to any of the cyanogenmod roms?

EDIT: it also appears zram is still enabled on this caf rom. Are you planning to keep that or remove that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did some tests on this rom and I found swap worked when I used a physical partition as opposed to a swap file. I was able to run a few apps, music, and a linux chroot at one time with little to no lag. This may have been mentioned before, sorry, but are you going to add an overclock to any of the cyanogenmod roms?

EDIT: it also appears zram is still enabled on this caf rom. Are you planning to keep that or remove that?

I might add oc, not sure yet at this point. Im more focused on ironing out the rest of the bugs for the moment. Oc is a frill that can come later once the dust settles here. Also i didnt even notice zram was enabled, good catch. As long as its not hurting anything ill leave it be for now.

There may be delays in getting updates out, i had a ram stick and a hard drive go bad in my build machine. I have it back up and building but its froze up on me a few times already. I know one thing for sure, ill never ever buy a Toshiba laptop ever again, ive never had more problems with a computer than this.

Also, new build up in the first post. I need you guys with audio stuttering issues to test it out and tell me if its better, worse, breaks anything else, etc.

Upvote 0
Just finished installing and restoring everything. Happy to say I've only had one problem, and it's minor.

My VM notifications are coming in as a text from 9016. Why can't sprint use a proper MWI notification system.... Sigh.

I'll update with any issues, and am willing to test/provide logcat as needed. Thanks for your work! View attachment 88777 View attachment 88777

Attachments

• tmp_16269-Screenshot_2015-06-06-22-22-472054114392.png
    tmp_16269-Screenshot_2015-06-06-22-22-472054114392.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 62
  • tmp_16269-Screenshot_2015-06-06-22-20-58-1410127167.png
    tmp_16269-Screenshot_2015-06-06-22-20-58-1410127167.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
I'm still having some audio issues though not as severe or frequent. It happens mostly when I set my music to background and do something else. Instead of just the electronic grinding noises like before (still occur, infrequent) now it more often fades in and out, but just barely noticeable.

Attachments

• cm11audio060615.txt
    953.7 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
I'm still having some audio issues though not as severe or frequent. It happens mostly when I set my music to background and do something else. Instead of just the electronic grinding noises like before (still occur, infrequent) now it more often fades in and out, but just barely noticeable.

When I installed, the default governor was set as Interactive still. I went ahead and set it to on demand with the built in CyanogenMod settings. No audio issues so far for me, but I am a pretty light music user.

Reactions: CrimsonToker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones