• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM doesn't list MT on their website.

Well I have somewhat encouraging news... If you guys need a Triumph whenever my FAQ partner has time and finishes up editing this now giant FAQ and I finish tinkering with the Triumph, I can lend you it for free. Just be careful not to brick it. I use the Nexus 4 as my phone, and the Triumph collects dust except for testing and eventual FAQ updates. If it's bricked, so what. But I want to eventually try and dev for this thing if anyone's still using it by the summertime/late spring. So I hope it wouldn't get bricked. We are on a limited supply. At least MTDEV gave a damn, unlike VM or Motorola.

Upvote 0
As much as I liked tinkering with CM and the add-free environment on the MT, I enjoy my stock Nexus 4 even more. It just works really really well and because I use Google Wallet, I'm not tempted to root it either. It's a huge upgrade over the MT. The other huge difference is data speed. I used to get about 300-500 kbps on the MT inside my house, I'm now getting 2.5-3 Mbps inside the house on Straight Talk's AT&T card. Difference is even bigger outside, in the malls, everywhere really. It's also cheaper, as I used to pay $55 on VM and I'm down to $42/mo now (buying 3 month discounted cards).

I don't get it, you see these phone prices?

Prepaid Phones | Pay as You Go Prepaid Cell Phones | T-Mobile

The 30 a month plan sounds perfect to me then I see these prices, the Galaxy SII which I could have gotten from VM direct or Radio Shack for the last month for $280, is $463? (minus a $50 refill offer. Still much higher)

They do offer a broader selection of higher end phones...so I can't make direct comparisons, or can I?

Nexus 4, $508

Galaxy Note II $729

SIII, $600

Doing the math, we're nearly up in full pop contract money, except you're paying more up front.

Upvote 0
I have owned the S2, but sold it. Now using the Victory. The Victory is much more responsive and feels much snappier. The Victory has a 5MP camera as opposed to the S2's 8MP camera and the screen is smaller.
The S2 has a small bug where the phone occasionally will not wake from sleep forcing you to either battery pull or hold the power button.. to be fair, some users say they do not experience this so it may just affect a certain "batch".

This is just my experience with these phones. Individual results may vary ;)

They are both nice phones. CPU and memory wise they are identical and they now both have Jellybean :)

Upvote 0
So I called Virgin Mobile and complained them about the issue of the Triumph and I ask them if is possible to exchange for a different model. They said to me...they can either replace the same exact phone or return my fund? So I didn't ask them how much money they would refund to me? what do you guys think? I have the Triumph over a year and half.

Upvote 0
I have owned the S2, but sold it. Now using the Victory. The Victory is much more responsive and feels much snappier. The Victory has a 5MP camera as opposed to the S2's 8MP camera and the screen is smaller.
The S2 has a small bug where the phone occasionally will not wake from sleep forcing you to either battery pull or hold the power button.. to be fair, some users say they do not experience this so it may just affect a certain "batch".

This is just my experience with these phones. Individual results may vary ;)

They are both nice phones. CPU and memory wise they are identical and they now both have Jellybean :)

Isn't it true that the Victory has a standard LCD display but the S2 has the AMOLED? I had heard the AMOLED was "all that", but you don't say the Victory is worse so... how would you compare the two displays?

And is there an issue where there is not enough internal storage for big apps in either?

Upvote 0
So I called Virgin Mobile and complained them about the issue of the Triumph and I ask them if is possible to exchange for a different model. They said to me...they can either replace the same exact phone or return my fund? So I didn't ask them how much money they would refund to me? what do you guys think? I have the Triumph over a year and half.

If they are offering anything close to a full refund (or full credit toward a new phone) after a year and a half, jump on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones