• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightlies

ok, when I'm using AOSP or AOKP Roms, etc. Basically anything but stock Roms, others hear a static noise coming from my side when I talk via apps like, Teamspeak, or Skype. etc etc. Can I confirm that this happens to anyone else???

ok, when I'm using AOSP or AOKP Roms, etc. Basically anything but stock Roms, others hear a static noise coming from my side when I talk via apps like, Teamspeak, or Skype. etc etc. Can I confirm that this happens to anyone else???

I couldn't get Skype to complete any calls at all when I tried it two days ago. I have the 0716 4.4.4 LiquidSmooth on my S3...

Running AICP, I got static using Teamspeak only when I increased the voice volume. Didn't notice any static on Skype just background noise.

I found a new link for Liquid Smooth. They moved it to a different server and it's now up to build 3.2. I know a lot of people are going to be happy about this. The Liquid Smooth ROM d2lte link will now direct you to the new link.

Yep. The builds I've found are on GOO.IM. There's a build from 7/25 & 7/28.

With finding all of the unofficial builds, I'm thinking I should probably make a section in the list for the unofficial builds. Anybody think that'll be a good idea?

Me too. I also found an unofficial AOKP build. I think I'll make the unofficial build section tomorrow. I want to do it also because the 2 Dirty Unicorns builds I've posted are unofficial builds. I'm still waiting on the C-RoM unofficial build just so Bluetooth will be fixed.

I think this is quite exciting because there is still very active development for the Samsung Galaxy S3. And not only for AOSP ROMs, but for TW ROMs also. I actually found an Ubuntu ROM for the GS3. I'm trying to do more research into how to properly flash it. Looks like we might be able to dual boot it.

I added a section for unofficial builds. The unofficial AOKP builds says 'AT&T Only' but they are d2lte builds. I flashed the 7/22 build and it worked just fine. The developer must have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3. I was going to move the Beanstalk and Omni ROMs to the unofficial builds list but there really is no 'official' Beanstalk build and Omni ROM doesn't officially support d2lte. Without GideonX, there would be no d2lte builds for either of those ROMs. So, I decided to leave those 2 ROMs where they are.

I found Paranoid Android Alpha builds. Posted them under the Unofficial Builds section. I'm running the latest Alpha build. You can enable Android L task switcher. It's actually pretty cool. The only problem with it is that you can't clear all recent apps at once. So, you'll have to clear each app individually.

I installed this rom cm 11 nightlies on my virgin mobile SPH-L70 and the service provider changed from virgin mobile to sprint . what do i do

I installed this rom cm 11 nightlies on my virgin mobile SPH-L70 and the service provider changed from virgin mobile to sprint . what do i do

If you used the first APN settings fix I have posted, it has a Sprint PRL. So, it'll say Sprint as your service provider instead of Virgin Mobile. Your phone will still work just fine. If you flash the second APN settings fix, it will say Virgin Mobile. Is your phone working properly?

If you used the first APN settings fix I have posted, it has a Sprint PRL. So, it'll say Sprint as your service provider instead of Virgin Mobile. Your phone will still work just fine. If you flash the second APN settings fix, it will say Virgin Mobile. Is your phone working properly?
it works but the lte doesn't

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this. So, Sprint was bought out by a Japanese company called Softbank a few months ago. With all new acquisitions, there will be restructuring. When I started out with Virgin Mobile, I used to get 4G LTE at home with about half signal. Since the buyout, my service has drastically gotten worse. I only get 3G and barely any service at home. My calls are always breaking up and calls have been getting dropped. I could be wrong but I think it's because of the restructuring due to the buyout. And that could also be why others aren't getting 4G LTE at home. I usually use WiFi anyways at home, but the signal difference is really bothering me. My friend also has a Virgin Mobile GS3 and has noticed his signal getting worse too. Has anybody else noticed this?

I added the link to the Cyanogenmod Snapshot d2lte builds because M9 is coming out soon. The link is located under the Unofficial Builds section, although technically it's not an unofficial build because Cyanogenmod still maintains those builds. I'm looking forward to it. I wonder if they'll add any Android L features.

I'm currently running the latest Paranoid Android Legacy Alpha build. It has the Android L stack recent apps panel incorporated in it. It's actually pretty cool. I like the rolodex look to it. When Android L actually come out, tabs from your browser will be included in the recent apps panel.

For those who are fans of Dirty Unicorns, Michael Barbara just released an Unofficial DU 8/4 build. It's under the Unofficial Builds section of my list.

Cyanogenmod Snapshot M9 d2lte was just released this afternoon. I moved the link to the Snapshot builds to just above the Unofficial Builds section. I'm looking forward to flashing it and checking it out.

For those who don't know about the Cyanogenmod Snapshot builds. CM releases them once a month and are made to be incredibly stable. CM's goal is for Snapshot builds to be used as daily drivers without having the unstability of nightlies, such as overheating, forced closures, forced reboots, etc.

Good news! The drdevs server is back! With that, the Liquid Smooth dev team has gone back to posting their builds to the site. A new build was posted yesterday. The Liquid Smooth ROM d2lte link in my list will now take you back to the drdevs link.

I found another Unofficial Liquid Smooth build. This time it was built by Riccardo Carchedi. The build came out today, 8/7. For the Liquid Smooth fans, enjoy.

For those who are fans of the Dirty Unicorns ROM, like me, there is GREAT news. D2lte is once again an officially maintained device! So, everybody join me in saying: YES!!! An official build was released today, which I think is the first official Dirty Unicorns d2lte build I've had on here. When I came across it, I found Sahil Munawar's unofficial builds.

Starting today, there should be weekly official Dirty Unicorns d2lte builds. It's great news because we don't have to wait in limbo for a developer to come out with new builds, especially if there's a bug in the build.

I added today's Dirty Unicorns OFFICIAL d2lte build to the list. Have fun!

I added a new section to the list: Alpha/Beta Android 4.4.4 Builds. I had found the Paranoid Android Legacy Alpha builds a little while ago. Before they upgrade to a new build number, PA Legacy releases Alpha builds to show of the new features. Technically, they're in the beta phase now with the 4.5 builds. The beta link can be found in the original link to the ROM. They've included the Android L stack recent apps panel. It's pretty cool.

I'm currently running the InspireOS Beta-3 build right now. It's based on PA but with a little iOS features built in to it. It has a permanent center clock. By default, it has lockscreen blur effect. I'm actually not a fan of the blurred lockscreen. And unfortunately, there isn't a built in setting to change it. But if you're running Xposed Frameworks with GravityBox or an equivalent, you can change the lockscreen wallpaper. That's what I did. I think my favorite feature of this ROM is the adaptive statusbar and notification drawer. One thing I don't like about KitKat is that the statusbar is transparent on the home page but turns to black with every app you use. I used the Tinted Status Bar Module to change the color of the statusbar according to the app you're using. The InspireOS ROM goes a step further and changes the color of the notification drawer as well according to the app you're using. And you can change the color on a per app basis as well. The ROM runs incredibly smoothly. No overheating or forced reboots yet. I like how much effort was put into the ROM to make it run as smooth and seamless as possible, even with all the Xposed modules I have running.

MerkMod is also pretty smooth. It's based on the Omni ROM with a little added features. The Schism brings a differently look to ROMs. Instead of the black background with white lettering settings menus, it's a white background with black lettering. Has quite a few features also.

All 3 beta builds are worth checking out. They each bring a unique experience to Android 4.4.4, which iis tough to do with how many ROMs there are. I'm looking forward to see what these ROMs look like when they are beyond the beta phase.

Back
Top Bottom