• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [BETA] [4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Unofficial

Looks interesting.

Also, I haven't uploaded a lte fix. I haven't gotten it to run for more than 35 minutes before cell connectivity drops and goes into a on, off again loop.

That's strange I'm using it works great
Yeah... It was the config files from /system/etc/wifi that did it (more particularly, the 'p2p_disabled=1' option in wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf)

Oh, and does anyone know anything about why HSPA+ doesn't work? (UMTS only works when roaming, probably due to a lack of power collapse)

Last edited:
Oh, another thing, to fix the phone (CPU) power issues, rename all of the /system/etc/init.engdo.* files to init.qcom.* then comment out all of these lines under msm8960:
Code:
/sys/module/rpm_resources/enable_low_power/pxo
/sys/module/rpm_resources/enable_low_power/vdd_mem
/sys/module/pm_8x60/modes/cpu0/power_collapse/suspend_enabled
/sys/module/pm_8x60/modes/cpu1/power_collapse/suspend_enabled
I wish power_collapse worked in suspend, but there might need to be a kernel patch for that.

Last edited:
Oh, another thing, to fix the phone (CPU) power issues, rename all of the /system/etc/init.engdo.* files to init.qcom.* then comment out all lines under msm8960 with :
Code:
cpu0/power_collapse
cpu1/power_collapse
cpu0/standalone_power_collapse
cpu1/standalone_power_collapse
I wish power_collapse worked, but there might need to be a kernel patch for that.

Cool find. I'm going to step back and look at phenomx4's device tree and figure out why after a compile it doesn't boot. He did something and i want to know what it was. Im guessing its just missing files

Edit:. well that was a big fail. no matter what I tried i couldn't get it to compile

Last edited:
I uploaded another. Few bug fixes, I added some missing files, oh and Bluetooth now works. I forgot to add vibration. I'll add that to the next update. :) I also changed it from Alpha to Beta.

Last edited:
I uploaded another. Few bug fixes, I added some missing files, oh and Bluetooth now works. I forgot to add vibration. I'll add that to the next update. :) I also changed it from Alpha to Beta.
Awesome!

I still get random (but infrequent) surfaceflinger hangs, but it's SO much better than before... I think the vibrator and CPU C-states are tied together, as vibration works perfectly without hanging with the fix I posted above.

Awesome!

I still get random (but infrequent) surfaceflinger hangs, but it's SO much better than before... I think the vibrator and CPU C-states are tied together, as vibration works perfectly without hanging with the fix I posted above.

So far it's been smooth with better battery life. You did a good job. :) I haven't tested it with vibration yet. I made a few overlay modifications i'm compiling to test. It should bring it more inline with phenomx4's liquid smooth rom. I'm hoping I can get LTE to work without bugging out.

The camera and torch still not work?
NO. We are working on it. Give us time

Did you test the GPS with the new qcom libs? I just did and it's really finicky. I get a 3D Fix for 0.25 seconds then back to nothing, then 2D, then nothing!

Similar. Basically we just have to figure it out. I've gotten the camera app to appear but it doesn't connect to the hardware.

I have to admit, battery life has been pretty good with the last update. Its about where it should be. Before it was very bad.

Great job with the power_collapse fix daemon32

I have to admit, battery life has been pretty good with the last update. Its about where it should be. Before it was very bad.

Great job with the power_collapse fix daemon32
Thanks! :D

And have you tried the vibrator yet? And if so, how stable is it? If it's fine for you, I might have to redownload everything and rebuild, because I run the latest mainline kernel on my build machine, and it might have corrupted something.

And one more thing... Do you know anything about diag mode? I want to put my GSM P659 on freedompop (sprint) and my phone shows a ECN/MEID when using CDMA firmware.

When I run a build with the vibrator working, it runs great. Occasionally when I hold the power button to turn off or reboot, it keeps vibrating until the phone turns off. It did the same thing in the cm10 rom though.

Hi guys, i'm here to report some bugs, one of them, i can't save new APN's, and when i go to the notifications appears "no service" even with as signal bars full.

Sorry for my english, i'm brazilian.
If you do not understand, i will send somes pics.

Hi guys, i'm here to report some bugs, one of them, i can't save new APN's, and when i go to the notifications appears "no service" even with as signal bars full.

Sorry for my english, i'm brazilian.
If you do not understand, i will send somes pics.

Your english is good. 4g/lte is not working yet. you will need to switch to 3g.
Settings > Mobile Network > Preferred network type > 3g

Back
Top Bottom