• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightlies

Added two ROMs I haven't had on any of my lists: OSE and SOKP ROMs. Both are great ROMs with tons of features and customizations. Like AOSB, OSE also uses Sense Task Switcher. I'm currently using SOKP Milestone 3, which was released today. When OSE was an Android 4.4.2 ROM, I couldn't get it to work. But now that it's 4.4.4, I had no problems flashing and running it. SOKP has just as many, or more, features than Dirty Unicorns. I also flashed and used the newest AICP nightly. Bluetooth now works on it, so I deleted the unofficial 6/28 build I had.

I also cleaned up the links a bit. Enjoy.

For those who use Philz Touch Recovery, like I do, I found the updates for Philz Touch d2lte and added it to my OC. It's located under the APN Settings fixes. It contains both the .zip files and .md5 files for each update. I found it while trying to help someone with their recovery issues and decided to add it here. I figured it would be useful.

Added two ROMs I haven't had on any of my lists: OSE and SOKP ROMs. Both are great ROMs with tons of features and customizations. Like AOSB, OSE also uses Sense Task Switcher. I'm currently using SOKP Milestone 3, which was released today. When OSE was an Android 4.4.2 ROM, I couldn't get it to work. But now that it's 4.4.4, I had no problems flashing and running it. SOKP has just as many, or more, features than Dirty Unicorns. I also flashed and used the newest AICP nightly. Bluetooth now works on it, so I deleted the unofficial 6/28 build I had.

I also cleaned up the links a bit. Enjoy.

Is the SOKP ROM buggy or more stable than AOKP????

Is the SOKP ROM buggy or more stable than AOKP????

I'm actually not too familiar with AOKP. But SOKP seems to be less buggy then AICP. I had overheating and lagging issues with AICP. I'm not having any of those issues so far. It's running smoothly, for the most part. This particularly build just came out yesterday. I am impressed with how many features there are. It's on par with AICP, Dirty Unicorns, and C-RoM.

Y
I'm actually not too familiar with AOKP. But SOKP seems to be less buggy then AICP. I had overheating and lagging issues with AICP. I'm not having any of those issues so far. It's running smoothly, for the most part. This particularly build just came out yesterday. I am impressed with how many features there are. It's on par with AICP, Dirty Unicorns, and C-RoM.

I'm impressed with SOKP so far. :) seems better. If only I had the option to disable data when screen is off
EDIT: Derp..... I found it!

Y

I'm impressed with SOKP so far. :) seems better. If only I had the option to disable data when screen is off
EDIT: Derp..... I found it!

Something I've noticed with this ROM is that the graphics seem to be clearer. I could be wrong. But the display seems to stand out. I also like that there are more options in the Quick Settings. I might be sticking with this ROM for a while.

Something I've noticed with this ROM is that the graphics seem to be clearer. I could be wrong. But the display seems to stand out. I also like that there are more options in the Quick Settings. I might be sticking with this ROM for a while.

Same here I was on AOKP 4.4.3 for almost 2 months. But I can't really tell of the graphics are clearer.. Or maybe I never paid attention to it
EDIT: Just rebooted my phone manually for the first time of 2 days. Never noticed how sick the boot animation was :D it's only missing one small unnoticeable feature. Although you control the list view animations, I wish I could control the speed of it.

One thing I liked about AICP that I haven't seen on any other ROM, is the option to open in floating window by swiping the notification to the left.
On other ROM you have to long press and then choose. The AICP way is way much faster and practical

One thing I liked about AICP that I haven't seen on any other ROM, is the option to open in floating window by swiping the notification to the left.
On other ROM you have to long press and then choose. The AICP way is way much faster and practical

I'm not positive--because I haven't used it--but I think LiquidSmooth has this feature...?

Currently using latest Liquidsmooth, just have to say that this ROM is awewome, feature packed:
Slim recents
Black UI
Control media volume
8 slider shortcut
Swipe left to open floating window
Hover
Theme manager
Int.d tweaks
Etc.

Best ROM for me so far

Currently using latest Liquidsmooth, just have to say that this ROM is awewome, feature packed:
Slim recents
Black UI
Control media volume
8 slider shortcut
Swipe left to open floating window
Hover
Theme manager
Int.d tweaks
Etc.

Best ROM for me so far

I decided to give it a try. It has improved a lot since it was 4.4.2. I just didn't like it. But now, has a ton more features and it the transitions seem to be snappier on this ROM. I like it. I'll give it a try for a while.

One bug i found, using any 3rd party camera with the front facing camera just reboots the phone.
(I barely use the ffc, I didnt even found the bug, until I read it on g+)

New LiquidSmooth 3.1 OFFICIAL jul/14 build
Index of /devs/teamliquid/Official/3.1/S3_Unified

So, I just flashed this. Seems to run smoothly. But it seems there is a bug with some 4.4.4 ROMs. When I'm trying to download with from browser or other sources, it fails. I'm getting that quite a bit. It seems that it a bug within 4.4.4. The ROMs I've noticed this with are C-RoM, AICP, SOKP, and Liquid Smooth. Anybody else experiencing this?

So, I just flashed this. Seems to run smoothly. But it seems there is a bug with some 4.4.4 ROMs. When I'm trying to download with from browser or other sources, it fails. I'm getting that quite a bit. It seems that it a bug within 4.4.4. The ROMs I've noticed this with are C-RoM, AICP, SOKP, and Liquid Smooth. Anybody else experiencing this?
I haven't notice any of that... Have you tried clean flash (I wipe everything but the external SD, then format system, then flash ROM)

Are you talking about the default browser???

Are you talking about the default browser???

I think I figured it out right after I posted this. It was a setting inside an Xposed module I was using.

Also with Liquid Smooth, I'm not getting voicemail notifications. I've did some research and it seems to be a bug that's been with Liquid Smooth for a long time.

Hmmmm so still on SOKP and my data usage seems ridiculously high. And I'm like 95% on WiFi. Only time I'm not is when I'm going home from school and back to school. Don't you think VM would've taken me of 4G by now????
3esasatu.jpg

Hmmmm so still on SOKP and my data usage seems ridiculously high. And I'm like 95% on WiFi. Only time I'm not is when I'm going home from school and back to school. Don't you think VM would've taken me of 4G by now????
3esasatu.jpg

Geez, that's screwy. Are you usually rating those apps that much? Do you have the Data Usage thing to monitor Wi-Fi also? And yes, you probably should've been kicked off of 4G. But I've gone over 2.5 gigs before and wasn't slowed down. It's a good thing we have unlimited data.

Geez, that's screwy. Are you usually rating those apps that much? Do you have the Data Usage thing to monitor Wi-Fi also? And yes, you probably should've been kicked off of 4G. But I've gone over 2.5 gigs before and wasn't slowed down. It's a good thing we have unlimited data.

Ab5traktion I have yet to try it. Because I've had so many random reboots on SOKP. And I'm mostly on wifi except for my 20min commute to and from school.

Has anybody tried this out? I'm taking a little break from flashing ROMs.

Back
Top Bottom