Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ok here we go:So let me get this straight. I have never touched a android phone before and I should automaticlly know that I can drag the top bar down when having issues with usb connectivity?
under notifications it doesnt list anything.
A friend of mine just bought the fascinate and when he attempted to plug his phone into his pc at work it never prompted him to mount his phone in any way. It is charging his phone but he can't see it as a drive in the pc or anything.
Have your friend read post #5 above. It wont automatically prompt you to Mount merely by plugging the phone in.A friend of mine just bought the fascinate and when he attempted to plug his phone into his pc at work it never prompted him to mount his phone in any way. It is charging his phone but he can't see it as a drive in the pc or anything.
Have your friend read post #5 above. It wont automatically prompt you to Mount merely by plugging the phone in.
Actually we read that post prior to me commenting above. When he plugs the phone in it gives NO indication at all that the phone is connected via USB. Neither icon (usb nor red triangle) appear in the notification bar, but it does begin to charge. So when you drag the window down there is no USB connect message at all to tap on.
We just now tried his phone on my work pc and it works fine. As soon as I plugged it in it downloaded drivers onto the PC and the USB symbol showed up on the notification bar. The red triangle however did not. Upon dragging the window down, the only option was the USB connect option, no option for USB debugging. That isn't that big of a deal as I have no knowledge of debugging and don't know where it would apply.
I'm guessing the issue here is that it is his PC and not the phone. Probably a case of drivers I assume?
AH HA!!!!! We figured it out. He just informed me that the cable he was using was NOT the one for his phone. It was for an older LG Dare. Even though it was a USB cable it was power only apparently. We tried it on his pc with my cable and VIOLA! Thanks for the help. I guess it makes a difference when you have all the info.
Nicely done and yeah it helps to have the proper cable. I've never encountered a usb cable that was power only