• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][AOSP]LiQUIDSMOOTH-v1.1-FiNAL Updated 3/12/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats

That guy is This
Well team Liquid is at it again, with another blazing fast feature packed Liquid Smooth ROM! Head on over to Rootzwiki with the link and let me know what anyone thinks after the flash!

Liquid settings are almost fully fledged and back to what everyone is used to!

RootzWiki

MOD EDIT:

We are happy to welcome the Liquid team to our forums. They will be hosting this rom here: http://androidforums.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/518803-aosp-liquidsmooth-v1-1-a.html

I'm respectfully closing this thread and redirecting discussion to their thread. :)

Steven

So Liquid finally decided to show he is either the dev for his team roms or his endorsement has been given :eek: I can only hope there isn't another flamefest involving his roms. From the looks of it this rom is pretty stock right now without many tweaks so I think I will pass until some liquid settings get included...or I might flash it to try it out :o

I believe Liquid settings is included.

What is all this drama that I did not hear about?

I flashed this over the weekend and i didn't see a liquid settings tool. Can't tell if its been updated.

Most of its been cleaned up but if you go read some of the old threads at rootzwiki... mainly the AXI0M and original liquid(the one nocoast started) thread...you should be able to grasp most of what happened

From what I read it doesn't have many options yet.

Most of its been cleaned up but if you go read some of the old threads at rootzwiki... mainly the AXI0M and original liquid(the one nocoast started) thread...you should be able to grasp most of what happened

^that but most of it was moderated out of the threads. Basically another dev acused the liquid team of kanging without giving credit and made a big deal about it and character attacks against certian member's of liquid's team. It seems to me that it is just a conflict of ego when devs from many devices all begin work on a new device tempers fly and things that are commonly done on one device may be different on another (how credit is given out) I don't really want to drive the discussion here into a discussion of that so this is the last I will post about it :D;)

All in all I am glad to see liquid making it onto the Gnex scene and look forward to this rom growing and evolving, my sister is still running liquid on my TB and wherever my OG droid ended up it is most likely running it unless the guy who stole it knows how to flash a rom :p

From what I read it doesn't have many options yet.

All in all I am glad to see liquid making it onto the Gnex scene and look forward to this rom growing and evolving, my sister is still running liquid on my TB and wherever my OG droid ended up it is most likely running it unless the guy who stole it knows how to flash a rom :p

Totally unrelated, but thank you for mentioning your OG Driod getting stolen.

I had forgotten to load "where's my droid" on my GN :)

Yeah, I'll be reflashing this again when the Liquid settings become as robust as AOKP.

Yeah I saw there was an update. I think I'm going to flash it today. I noticed he put do not flash a kernel because of ramdisk tweaks, so I may be trying out a few of the kernels that don't rewrite ramdisk or see about making anykernel formatted kernels again.

Yeah I saw there was an update. I think I'm going to flash it today. I noticed he put do not flash a kernel because of ramdisk tweaks, so I may be trying out a few of the kernels that don't rewrite ramdisk or see about making anykernel formatted kernels again.

Imo 1.8 works great on this rom. There are 2 current issues you should know about. The video recorder does not record yet, but it will play back pre-recorded stuff. The market purchasing does not work. You can get free stuff and purchase from the web for delivery to the phone but it doesn't work from the phone yet. Other than that it's working peachy. I'm sure there will be a fix for both of those shortly.

Imo 1.8 works great on this rom. There are 2 current issues you should know about. The video recorder does not record yet, but it will play back pre-recorded stuff. The market purchasing does not work. You can get free stuff and purchase from the web for delivery to the phone but it doesn't work from the phone yet. Other than that it's working peachy. I'm sure there will be a fix for both of those shortly.

Already flashed. Neither of those issues should affect me. I cant get the notification toggle working tho

Noti toggle? Sorry, what exactly do you mean?

Power widget toggles in the notification bar when pulled down. I have found where they are in settings but haven't been able to figure out how to get them to be visible in the notification bar...

I know, I was just used to the way it looked in other roms and didn't play around with it ;) so far I like this rom, it reminds me of what I remember liquid being (quick and small)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom