• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [RECOVERY] LTE2 Recovery App now with Touch

I saw this recovery before, LTE2 Recovery App now with Touch, but did not try it on my phone.
Looks like some are trying it on the MetroPCS forum and it was working, so I went ahead and placed it on my phone.

Can confirm a backup, have not tried a restore.

MetroPCS Thread with download

This doesn't do a factory reset every time, does it?

Upvote 0
I encountered no factory reset.

Started app. Applied recovery. Rebooted (Enters recovery). Made a backup. rebooted system.

I have also used this to create a backup but have not tried a restore.

Here is an important note in the MetroPCS thread from kenboyles72.

You need to use the app to enter recovery each time. If you try to boot to recovery then the locked bootloader kicks in and you get a full reset.

http://androidforums.com/metropcs-t...-lte2-recovery-app-now-touch.html#post6126605

Upvote 0
2rg2p8h.jpg

I did the restore it says it completed w/o error but when I reboot, an app that I uninstalled after the backup that was stored on the internal memory still isn't there leading me to believe it didn't restore anything...

Upvote 0
2rg2p8h.jpg

I did the restore it says it completed w/o error but when I reboot, an app that I uninstalled after the backup that was stored on the internal memory still isn't there leading me to believe it didn't restore anything...

Well idk about this phone but usually the data partition is where apps are stored too. But the internal storage is different than that. LG is known for completely screwing up the internal, external, and data partitions pretty good. Most likely it's because since the app was installed to the internal memory, it wouldn't have been included in the backup. Backups don't backup the internal sdcard as that would just take up waayyyy too much memory and it would be hard to back up the data on the sdcard while writing that backup to it. You have backups of backups from cwm lol :p

Upvote 0
2rg2p8h.jpg

Your pic shows that it was restoring cache and then it says that the restore completed. Was the cache the only thing that was backed up?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones