• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VillainROM 10

How does it compare to the version paul released over on modaco? (The one that's essentially stock).

How does it compare to the version paul released over on modaco? (The one that's essentially stock).
I haven't tried that as it doesn't support apps2sd - Paul has said MoDaCo 4.0 will do, but as this still hasn't arrived yet I thought I would give Villain 10.0 a go in the meantime - however it will now take some significant enhacements for me to part from this ROM now!

I haven't tried that as it doesn't support apps2sd - Paul has said MoDaCo 4.0 will do, but as this still hasn't arrived yet I thought I would give Villain 10.0 a go in the meantime - however it will now take some significant enhacements for me to part from this ROM now!

Agreed, I am very happy with this ROM, I have not tried the Modaco ROM, but unless there is something in their next releases that villain does not have, Im not re flashing.

I'm ready to donate to villain, they have put some great work in over the last few months.

how does the ota works? does it update right after your first boot? i've never rooted before and the facebook and keyboard issues are kinda putting me off

There is an installed app with this rom, you open up the updater, hit search and it gives you a list of avail updates, it then downloads them and installs, very easy.

The keyboard thing isnt a big issue, I reflashed my phone, did the OTA for facebook and its fine now..

Thanks! also, must i update my radio after installing the rom? is it a seperate thing that i have to do? basically nand backup>install new rom then another nand backup>install new radio?

I'm not sure if nand backups include the radio or not, but it can't help to do one anyway :)

Updating the radio is probably a good idea (unless you're on orange UK), but the usual warning applies: don't remove the battery whilst flashing the radio.

Im using the JU radio and its fine, but as son as there is a stable updated radio for Orange I will flash it, hoping to improve battery life, some people say that the EU radio is better on battery life... its all experience really.

ok i've got villian10 installed and very impressed by it :D btw, how do you put apps into the sd card once u installed it frm market?

cool.. i cant find it in market tho.. and i keep getting this annoying error notification about my youtube account even though when i open the app, its already signed in

To clear things up, to set up apps2sd you just have to flash another .zip like you did with the ROM. Then every app will be sent to the sd card automatically.

The market isn't involved whatsoever.

I'd give you the link but I'm not sure where to find it on the VillainROM forums. I know stickman (the SenseHero dev) hosts it on his site though.

To clear things up, to set up apps2sd you just have to flash another .zip like you did with the ROM. Then every app will be sent to the sd card automatically.

The market isn't involved whatsoever.

I'd give you the link but I'm not sure where to find it on the VillainROM forums. I know stickman (the SenseHero dev) hosts it on his site though.
Not actually correct - this ROM has apps2sd already included - all you have to do is have an EXT2 or 3 partition on your SD card and apps will automatically get moved there.

Not actually correct - this ROM has apps2sd already included - all you have to do is have an EXT2 or 3 partition on your SD card and apps will automatically get moved there.

True. I just assumed he was already running the half and half apps2sd where the dalvik cache isn't moved, sorry. I guess I should've explained that better.

Anyone having to charge the phone at night even without any use at all/hardly any use? I seem to of had this issue in Vrom 6 and its still here in Vrom 10. I wonder if its my actual battery being funny and not the rom.

---

But apart from my battery issues. This is rom is very good!

Tried a Vanilla release and decided i prefer the SenseUI releases for the moment. So i loaded Villain 10. I did a Nandroid backup and titanium backup before i swapped the rom over, along with a factory reset, dalvik cache and EXT wipe (i was originally on SenseHero 2.2). The new rom was great, did a titanium restore and got all my apps back. Set my home screens the way i wanted etc. Then decided i would do another Nandroid backup incase something goes wrong. After rebooting from the backup i kept getting a force close on SenseUI. I tried to restore the backup i had just created but the problem still persists.
Has anyone else had a problem like this? Since i am at my computer all day i am just doing a full wipe again and reflash, however i dont like the idea of this being a continuous problem.
After doing the backup, and restarting the phone, i kept getting a force close on the SenseUI. I tried restoring the backup i had just made and the same thing happened

I'm guessing your force close issue is due to your titanium. Restore. Try just restoring the apps you use without data or system info.

Back
Top Bottom