• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [ROM]AdvancedStock8 AS7v22 Update - Back to life!

Just did a dirty flash from the previous v7 based advancedstock to AdvancedStock8 AS7v22 . Is it weird that "Application Manager" was installed with this? Also Google Play Movies & TV... Odd.

Also, can I uninstall the Qualcomm location thing or is that necessary for Google Maps, etc?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Application Manager and Google Play Movies and TV came stock when I flashed it too. They are both safe to uninstall with an app like Link2SD. However, the Qualcomm Location thing, you could do a backup of your ROM, freeze it the app, and see what happens, and if you get problems, unfreeze it.

Upvote 0
Just did a dirty flash from the previous v7 based advancedstock to AdvancedStock8 AS7v22 . Is it weird that "Application Manager" was installed with this? Also Google Play Movies & TV... Odd.

Also, can I uninstall the Qualcomm location thing or is that necessary for Google Maps, etc?

To my understanding of LG ROMS that come with the Qualcomm Location app, that app enables low-level GPS/CPU options that are otherwise not accessible to other applications. and Yes, I never removed Google Play Movies & TV and Application Manager. Those can be froze/removed safely.

Reactions: daffyducknj
Upvote 0
My device was rooted through Stump root before i flashed this rom on , now i have no root access on my device and when i open stump root it says i do have root access. How do i solve this , how can i get my device rooted again

EDIT: Nevermind , i grew a brain and looked through this thread and found the answer. thanks

Upvote 0
My device was rooted through Stump root before i flashed this rom on , now i have no root access on my device and when i open stump root it says i do have root access. How do i solve this , how can i get my device rooted again

EDIT: Nevermind , i grew a brain and looked through this thread and found the answer. thanks

I see you figured this out, but in the future for anyone else that is having root issues, this ROM is pre-rooted, so doing a clean, and fresh install will solve the root problem.

Upvote 0
  • Some options in the settings will crash, this is normal as I removed the apk file they relate to.

I haven't installed this ROM. But I have a question since you said some options in the settings will crash with this rom. What I did with my phone was uninstall some bloatware (in titanium backup) and some other stuff according to list and research I found on the internet.

Before I uninstalled a bunch of bloatware I wasn't checking to see if all the options in the settings were working correctly. I could have narrowed it down, if I knew to check it.

Anyways, yesterday, I discovered that the "Language & input" options crashes. And I haven't figured out what I uninstalled to make it crash.

First I thought it was "com.google.android android voice search" no go.
Then "Google text to speech"
Then I thought it was the "Dictionary 3.1.064"

Still no go, even after I restored all 3 of these then rebooted.

My question, would you happen to know which one causes the "Language & input" options to crash? Although I'm assuming if yours doesn't crash in your ROM. You might not be able to help me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Serealnewbie- some report these issues, but I didn't suffer with them. Maybe because I "clean" flashed" this ROM. (That means wiping the Dalvik, Cache, and System partitions BEFORE installing the zip if you aren't familiar.) I run Google Keyboard without a hitch. Uninstalled Hacker. Google keyboard comes with the language packs & four themes. Very smooth! Try a clean flash after backing up your fav apps with Titanium Backup. See if that helps. So far, no FC's in either my or my old man's F3 running the same ROM. Good luck.

Upvote 0
I haven't installed this ROM. But I have a question since you said some options in the settings will crash with this rom. What I did with my phone was uninstall some bloatware (in titanium backup) and some other stuff according to list and research I found on the internet.

Before I uninstalled a bunch of bloatware I wasn't checking to see if all the options in the settings were working correctly. I could have narrowed it down, if I knew to check it.

Anyways, yesterday, I discovered that the "Language & input" options crashes. And I haven't figured out what I uninstalled to make it crash.

First I thought it was "com.google.android android voice search" no go.
Then "Google text to speech"
Then I thought it was the "Dictionary 3.1.064"

Still no go, even after I restored all 3 of these then rebooted.

My question, would you happen to know which one causes the "Language & input" options to crash? Although I'm assuming if yours doesn't crash in your ROM. You might not be able to help me.

try reinstalling "latinIME.apk" and see if that works for you.

Upvote 0
try reinstalling "latinIME.apk" and see if that works for you.

I can't find that one in Titanium Back up. But I checked:
system/app folder
and there is
LatinIME-spellchecker.apk
LatinIME-spellchecker.odex

So is there suppose to be one just named "latinIME.apk"?

I think it's suppose to be Android Keyboard (AOSP) because of the icon, and that's in titanium back up, and it appears I didn't uninstall it.

Here is a list of bloatware that I uninstalled just in case it might help you:

Google Play store 4.1.10
Google Play Magazines 2.0.0
Google+ 4.0.2.
Google Play Music
Google Play Games 1.0.06
Google Play Books 2.8.69
Google Play Movies & TV 2.6.9
Shopper 3.1
MemoWidgetbin 3.2.45
Memo 3.2.121
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Feather 3.0.37
Google Search 2.6.7.arm
Email 5.1.129
Gmail 4.5.2
Google Hangouts 1.1.1
Google Text to speech
Music 3.1.015
Music 3.3.015
VuTalk 3.2.16
Live Wallpaper Picker 2.0.1
Qualcomm Enhanced Location Service
Downloads 4.0
Polaris Viewer 4.4.2
Backup 3.0.19
Face Unlock 4.1.2
Favorite Contacts Widget 3.1.16
Market Feedback Agent 4.1.2
Photo Album 3.2.11
Picasa Uploader 1.1.40000
Street view 1.8.1.2 (18102)
streaming player 1.10.4
Drive 1.2.352.10 (1235210)
Connections Optimizer 1.4.416
Dictionary 3.1.064
LG MLT 2.4.5
Google Backup Transport
Google Calender Sync 4.1.2
Google Contacts Sync 4.12-
Google Secure Element Messaging 1.3.0
Google Bookmarks Sync 4.1.2
Google Partner Setup 4.1.2
Html viewer 4.1.2-LS720V6
Maps 7.0.2
com.google.android.voicesearch 4.0.0
Sprint Installer 2.5.1 (2501)
GNSS Air Test 4.1.2- LS720ZV6
GNSSPosTest 1.0 (1)
LGInstall Service 1.3.13
Widevine Keybox Test 4.1.2-LS720V6

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If your TB system apk backups came from an odex rom, they really won't reinstall into a deodex rom. The LG Supplement Pack can help you here. It runs in recovery thru Aroma, which means it runs an interactive menu that will allow you to install/reinstall only what you choose from the menu. Works perfectly. Try running it after clearing cache & dalvik.I keep it stored on my pc, just in case I tweak something the wrong way and need just that apk restored.

You can also try the Google Keyboard (or any other third party one) and use the checkbox in Settings>Language to choose as a default.

Reactions: sandix
Upvote 0
I can't find that one in Titanium Back up. But I checked:
system/app folder
and there is
LatinIME-spellchecker.apk
LatinIME-spellchecker.odex

So is there suppose to be one just named "latinIME.apk"?

I think it's suppose to be Android Keyboard (AOSP) because of the icon, and that's in titanium back up, and it appears I didn't uninstall it.

Here is a list of bloatware that I uninstalled just in case it might help you:

Google Play store 4.1.10
Google Play Magazines 2.0.0
Google+ 4.0.2.
Google Play Music
Google Play Games 1.0.06
Google Play Books 2.8.69
Google Play Movies & TV 2.6.9
Shopper 3.1
MemoWidgetbin 3.2.45
Memo 3.2.121
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Feather 3.0.37
Google Search 2.6.7.arm
Email 5.1.129
Gmail 4.5.2
Google Hangouts 1.1.1
Google Text to speech
Music 3.1.015
Music 3.3.015
VuTalk 3.2.16
Live Wallpaper Picker 2.0.1
Qualcomm Enhanced Location Service
Downloads 4.0
Polaris Viewer 4.4.2
Backup 3.0.19
Face Unlock 4.1.2
Favorite Contacts Widget 3.1.16
Market Feedback Agent 4.1.2
Photo Album 3.2.11
Picasa Uploader 1.1.40000
Street view 1.8.1.2 (18102)
streaming player 1.10.4
Drive 1.2.352.10 (1235210)
Connections Optimizer 1.4.416
Dictionary 3.1.064
LG MLT 2.4.5
Google Backup Transport
Google Calender Sync 4.1.2
Google Contacts Sync 4.12-
Google Secure Element Messaging 1.3.0
Google Bookmarks Sync 4.1.2
Google Partner Setup 4.1.2
Html viewer 4.1.2-LS720V6
Maps 7.0.2
com.google.android.voicesearch 4.0.0
Sprint Installer 2.5.1 (2501)
GNSS Air Test 4.1.2- LS720ZV6
GNSSPosTest 1.0 (1)
LGInstall Service 1.3.13
Widevine Keybox Test 4.1.2-LS720V6

What options in the settings app crash? I need a specific list. Is it just language and input?
While checking the settings app do the following:
1. Plug phone into the computer
2. open a command prompt and run (adb logcat > logcat.txt) <-requires you to run this as Administrator first!
3. Replicate the crash in the settings app, then unplug the phone.
4. upload logcat.txt and let me see it.

Upvote 0
If your TB system apk backups came from an odex rom, they really won't reinstall into a deodex rom. The LG Supplement Pack can help you here. It runs in recovery thru Aroma, which means it runs an interactive menu that will allow you to install/reinstall only what you choose from the menu. Works perfectly. Try running it after clearing cache & dalvik.I keep it stored on my pc, just in case I tweak something the wrong way and need just that apk restored.

You can also try the Google Keyboard (or any other third party one) and use the checkbox in Settings>Language to choose as a default.

Not sure what you mean by if backups came from an odex rom they won't really install into a deodex rom.

What options in the settings app crash? I need a specific list. Is it just language and input?
While checking the settings app do the following:
1. Plug phone into the computer
2. open a command prompt and run (adb logcat > logcat.txt) <-requires you to run this as Administrator first!
3. Replicate the crash in the settings app, then unplug the phone.
4. upload logcat.txt and let me see it.

Thanks I figured it out, and looked at the logcat.txt
It appears that it was xprivacy doing it. I thought it wasn't before because I uninstalled xprivacy and it still crashed. But apparently only when I disabled it from xposed installer. It now works.

And yes, it was just the "Language & input" feature that was doing it.

I can't figure out what option in xprivacy that I disabled that made it crash.

Update: It was "Binder under IPC" for dictionary, that caused it to crash. I unchecked it. Now it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandix
Upvote 0
Just so everyone knows, this ROM is de-odexed. meaning your normal titanium backups from any OTHER ROM for the phone will NOT work without modification to the backup. this is not a ROM issue, rather the backup itself.

This will happen on ANY ROM for ANY phone/tablet/device.

odex apps (installed when running an odex rom) will not restore onto a de-odex rom.

Reactions: daffyducknj
Upvote 0
hello everybody, i can't download this firmware... when i try to to download it, i have an error (Eror 404)...
can somebody give me another link or mirror?
L6e79N.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones