• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Overclocking apps and the Nexus

Would it be recommended to use a custom kernel with clock settings over stock kernel and ROM with just a cpu OC app (wondering about stability and whatnot on stock)? Or does it not really matter?

Roms usually include a custom kernel built in, I don't know if any actually use the stock kernel. I am also unaware if you can OC the stock kernel, on most phone I don't think you can.

Upvote 0
Do you know what the battery saving mode did?

Sorry, been tied up and haven't gotten back to this thread until today. The main thing that it did is it took the automatic configuration and the battery saving mode was the lowest mhz and lowest vsel that it could operate at stable. I know SetCPU does this as well, but with quickclock you ran the auto configuration and then it gave you different profiles (which you could still edit), just seemed a little more simple to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones