• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured that theme was becoming a rom. Seemed like you were trying to resist making a rom, great to see you decided to do it. :D can't wait to see it.

Conquest ROM

AOSP-styled stock ROM for Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy Victory​

Features
  • Based on MG5 stock ROM
  • Deodexed
  • Pre-rooted
  • AOSP-styled signal cluster
  • AOSP-themed dialogs/buttons/icons
  • 8sms pre-installed for AOSP SMS/MMS
  • Google Calendar pre-installed
  • Google Keyboard pre-installed
  • AOSP Launcher from 4.2
  • AOSP Camera/Gallery from 4.3
  • Samsung/Touchwiz specific packages removed (debloated)
  • VaeVictus MG5 kernel

Installation
  • Rebot to recovery
  • Make a backup (you have been warned)
  • (Recommended)Wipe data and system
  • Flash zip file (see second post)
  • Reboot

Screenshots
Coming Soon

Well poop, I was going to ask to use it mod to release the same thing when I got wifi fixed on my kernel. Nice!

bring it
bring it
bring it
BRING IT
BRING IT

I've been reluctant to try Victorious or the couple CM builds, not because I was not confident about them, but rather mainly because the stock ROM has been surprisingly good (ok after freezing literally near 100 apps) and my lazy-ass has been entirely too lazy to improve on a mostly-good thing.

so to have the stock deodexed and with ui improvements, rooted, crap pre-removed, would be kinda really cool. add Jerry's vae victus kernel, or with Stefen's goghvmu kernel, either way, also super-cool.

I think I'm pretty close to that now. Deodexed stock+aosp theme+vaevictus kernal. Just haven't de-bloated yet.

Squashing last minute bugs. Also, DevHost doesn't like the size of my files. Going to upload to Google Drive within the next couple of hours as long as nothing else goes wrong.

Also please let me know if the automatic settings for stock Messaging and 8sms Messaging works. It should auto-fill to (Stock Messaging) Notifications off and (8sms) auto-fill MMSC settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom