• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you I order the blue because I like the brushed look. Also, white is too much like iPhone and I can see it getting very dirty, even with a case.

I'm really hoping this launches soon. I preordered day 1 so I know my date is the 9th of July, just hoping its earlier. I'm just worried it will be delayed and even if its a day or two, I risk missing it while on vacation and that turns into an even bigger problem/hassle.

This might sound dumb, but how does a white phone get dirty? I mean, it's all either glass or shiny plastic, right? Do you mean scratches which then fill with dirt, etc?

I wonder if Verizon is going to send us an email alert when the phone is being shipped?

I think another sign to look at, which may come before any type of email, is the pre-order charge going onto your debit/credit card. Once that happens, then you know things are rolling.

I think another sign to look at, which may come before any type of email, is the pre-order charge going onto your debit/credit card. Once that happens, then you know things are rolling.

I went into a Verizon (GoWireless) store and paid for my SG3 on the spot. The money came out then. They said, when it is delivered to them they will call me and I will have to go in and they'll activate it then once I've paid the tax minus my $50 New Every Two. I will check out the Pebble Blue and maybe change the color then.

I went into a Verizon (GoWireless) store and paid for my SG3 on the spot. The money came out then. They said, when it is delivered to them they will call me and I will have to go in and they'll activate it then once I've paid the tax minus my $50 New Every Two. I will check out the Pebble Blue and maybe change the color then.

Well see ya its still the same. They can't report that money until they have delivered that phone. Since you payed at the store, you wont be able to track that. Those of us who ordered online will not actually be charged until the phone has been delivered or processed to be delivered.

So once we see that charge on our card, thats how we know they are about to ship it.

i too rented a rezound... and might have kept it if the devs could have gotten S-off within that time. I tell you though, as pissed as I was pre-release ... i was giddy like a little kid marching into VZW that Thursday morning. Now here i am less than 8 months later trying to dump the gnex.... i am a sheep... lol an android sheep... there ... I said it

THE ANDROID SHEEP

droidsheep.jpg

I'd bet money we will have in our hands before the 4th of July. Its the best advertising you can have. People will be hanging put together for parties, festivitities and such. No doubt in my mind at all

Anyone else pre-order this phone over the phone with Verizon? After I ordered it, all I got was a simple text message with a confirmation number that when I type into My Verizon just says my order is still expected to ship on time...doesn't even say the phone. I never received a confirmation email, nothing in My Documents in My Verizon to confirm a new 2yr contract, etc.

How do I know the rep put in the correct phone for me and I am keeping my unlimited data plan if I have no electronic or physical receipt? Is this normal for phone orders through Verizon? thanks

I'd bet money we will have in our hands before the 4th of July. Its the best advertising you can have. People will be hanging put together for parties, festivitities and such. No doubt in my mind at all

Ill take that bet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Anyone else pre-order this phone over the phone with Verizon? After I ordered it, all I got was a simple text message with a confirmation number that when I type into My Verizon just says my order is still expected to ship on time...doesn't even say the phone. I never received a confirmation email, nothing in My Documents in My Verizon to confirm a new 2yr contract, etc.

How do I know the rep put in the correct phone for me and I am keeping my unlimited data plan if I have no electronic or physical receipt? Is this normal for phone orders through Verizon? thanks

I put in my preorder back on the 6th over the phone and got a confirmation email almost right away. It laid out everything, including confirmation of the plan I was on (no changes, so I'm keeping my unlimited data). I never received a text message or anything of that sort though.

I don't know... you may want to call them back to see if they can see any order details for you, and can confirm whether everything is as it should be.

That would be nice. When the first iPhone was released June 29th, 2007 I had my first "in the wild" sighting in a crowd watching fireworks in my hometown. We can only wish, but Verizon will still do what they want to.

I don't know that Verizon requires you to have an email address. I think they asked me for one to which they could sent my confirmation.

Well see ya its still the same. They can't report that money until they have delivered that phone. Since you payed at the store, you wont be able to track that. Those of us who ordered online will not actually be charged until the phone has been delivered or processed to be delivered.

So once we see that charge on our card, thats how we know they are about to ship it.

I ordered it from a Verizon Authorized Reseller (Wireless Zone), paid in full upfront, and literally 10 minutes later I had an e-mail from Verizon thanking me for my order. In the e-mail Pre-Order Confirmation Information, Order Number, and a link to check my order status on the Verizon Website. Easily trackable.

The fact that none of these carriers can even get ONE in store to demo is beyond ridiculous. I would never, ever pay for a phone I couldn't try out first. Its like they all got together and lied about the release date just to get preorders. At least Verizon has been pretty straight up saying July 9th/10th

Ill do a amazon wish list bet for up to 10 bucks to any takers. I bet no one gets one in hand till the 9th at the earliest.

Bad idea, every carrier has been known to get 1 or 2 into peoples hands a day or 2 early on accident. So even IF the official day, Monday the 9th was correct you might lose that bet on Verizon being incompetent.

I'm interested to see when this pre-order will end. I find it really odd that it still says "pre-order" for a phone that is essentially back ordered. And with no official solid release date I kind of think it shouldn't even say "pre-order" anymore.

I'm interested to see when this pre-order will end. I find it really odd that it still says "pre-order" for a phone that is essentially back ordered. And with no official solid release date I kind of think it shouldn't even say "pre-order" anymore.

They will probably Keep it until June 28th

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

This might sound dumb, but how does a white phone get dirty? I mean, it's all either glass or shiny plastic, right? Do you mean scratches which then fill with dirt, etc?

I believe there was a post on phandroid earlier talking about the white One X having blue on it from jean pockets. Also, my Xbox controller is white and it gets dirty as hell! 8-) I'm sure it wouldn't be to that extreme but what do you know that's white that doesn't eventually start showing dirt?

I believe there was a post on phandroid earlier talking about the white One X having blue on it from jean pockets. Also, my Xbox controller is white and it gets dirty as hell! 8-) I'm sure it wouldn't be to that extreme but what do you know that's white that doesn't eventually start showing dirt?
That was only happening because of the material of the One X or the Xbox controller. The S3 is glossy, so it won't get stained like those other devices

I believe the majority of the people will have at least a silicone case on it. I have bought one with my pre-order. So whether the white material of the phone will get dirty or not is really a moot point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom