• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightlies

What does it mean when the MMSC (and Proxy and Port) settings in Handcent are greyed-out? :confused: I still seem to be able to send MMS messages via Handcent with the latest LiquidSmooth--but NOT via Hello (my usual MMS app).

Sorry. I think I fingered it out. You have to change the "Carrier setup" from "Smart" to "Manual". Still not sure why pictures suddenly stopped sending with the Hello app...

[edit] Well, Handscent MMS only worked properly via Wifi. Had to restore an older Dirty Unicorn.

A brand new ROM called BrokenOS came out a few days ago. It's somewhat of a themed ROM but nothing too overwhelming. Has some good features in it. Pretty smooth and stable.

I finally got around to deleting SOKP on the list. It was a good, feature packed ROM. Looks like the devs scrapped the project though. It didn't get too many updates anyways.

And it looks like d2lte is no longer officially maintained by Dirty Unicorns again. There hasn't been an official build in just about a month. I did find a couple recent unofficial 7.9 builds made by Joe Carbone. I included his Google+ page as well. I'm running his 9/5 7.9 build and, so far, it's very smooth. Probably, the smoothest Dirty Unicorns build I've used.

Thanks for keeping up this list. I just got this phone, and this is a great place to learn about new Roms. I'm still using TW ones for now, its my first Sammy phone so playing with the features. I will hate it in a week and go to aosp/cm based Roms I'm sure

Thanks for keeping up this list. I just got this phone, and this is a great place to learn about new Roms. I'm still using TW ones for now, its my first Sammy phone so playing with the features. I will hate it in a week and go to aosp/cm based Roms I'm sure

You're welcome. Others were posting links to ROMs here and there. So, I got the idea to consolidate them. I honestly didn't think I'd find so many ROMs, especially for a phone that's 2 years old. It's really helping me appreciate the GS3.

Just remember, if you have a GS3 that has Android 4.3 or 4.4.2 preinstalled on it, do NOT flash the modem. It's only for phones that had Android 4.1.2 preinstalled...like mine. Other than that, you'll be good to go.

You're welcome. Others were posting links to ROMs here and there. So, I got the idea to consolidate them. I honestly didn't think I'd find so many ROMs, especially for a phone that's 2 years old. It's really helping me appreciate the GS3.

Just remember, if you have a GS3 that has Android 4.3 or 4.4.2 preinstalled on it, do NOT flash the modem. It's only for phones that had Android 4.1.2 preinstalled...like mine. Other than that, you'll be good to go.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm ultra paranoid and read everything 10 times before I dig in. I have the NDC modem, the one thing I'm confused about is. What modem is the newest?

A new unofficial Dirty Unicorns build came out today by a developer named Alex Cruz. It's the 9/15 7.9 build in the Unofficial Builds section.

I added new unofficial Liquid Smooth d2lte builds to the list under the Unofficial Builds section. I forgot the name of the developer but it looks like he updates the builds kind of frequently. Fans of the ROM might like them.

Cyanogenmod released Snapshot M10 a couple days ago. For those who don't know, Snapshot builds are supposed to be as stable as they come.

It looks like we will be getting Android L. Rather, d2lte will get Android L. Cyanogenmod announced their plans for upgrading to it but the Galaxy Nexus won't be supported anymore. So, in a way, Cyanogenmod backhandedly said we will be getting Android L. I do not know if the Galaxy S3 will get an official update. But I figured since we're on here, we're always rooted and flashing ROMs. So, it doesn't really matter. I cannot wait for Android L. Been excited since the first day they started talking about it. The Material Design will be a huge upgrade.

Assuming there is no firmware issues involved. We may get theme patches. I can only hope for a fully-supported upgrade. However, by that time, I hope to have a new phone lol

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing a problem I've had with every build (of anything) since early Sept:

No working mobile data.

The last working build I've tried (and have to keep returning to) is an unofficial 0905 Dirty Unicorn. Everything else I've tried, built since 0905 has no working mobile data: Carbon, Nameless, Gummy, LiquidSmooth, Dirty Unicorn...

I always "clean" flash (in my case that means using the "I will be installing a new ROM" feature of the latest PhilZ Touch Recovery.) Last night I did a manual wipe-absolutely-EVERYTHING, then flashed a 0915 unofficial DirtyUnicorn--but the data connection was intermittent, so I restored the DU 0905. (And I've noticed I've only had 3G speeds after restoring. Not sure if that's related to the wipe-everything, then restore nandroid I did.)

I'm somewhat noobish, so I'm not sure what to try. Could it be something upstream, or...? I have a d2spr / SPH-L710 / L710VPAMG2 Galaxy S3 (Virginmobile).

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing a problem I've had with every build (of anything) since early Sept:

No working mobile data.

The last working build I've tried (and have to keep returning to) is an unofficial 0905 Dirty Unicorn. Everything else I've tried, built since 0905 has no working mobile data: Carbon, Nameless, Gummy, LiquidSmooth, Dirty Unicorn...

I always "clean" flash (in my case that means using the "I will be installing a new ROM" feature of the latest PhilZ Touch Recovery.) Last night I did a manual wipe-absolutely-EVERYTHING, then flashed a 0915 unofficial DirtyUnicorn--but the data connection was intermittent, so I restored the DU 0905. (And I've noticed I've only had 3G speeds after restoring. Not sure if that's related to the wipe-everything, then restore nandroid I did.)

I'm somewhat noobish, so I'm not sure what to try. Could it be something upstream, or...? I have a d2spr / SPH-L710 / L710VPAMG2 Galaxy S3 (Virginmobile).

Flash stock. Update profile/PRL. Wipe and flash new rom. I am on LiquidSmooth 9-18 with the same mobile functionality that I've always had.

No working mobile data.

With Dirty Unicorns, I wasn't getting data on any build after 9/5. I've seen that others were having the same problem also. I do have to say, the 9/5 build is the most stable Dirty Unicorns build I've ever used.

If you're having a problem with connecting to data, I'd flash multiple APN fixes until one works. I posted 2 here. The first one is what I always use. I do think there is a problem with newer builds off the ROMs you listed though. I've seen on Google+ that others were having the same problems you are.

I just want to add a note for those who are Dirty Unicorns fans. Joe Carbone has been releasing new unofficial 7.9 builds fairly frequently. So, keep checking his Google+ page. the link is under the Unofficial Builds section. The latest build he has is 9/20. I'll admit, I kind of got lazy and didn't want to post every build in the list. But keep checking Joe Carbone's Google+ page. He's been doing a good job of maintaining d2lte builds.

Decided to do some maintenance with the list. The Team OSE and Merkmod ROMs are no more. I deleted those ROMs from the list. There is a newer CandyKat d2lte build if you want to check it out. Besides that, everything should be good.

I just wanted to jump in here and say thanks for taking the time to put all of these 4.4.4 builds together. You're doing an excellent job with the thread.

I do believe I'm going to give DU a try. It's been a good while since I've ran it.

I just came from the 9/11 build of Liquidsmooth and it's running like a champ. I tried the 9/22 build but had issues immediately after boot. I tried it twice but got the same results. I just wanted to add that in case anyone is looking for a stable build of LS.

Thanks again. :thumbup:

I just wanted to jump in here and say thanks for taking the time to put all of these 4.4.4 builds together. You're doing an excellent job with the thread.

I do believe I'm going to give DU a try. It's been a good while since I've ran it.

I just came from the 9/11 build of Liquidsmooth and it's running like a champ. I tried the 9/22 build but had issues immediately after boot. I tried it twice but got the same results. I just wanted to add that in case anyone is looking for a stable build of LS.

I flashed the 20140921 DU last night and so far so good.

Has anyone got MIUI running on our device yet?I flashed it no matter what I do I can't get data to work.

You're welcome. I saw quite a few links to ROMs scattered here and there in the list and decided to consolidate them. Then, I kept finding more ROMs. Just glad there are this many ROMs for a device that's 2 years old. Hopefully, these will still exist after Android L comes out on November 1.

You're welcome. I saw quite a few links to ROMs scattered here and there in the list and decided to consolidate them. Then, I kept finding more ROMs. Just glad there are this many ROMs for a device that's 2 years old. Hopefully, these will still exist after Android L comes out on November 1.

Yup. Many of the ROMs have switched over to Google+ and can't be found over at XDA any longer. That used to be the "go-to" site.

You've spent a good bit of time locating all of these ROMs. I knew there were quite a few 4.4.4 builds but had no idea there were this many available for d2lte.

The S3 is a popular phone and I have a feeling a good many of them will still be available even after the release of Android L. I know I'll be keeping an eye out to see which ones will be sticking around. :D

Back
Top Bottom