• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the other carriers offering an enterprise version? This is probably a key reason for the effort to lock down this version.

As far as custom roms, they will need some of Wiz in order to get the home button function.

To heck with custom roms if they mean a fixed navigation bar.

Besides, I do not see the performance or feature issues that compelled me to use custom roms. For me, the value add is not there, nor is my OCD proclivity based on custom roms for phones.

Nope, mine is gaming :) Especially old school and arcade.

Reactions: Skeeter125
Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses to my problem - just got the email shipping notification and tracked my package! Should be here Monday.

5z4hs.jpg

I had to call Fedex to make sure they leave it at our resident services building. I've had carriers take my package with them b/c they can't find it and it becomes a terrible cycle...

I'm really surprised they gave me 1 day shipping..I suspect it was because I called b/c when I ordered, it just said free shipping. I guess it really is just sorta random..

Upvote 0
Awesome, it worked. Had to add 4 zero's, but it ended up working!
ETA: July 9th, 4:30 PM ;)

Edit: Also, have overnight shipping.

The question is, did you actually recover a tracking number or are just going by the reference number? I'm in a similar boat in that my order was suppose to ship out yesterday and arrive by Monday, but on Verizon Status page it's telling me expected SHIP date is 7/10...

Upvote 0
Rooting does not equal flashing ROMs. xda has stuff about roots which is not affected by a locked bootloader as far as I know. A locked bootloader will check for Samsung installed system like touch wiz and will brick the phone if it is not found. So for people like me that were going to flash a touch wiz free jelly bean as soon as it came out will be extremely difficult to do now. Developers will still work on it, but it will most likely brick many devices and be buggy. Some one correct me if I am wrong, but that's my understanding of it.

And people are not blowing this out of water because Verizion's S3 is the only one in the world with a locked bootloader for no reason. From what I have heard Verizion asked Samsung to lock the bootloader on their phones.

EDIT: Here's a petition against what verizon is doing.
Verizon Bootloader Petition For The Samsung Galaxy S3 [Sign here] - xda-developers
Maybe you didn't read my comment but I never said rooting and flashing roms was the same thing..... And yes they are blowing it out of proportion the average consumer who is the majority not those of us on here do not care.

Upvote 0
The question is, did you actually recover a tracking number or are just going by the reference number? I'm in a similar boat in that my order was suppose to ship out yesterday and arrive by Monday, but on Verizon Status page it's telling me expected SHIP date is 7/10...

Used the method Doit2it suggested and got my reference number. Then went to the FedEx tracking page and got my tracking number by entering in my reference number. My verizon status page also says ship date is 7/10. I'm 100% sure thats a placeholder date though because people who preordered this month have already had theirs shipped out. I'm betting mine shipped out yesterday or today and they just havent bothered to update the shipping information.

Upvote 0
Are the other carriers offering an enterprise version? This is probably a key reason for the effort to lock down this version.

As far as custom roms, they will need some if Wiz in order to get the home button function.

To heck with custom roms if they mean a fixed navigation bar.

Besides, I do not see the performance or feature issues that compelled me to use custom roms. For me, the value add is not there, nor is my OCD proclivity based on custom roms for phones.

Nope, mine is gaming :) Especially old school and arcade.

Same here. This is the first phone I don't feel the need to hack and flash roms which wasn't the case with my nexus and maxx because overall the others just were lacking. Maybe it's just me but the sgs3 IMO isn't lacking and I can wait for jb

Upvote 0
Used the method Doit2it suggested and got my reference number. Then went to the FedEx tracking page and got my tracking number by entering in my reference number. My verizon status page also says ship date is 7/10. I'm 100% sure thats a placeholder date though because people who preordered this month have already had theirs shipped out. I'm betting mine shipped out yesterday or today and they just havent bothered to update the shipping information.

Thanks for the info. Yes I just realized the page does include a tracking number, it seems however that Verizon hasn't bothered providing FedEx with the package...VZW fails again.

Note: I ordered on 6/20 :(

Edit: Called into Verizon just to see if they could clarify the discrepancy regarding shipping, and I was told that according to her system my order DID ship yesterday and should arrive by Monday. She claimed that under some occasions, tracking info won't be readily available, particularly if an item ships late Friday.

Here's to hoping she was right...

Upvote 0
I ordered my phone on 6/22 and have an "Expected Ship Date of 7/11" I have not received any notification for shipping nor has my CC been charged yet. I see that it is generally a crap shoot on when your phone is being shipped since people who ordered on 6/27 have gotten their shipping notification.

So my simple question is has anyone who ordered on 6/22 gotten any notifications yet?

Upvote 0
My verizon status page also says ship date is 7/10. I'm 100% sure thats a placeholder date though because people who preordered this month have already had theirs shipped out. I'm betting mine shipped out yesterday or today and they just havent bothered to update the shipping information.

Yes those dates don't seem to mean anything at all. They will change between 7/10 and 7/11 depending on where you are at in the process. You can really just ignore those.

Upvote 0
I'm very jealous of all you guys who are getting shipping notifications.

I checked my pre-order again this morning, and I was greeted with this bs:

Here is the status of your Pre-order:
There is an error in your order. Please refer to the email sent for more information. Expected Ship Date: 07/11/2012​

So I called Verizon and the rep tells me that the phone is out of stock, and that is the problem with my order. (I ordered the white 32GB on 6/26). And I never received an email to see what "the email sent" said about this.

I can't cancel and buy in store because I'm trying to grandfather my unlimited data plan. What should I do? I guess just wait then?

UGH.

Upvote 0
I ordered blue 32GB model on June 14 using online upgrade website. Original order confirmation email says "ship by 7/10" but as of today, Saturday, neither my credit card has been charged nor has my check order status been updated from original message. I would say that some of you are very lucky to get yours early, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to who gets joy. I am in CA BTW.

Upvote 0

There is an error in your order. Please refer to the email sent for more information. Expected Ship Date: 07/11/2012​

So I called Verizon and the rep tells me that the phone is out of stock, and that is the problem with my order. (I ordered the white 32GB on 6/26). And I never received an email to see what "the email sent" said about this.

I can't cancel and buy in store because I'm trying to grandfather my unlimited data plan. What should I do? I guess just wait then?

UGH.

Check your spam folder(s) just to ensure you didn't miss the message, and if you can confirm this I'd speak with customer service regarding the inconvenience and imply that they credit your account (to some degree).

Did they give you ANY ETA on when the item will be available again for shipping?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that dmanindfw and Doit2it, that worked perfectly for me! My CC is still in pending limbo and no email from VZW yet, but that trick at least let me know that my Sammy is initiated and awaiting pickup! Shame its not here for the W/E but early next week may still allow me to win the race against the Missus!

Thanks DoIt2It.

I checked just now:

Shipment Dates
Anticipated ship date * Jul 6, 2012
Estimated delivery * Jul 9, 2012 by 3:00 PM

Originally ordered 6/16 from California. ship date was 7/10.

I have a feeling it'll still be 7/10 though since FedEx doesn't operate Saturday and my status is Initiated.

OVERNIGHT THOUGH! :D

Upvote 0
I ordered late. ship by date is the 10th... i leave the 12th later in the night for a long weekend. I hope i get it before hand.. gonna be a long boring weekend this will give me something to do

I'm 99% sure if you did not pay extra for overnight express, their default FedEx delivery is 2-day. So if they get it in FedEx's hands on the 10th, it should arrive on the 12th (signature required). We've bought many phones this way from Verizon over the years.

Upvote 0

UGH.

This happened to me and my order was dropped from their system. They said the proof that my order wasn't even really placed was that I also didn't get an email. You should make your way into a store quickly and make sure your order is still valid. They're honoring my unlimited data plan because I still have a copy of the original invoice and contract I signed for the phone but now I have to wait until the 11th before it will ship for me. So I'm just set back a few days. I'm a bit disgruntled at Verizon but if they fix it then I will stay with them for the next two years.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Trent, you forgot to suggest that Zoandroid catches up on some dysfunctional photo posts by some idiot in this forum.

Zoandroid, you can view them as follows:

p.g. 50 - post#2490
p.g. 52 - post#2584
p.g. 53 - post#2616
p.g. 54 - post#2699

Well, I use the max 40 posts per page (wish it was 100 like RC Groups), so had to use a calculator to triangulate on these, but enjoyed them none the less. :) Actually I had seen the last two already. Thanks! :D

Surprised to see 4000 posts already today! I'm still back on (my) page 72, out of 100!
turtle.gif
:slug:
M+AUyO++X6Gp+NE8P0Ls1p0mklSXc55zTZShr78+1pr6Nvry+pnTDpuPEF1BAexajRfCIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Upvote 0
got an email about a half an hour ago saying it had shipped. pre-ordered 6/27, white 16gb. so pumped. should be here monday.

Got mine a short while ago too! :)

I ordered on 6/22, and the e-mail says expected delivery of 7/10, which is a day earlier than Verizon said it would ship by. That makes me very happy.

It's coming from Pennsylvania, and I'm in Jersey, so hopefully I'll get lucky and it will show on Monday. If not, no biggie. I'm just happy to know it's on the way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones