• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightlies

That's why I was excited for Dirty Unicorns. It surpassed all other ROMs with features. Right now, it would seem that Gummy has the edge with features. And I really like its Black & Cyan dark theme. C-RoM is rolling out 4.4.3 upgrades, but nothing for d2lte yet. If they are able to keep their features, then that's the ROM for me.

I'm fond of the C-RoM I've been running--but it's been three weeks since the last update. Hope there's a d2lte soon. Might have to give Gummy a try at some point...

I'm fond of the C-RoM I've been running--but it's been three weeks since the last update. Hope there's a d2lte soon. Might have to give Gummy a try at some point...

C-RoM 7.x is the build number for their 4.4.3 ROMs. If you see that under d2lte, then we're golden. That and Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 ROMs are my favorite because of the shear number of features they have and how smooth they are. Unfortunately, Dirty Unicorns was stripped of a lot of its features with the 4.4.3 upgrade. Hopefully, C-RoM won't have the same fate if upgraded to 4.4.3.

That's why I was excited for Dirty Unicorns. It surpassed all other ROMs with features. Right now, it would seem that Gummy has the edge with features. And I really like its Black & Cyan dark theme. C-RoM is rolling out 4.4.3 upgrades, but nothing for d2lte yet. If they are able to keep their features, then that's the ROM for me.

I'm waiting for the next build of PA to add it to this list. It seems that AICP has pulled all of their builds. Friggen weird. AOKP hasn't had anything new since 5/24. I'm going to flash the new build of Lego ROM tomorrow to see if they're at 4.4.3.

This is one thing I wanted to ask. There are a crapload of ROMs I didn't add to the 4.4.2 list either because development has stopped or they lacked enough features to separate them from the rest. I still have the links though. Should I add them to the list or just not worry about it? There are around 15 other ROMs that I've found. Personally, I like options and knowing what's out there. But I would like other opinions.

Well if they don't stand out or appeal to you. You don't have to post them. I'm pretty sure ppl would like features with stability. I mean. That's what we all look forward. Some wasn't too get away from TW. ( I love it but it's slow and can't really do heavy games on it) . makes me wonder if PAC ROM has it's features

Well if they don't stand out or appeal to you. You don't have to post them. I'm pretty sure ppl would like features with stability. I mean. That's what we all look forward. Some wasn't too get away from TW. ( I love it but it's slow and can't really do heavy games on it) . makes me wonder if PAC ROM has it's features

From what I saw, PAC ROM hasn't changed with the 4.4.3 upgrade.

I wanted to get away from TW also. I didn't like it. I ran Apex Launcher for a bit to get the AOSP feel. But you can't get away from the TW lag. That's why I started flashing ROMs. And probably got addicted to it. I didn't post Omni ROM to my 4.4.2 list because I didn't think it stood out. But I posted it here because it was one of the first, if not the first, 4.4.3 ROM. Well, this thread was originally for the Omni ROM.

The ROMs on this list and my 4.4.2 list were basically the only ones I found that still have somewhat of continued development. If I added the other ROMs I've found that were stopped, the list would be more than double the size. And there are just some friggen bizarre ROMs also. Like just bizarre. I've tried to stay away from themed ROMs also, Resurrection Remix being the exception. I figured people want options and want to create their own experience. That's the whole point of flashing and rooting anyways.

From what I saw, PAC ROM hasn't changed with the 4.4.3 upgrade.

I wanted to get away from TW also. I didn't like it. I ran Apex Launcher for a bit to get the AOSP feel. But you can't get away from the TW lag. That's why I started flashing ROMs. And probably got addicted to it. I didn't post Omni ROM to my 4.4.2 list because I didn't think it stood out. But I posted it here because it was one of the first, if not the first, 4.4.3 ROM. Well, this thread was originally for the Omni ROM.

The ROMs on this list and my 4.4.2 list were basically the only ones I found that still have somewhat of continued development. If I added the other ROMs I've found that were stopped, the list would be more than double the size. And there are just some friggen bizarre ROMs also. Like just bizarre. I've tried to stay away from themed ROMs also, Resurrection Remix being the exception. I figured people want options and want to create their own experience. That's the whole point of flashing and rooting anyways.

I believe that LS kept most of it's features (I think) except HALO... Bit there's still not much to it. I don't like themed Roms at all either. If they are. They better come with a themer sucks having to deal with so many colors... And with all this flashing I don't understand how my phone gets pixel burn nor do I know how to fix it... -.-

I believe that LS kept most of it's features (I think) except HALO... Bit there's still not much to it. I don't like themed Roms at all either. If they are. They better come with a themer sucks having to deal with so many colors... And with all this flashing I don't understand how my phone gets pixel burn nor do I know how to fix it... -.-

If you like HALO, try Floatifications. It's an app that emulates HALO. I like it better than HALO though and it's less annoying.

And bummer about the pixel burn. I don't know how, or if, it can be fixed.

If you like HALO, try Floatifications. It's an app that emulates HALO. I like it better than HALO though and it's less annoying.

And bummer about the pixel burn. I don't know how, or if, it can be fixed.

I'll try it .. Halo always got in the way and it was so annoying. Some apps would even crash on it

I'll try it .. Halo always got in the way and it was so annoying. Some apps would even crash on it

Floatifications only pops up when there's a notification. You can set it to when you tap on it, it takes you to the app or does a Halo overlay. If you double tap it, it closes the notification. I like it because there are no dumb swipe actions and doesn't pop up if you tap close to where it is on the screen. And you can fully customize it to. There are different themes you can download for it also.

Paranoid Android entered the 4.4.3 party with it's 6-10 RC1 build. Right now, it's just a straight stock 4.4.3 ROM with no additional features. I'm assuming future beta builds will include the famous PA features.

I think I've reached, or close reaching, the end of the line for 4.4.3 ROMs. AOKP is said to upgrade to 4.4.3 with their next build but haven't had anything new since 5/24. AICP is also supposed to join the party but it seems line the ROM has simply vanished. Beanstalk, or Kitstalk, hasn't had anything new since 5/26. I'm hoping for the C-RoM upgrade for d2lte but nothing yet. This may be it for 4.4.3 ROMs.

As with my 4.4.2 list, I've added the link to Candy Sweetner Pack. I like it because you can somewhat personalize the look of your ROM. You can dirty flash it so you won't have to deal with wiping your data.

I'm all about mods, customizations, personalizations, and features. That's why I rooted my phone. So, I enjoy Candy Sweetner, especially since my lock ring is the Batman symbol.

As with my 4.4.2 list, I've added the link to Candy Sweetner Pack. I like it because you can somewhat personalize the look of your ROM. You can dirty flash it so you won't have to deal with wiping your data.

I'm all about mods, customizations, personalizations, and features. That's why I rooted my phone. So, I enjoy Candy Sweetner, especially since my lock ring is the Batman symbol.

Can't wait to use it! But in my opinion I prefer stock google stuff :) but I will use it

Can't wait to use it! But in my opinion I prefer stock google stuff :) but I will use it

I do too. Stock AOSP is such a much smoother ROM. And ever since Ice Cream Sandwich, I've really liked the appearance of stock ROMs. Android has been so slick ever since. At least Candy Sweetner is minor adjustments and not a completely different UI like TouchWiz.

I do too. Stock AOSP is such a much smoother ROM. And ever since Ice Cream Sandwich, I've really liked the appearance of stock ROMs. Android has been so slick ever since. At least Candy Sweetner is minor adjustments and not a completely different UI like TouchWiz.

True. I like it but I don't think I'll really need it on stock. Stock aosp is amazing and my first aosp ROM was on my T-Mobile Comet. It started of with gingerbread and tried to get ICS but that didn't work. Got it on the evo v and ever since then I've liked flashing.

True. I like it but I don't think I'll really need it on stock. Stock aosp is amazing and my first aosp ROM was on my T-Mobile Comet. It started of with gingerbread and tried to get ICS but that didn't work. Got it on the evo v and ever since then I've liked flashing.

I started flashing ICS on the Motorola Triumph. When I switched to the Evo V, I had to go stock. This is why I'll always root a phone, so I can flash a stock AOSP ROM.

I started flashing ICS on the Motorola Triumph. When I switched to the Evo V, I had to go stock. This is why I'll always root a phone, so I can flash a stock AOSP ROM.

Yea! And I think AOSP gets better and better. I still have my Evo v. But sadly its back on stock sense. It was on 4.4.2 but not much you can do with it

That would be awesome. I'm hoping it will resemble the 4.4.2 build. I was disappointed when Dirty Unicorns was stripped of a lot of features with the upgrade. But I can understand issues with the upgrade. The changes between 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 are mostly under the hood, especially with how secure the OS is.

Hope it's not like that for good :( it would be a complete drag wouldn't it?

Yes!!! Dirty Unicorns is back! All the features, all the options, it's back! Sorry guys, I'm a bit excited about it. It was my favorite 4.4.2 ROM. Although, admittedly, it had a few bugs. I'm just a huge fan of personalizations and customizations. When it was upgraded to 4.4.3, the ROM got a bit neutered. Most of the features were stripped and the settings UI was changed. But everything returned to normal with the 6/12 build. And I'm very glad for that. So, if you want a ROM that very feature laden, choose Dirty Unicorns.

Yes!!! Dirty Unicorns is back! All the features, all the options, it's back! Sorry guys, I'm a bit excited about it. It was my favorite 4.4.2 ROM. Although, admittedly, it had a few bugs. I'm just a huge fan of personalizations and customizations. When it was upgraded to 4.4.3, the ROM got a bit neutered. Most of the features were stripped and the settings UI was changed. But everything returned to normal with the 6/12 build. And I'm very glad for that. So, if you want a ROM that very feature laden, choose Dirty Unicorns.

Finally! It's a miracle! Lol changing Roms ASAP!! Is the UI still revamped our is it the same.

Both AOKP and AICP have upgraded to 4.4.3, which isn't surprising since they are basically the same ROMs. Well, AICP is based on AOKP but with some extra features.

hey idk if this question has already been answered or what? but i happen to have two galaxy s3's, one being my daily driver from VM and one being a t-mobile varient that i happen to have gotten for free. i use the t-mobile one to test roms before using my VM since i need full functionality.

i recently tried to flash the 4.4.3 D-Unicorn rom with all the correct T-Mobile accents available to my knowledge and its now hrd bricked to the max. no life what-so-ever.

but really my question is weather or not everything here can be used for a person coming from 4.3 on VM? im scared to try it on my VM version since my TM version just got destroyed trying it.

do i need the ND8 or NDC bootloader? i think i have the MK5 modem now. i read the description but still need clearification.

hey idk if this question has already been answered or what? but i happen to have two galaxy s3's, one being my daily driver from VM and one being a t-mobile varient that i happen to have gotten for free. i use the t-mobile one to test roms before using my VM since i need full functionality.

i recently tried to flash the 4.4.3 D-Unicorn rom with all the correct T-Mobile accents available to my knowledge and its now hrd bricked to the max. no life what-so-ever.

but really my question is weather or not everything here can be used for a person coming from 4.3 on VM? im scared to try it on my VM version since my TM version just got destroyed trying it.

do i need the ND8 or NDC bootloader? i think i have the MK5 modem now. i read the description but still need clearification.

You don't need ND8, NDC, or MK5 bootloader to make these ROMs work. I have MD7 on my phone and I've used all of these ROMs. I'm currently using Dirty Unicorns 4.4.3.

My phone came with 4.1.2 preinstalled on it. But yes, you can use these ROMs if your phone had 4.3 preinstalled. Just be careful because of Knox. It can muck things up fast. I think your problem might've been flashing the modem, but I don't know. You don't need to flash it if you have MK5 modem. You only really need to flash it if you had 4.1.2 preinstalled on your GS3.

These ROMs are all d2lte ROMs, meaning they work on any version of GS3. At first, ROMs were made for specific versions of GS3 depending on what carrier they were on. Now, ROMs for GS3 are made to work for all versions of GS3 of all carriers. So, the same ROM you downloaded to use on the Virgin Mobile GS3 will work on the T-Mobile GS3 without needing any special treatment. It could've been the special accents you used that caused the phone to brick also.

You shouldn't need to flash the APN settings fix if you flash a d2lte ROM with your T-Mobile phone (I guess that's moot because it is now bricked). That's only necessary for us on Virgin Mobile because even though our phone is the same as the Sprint version, ours uses different modems. Ok, so technically, a d2lte ROM is made to be used on any Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T GS3 phone. But it works with us also. Because of the modem difference with ours and Sprint GS3 phones, we need to flash the APN settings fix to get our data up and running.

Since your phone came with 4.3 and has MK5, you should be able to flash the d2lte ROM, 4.4.3 GAPPS, the APN settings fix and it should be good to go. If you get your T-Mobile GS3 running again, all you'd need to do is flash a d2lte ROM and 4.4.3 GAPPS. I hope this answers some of your questions.

Back
Top Bottom