• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vodafone smart prime 6 mobile phone factory reset

Clark890

Lurker
Jun 1, 2021
Hi Everyone, fool here that needs help :p

Google play services wasn't working properly on my phone so ended up doing a factory rest. I had lots of videos & photos on my sd card so removed it before doing so thinking it would be ok.
So done factory reset but when i inserted the sd card it says 'it needs to be formatted' ....
Have i lost everything on the card?:oops: Also i now think they may have been few pics on phone memory. Is there anyway i can get them back?

Google play services wasn't working properly on my phone so ended up doing a factory rest. I had lots of videos & photos on my sd card so removed it before doing so thinking it would be ok.
So done factory reset but when i inserted the sd card it says 'it needs to be formatted' ....
Have i lost everything on the card?:oops: Also i now think they may have been few pics on phone memory. Is there anyway i can get them back?
how was the card initially formatted? as internal or as portable storage?

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0

Suggest you try connecting the SD-card to a computer. Mac or PC, and see that can mount and read it.

Upvote 0
If your card was formatted as Internal, any data on that card is now lost. It's no longer accessible because when a microSD card is formatted as internal, its file system is altered (to be identical with your phone's internal storage) and its encrypted (also so match up with your phone's internal storage).

When you did that Factory Reset that also wiped the encryption key. That now missing encryption key was what linked your phone's internal storage to the 'Internal' microSD card so at this point any data on that card is no longer accessible. Reformat the card to reuse it again -- the data is essentially lost but you can still keep using the card again once it's been reformatted.
But you really should try to mount the card in a computer first to check it. If it was formatted as Portable instead your data might still be there or at least recoverable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones