• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Stable Build 2 (tom1957's camcorder/hq youtube/green tint)

When I installed, the default governor was set as Interactive still. I went ahead and set it to on demand with the built in CyanogenMod settings. No audio issues so far for me, but I am a pretty light music user.
I went ahead and did the same, I will see if that makes a difference

EDIT: nope

Last edited:
It's been really hard for me to find any kit Kat gapps still, and the only one I've been able to successfully flash in months is the full modular. I have the file, I can email it to you if you want. Pm me

@whoshotjr2006 I've been using this newest upload for a bit now and I didn't have the audio stuttering bug at first, I've been using spotify more lately and it ended up doing it tonight. Everything else except hd video is working here on my Boost Volt. I took a logcat of the stuttering, I hope it helps and let me know if you want me to try and replicate anything and I'll take more logs. Keep up the good work man!

Attachments

@whoshotjr2006 I've been using this newest upload for a bit now and I didn't have the audio stuttering bug at first, I've been using spotify more lately and it ended up doing it tonight. Everything else except hd video is working here on my Boost Volt. I took a logcat of the stuttering, I hope it helps and let me know if you want me to try and replicate anything and I'll take more logs. Keep up the good work man!

Go ahead and try it now, I looked over your logcat and hopefully some of the things i added to the rom should alleviate the problems.

Also,

New build uploaded. This one brings DT2W (double tap to wake), and all the other kernel goodies from Bad_MOFO_33's CM12.1 rom such as processor overclock and fast charge. Check it out and lemme know about any problems. Huge thanks to Bad_MOFO_33 for both his kernel and being awesome.

Go ahead and try it now, I looked over your logcat and hopefully some of the things i added to the rom should alleviate the problems.

Also,

New build uploaded. This one brings DT2W (double tap to wake), and all the other kernel goodies from Bad_MOFO_33's CM12.1 rom such as processor overclock and fast charge. Check it out and lemme know about any problems. Huge thanks to Bad_MOFO_33 for both his kernel and being awesome.
@whoshotjr2006 stellar job man! I will flash the update tonight and check back. Thanks for all the hard work :)

@whoshotjr2006 I dirty flashed the rom along with the 4.4 gapps again and i can confirm that knock to wake, fast charge and the overclock options all work. The stuttering on audio hasnt appeared, i checked out youtube for the hd issue and took a logcat for that as well as a new one for when music is playing if that helps. I used device control from the market to enable fast charge and knock to wake. Good work @whoshotjr2006 and @Bad_MOFO_33 and everyone working on these roms :)

Attachments

Have you thought of going official with cyanogenmod so your stuff would be hosted there?

If I would have got all this done a lot sooner I would have. Cm11 is down to weekly official builds now so it's less and less enticing to throw all my work there.

Bad_MOFO_33 has a much better outlook for official builds and stuff since he is building current stuff. I'm only building KitKat roms because its what I prefer and would like to have stable.

@whoshotjr2006 I don't know if this helps since i didn't happen to have a device to sync up to but I turned on NFC and took a logcat of that process, Later tonight I'll have another phone i can try with. Here is the logcat, hope it's ok to post this way.

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/dalvikvm(13883): Enabling JNI app bug workarounds for target SDK version 11...
D/ActivityThread(13883): handleBindApplication:eek:rg.jtb.alogcat
D/ActivityThread(13883): setTargetHeapUtilization:0.75
D/ActivityThread(13883): setTargetHeapMinFree:2097152
I/dalvikvm(13883): DexOpt: illegal method access (call Landroid/content/res/TypedArray;.<init> (Landroid/content/res/Resources;[I[II)V from Landroid/content/res/XResources$XTypedArray;)
I/dalvikvm(13883): Could not find method android.content.res.TypedArray.<init>, referenced from method android.content.res.XResources$XTypedArray.<init>
W/dalvikvm(13883): VFY: unable to resolve direct method 82: Landroid/content/res/TypedArray;.<init> (Landroid/content/res/Resources;[I[II)V
D/dalvikvm(13883): VFY: replacing opcode 0x70 at 0x0002
I/Timeline(13883): Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@42265188 time:2916079
I/Timeline(13883): Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@42265188 time:2973173

@whoshotjr2006 I don't know if this helps since i didn't happen to have a device to sync up to but I turned on NFC and took a logcat of that process, Later tonight I'll have another phone i can try with. Here is the logcat, hope it's ok to post this way.

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/dalvikvm(13883): Enabling JNI app bug workarounds for target SDK version 11...
D/ActivityThread(13883): handleBindApplication:eek:rg.jtb.alogcat
D/ActivityThread(13883): setTargetHeapUtilization:0.75
D/ActivityThread(13883): setTargetHeapMinFree:2097152
I/dalvikvm(13883): DexOpt: illegal method access (call Landroid/content/res/TypedArray;.<init> (Landroid/content/res/Resources;[I[II)V from Landroid/content/res/XResources$XTypedArray;)
I/dalvikvm(13883): Could not find method android.content.res.TypedArray.<init>, referenced from method android.content.res.XResources$XTypedArray.<init>
W/dalvikvm(13883): VFY: unable to resolve direct method 82: Landroid/content/res/TypedArray;.<init> (Landroid/content/res/Resources;[I[II)V
D/dalvikvm(13883): VFY: replacing opcode 0x70 at 0x0002
I/Timeline(13883): Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@42265188 time:2916079
I/Timeline(13883): Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@42265188 time:2973173

Thanks for this. I appreciate your time and submission here. The only thing is it didnt capture any of the nfc related stuff, it looks like it captured when you first turned the device on.

I usually do it this way. Open your command line or terminal, and enter the following:

adb logcat > log.txt

That will save a logcat of everything. Let it run until you toggle nfc (or whatever your looking for in logcat) and as soon as you finish doing what your capturing hit ctrl+c to stop capture. That way you can open the file and what your looking for will be at the very bottom of the logcat.

Thanks for this. I appreciate your time and submission here. The only thing is it didnt capture any of the nfc related stuff, it looks like it captured when you first turned the device on.

I usually do it this way. Open your command line or terminal, and enter the following:

adb logcat > log.txt

That will save a logcat of everything. Let it run until you toggle nfc (or whatever your looking for in logcat) and as soon as you finish doing what your capturing hit ctrl+c to stop capture. That way you can open the file and what your looking for will be at the very bottom of the logcat.
Ok awesome, now i have a better idea. I'll try again in a few

I was wondering if you could enable or have Bad_MOFO_33 enable both the tun module and binfmt_misc. One for the purpose of tunnelling with programs like ssh and iodine (dns tunnelling) and the other for the purpose of using the Google Play app "Linux Deploy" in 32bit mode (it funnels 32 bit linux apps through qemu using the binfmt_misc trick).

This might help a few people: I know that native HD playback isn't working but an Xposed module called awesome pop up video does up to 1080p and uses half the normal cpu resources that flash would inside chrome or the youtube app. Add it to Xposed and try it http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.datanasov.popupvideo it works with almost all apps too. Just select the video you want to watch and allow the mod to load the video in full HD glory. It's working for me for now :D

I've had issues with videos in browser, basically anything other than YouTube, on a few ROMs. I will check this out and see if it helps. Thanks!

I love this ROM with a passion. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but when I try to make a call with the TextNow app, they can hear me but I can't hear anything, not even the dial tone. If there's a fix for these please do not hesitate. And if this question has been asked a billion times before I am sorry... I'm new! Haha. Thanks. Keep up the awesome work.

I have no lte and dont care. Neither apn fixes worked. What should I do about moving apps to sd card. Titanium wont do it in batch. Stock rom could do it in setting:apps. Other than that love it 100%

I'm getting sick of stock and I'm thinking of flashing this rom. Battery life is important to me, so how does this compare to stock? What kernel are you guys having the best results with?

Dang it, I got the green tint camera, I've got the Virgin Mobile Volt LS-740. Oh well. Clean flashed latest cm-11-20150613-UNOFFICIAL-x5 and pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20141214-signed. Such is life.

Is anbody still having a problem with the camera?

It works, I just can't get it to save pictures to the SD Card. It just gives a grey image that is gone as sson as i reboot. I can however save to the internal storage.

Is anbody still having a problem with the camera?

It works, I just can't get it to save pictures to the SD Card. It just gives a grey image that is gone as sson as i reboot. I can however save to the internal storage.

The widely accepted solution for some camera issues is to use a alternative app, as mentioned before use Camu. Works great for me, even allows for video recording, link below. If you use the lockscreen camera shortcut Cyanogenmod 11 should let you change which app it opens, I only tested this with Camu

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sumoing.camu&hl=en

Last edited:
Just installed this last night and finally getting a chance to play with it. So far most of it's working great! Much zippier than stock and more stable for me than cm12 was. Only a couple things I haven't seen people talking about:

3G works, I don't have LTE at my house so I can't test that until tonight. Carrier is wrong, though - it's coming up as Boost Mobile but I have a Sprint prepaid. Does it matter at all? Numbers are all correct in APN. Changing alpha string in build.prop has no effect.

I am having trouble with almost all video playback apps. I saw that HD video playback is not working yet but wanted to check if that's what I'm seeing here, or if this is some separate problem. Netflix can't even connect. Error -9, Cannot contact Netflix servers. HBO Go logs in, but returns to menu if I try to watch anything.

Other than that it looks great so far! Thanks to whoshotjr2006 and anyone else working on this rom!

I want to flash this but damn I don't want to break lte again. Has anyone here flashed over the stock zv5 and kept lte in tact?

Back
Top Bottom