• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZD Update available in LG Mobile Support tool

just got the update and i'm having problems with the phone locking up. any suggestions?

EDIT: also having issues with gmail.
 
yep got it...
thanks...
apps that got added are 3 g hotspot, news and weather.
That is all I've noticed so far.
Email is much nicer... went from a black to white background with better notification.
The dialer is different... but my contacts are gone :(
It now tells you how many emails you have from the locked screen desktop.
Ok, just scratching the surface here. All apps seem to work.
Got to love LG and updating!!!!
Also these forums..
Thanks guys
tt1080i-albums-tt-picture2830-ally-versm.gif
 
just got the update and i'm having problems with the phone locking up. any suggestions?

EDIT: also having issues with gmail.

I used astro to restore my apps... that f'ed everything up.
I had to do a factory reset. I intalled all apps from scratch.
No issues at this point

Try the factory reset
 
Make sure your USB Debugging is on. I had the same problem yesterday. Go into applications and click development. check the box for usb debugging.

It is on. I'm still not able to get the phone to be recognized...nor with the correct Mobile USB Driver be properly installed when the phone is plugged in. The computer DOES recognize my phone as I am able to access my sd from my pc so I'm not sure what is going on.
 
I downloaded the Mobile support tool, LG drivers and was able to download the update. During the install my phone froze at 3% and is stuck at a screen that says "Downloading Do not unplug". The tool froze and said to unplug. Now the tool doesn't recognize my phone and says it's unsupported and even after pulling battery, hard reset, etc. I'm stuck on the Downloading..Do not unplug screen. This is on a stock, non-rooted phone. After waitng 45 minutes on hold with LG they said to take it in to Verizon store. I'm not too impressed...
 
Same thing happend to me except I was closer to 20%. I had to conrtol, alt, del the updater restart my computer and start all over. Luckly usb debbugging was on and when I hit power on my phone and the updater took overand connected up while I was stareing at a blank phone screen. It worked out.

Sorry about the grammer really tiredzzzz
 
I think everyone will have issues doing it this way. As we all know, not all Ally's are built the same so there may be reasons unknown that cause these issues. There may be bugs in the LG Updater tool as well. I'm waiting for the Dev's to work out the kinks and am still willing to get my hands dirty to make it work. I love that stuff! :) Rock on Dev's. You guys are great!
 
I'm not impressed at all. My internet is lagging very badly and the only things I liked was the color change in the texting and contact list but other than that my phone is the same slow and bleh.

It just took my about 2-3 minutes to wait for my phone to actually spell out what I was writing. I'm going to be getting a new phone in the next couple weeks I can't stand this anymore. Id rather have a dumbphone than a 'smart'phone that barely does the basic things I ask of it. I really don't do anything crazy just basic web browsing and checking weather and email. I don't even have a ton of apps just euchre and my kindle. I'm over this. 2.2 didn't benefit my phone at all and I'm so bummed.
 
I'm not impressed at all. My internet is lagging very badly and the only things I liked was the color change in the texting and contact list but other than that my phone is the same slow and bleh.

It just took my about 2-3 minutes to wait for my phone to actually spell out what I was writing. I'm going to be getting a new phone in the next couple weeks I can't stand this anymore. Id rather have a dumbphone than a 'smart'phone that barely does the basic things I ask of it. I really don't do anything crazy just basic web browsing and checking weather and email. I don't even have a ton of apps just euchre and my kindle. I'm over this. 2.2 didn't benefit my phone at all and I'm so bummed.

Did you try a factory reset?

I was having issues with slowness lag and lockups when i first installed the update but after doing a factory reset its working amazingly well.
 
I did the hard reset and everything is the same. Well except having to reinstall my apps and redo my wall papers and whatnot. Trying to type on this forum is the worst on my phone its not as laggy on another forum but its still the same. Slow and just eh still not as bad as my old blackberry but its not as good as I expected it to be.

Anyone else have ATK on their phone and with this new update found that even after killing tasks when you go into the browser after killing taks it brings up your last page rather than going to the homepage.

I'm still disappointed but oh well what can you do things can't be perfect.
 
Well I'm breathing a sigh of relief, because I used the Mobile Support Tool on my stock, unrooted Ally on Tuesday night when it was first mentioned on here, and it went very smoothly. I wonder if they made some changes that made it more unstable since then? I'm really enjoying 2.2.

Edit: And please forgive me if I step on any toes here, because I guarantee I am way less knowledgeable than 99 percent of you here, but...it's pretty important to remove the SD card before applying the update, right? I would think if you forget to do that it might hang up. Just a thought.
 
I didn't and everything worked just fine.

Oh well, just a thought. I know when I used to take my old LG Dare in to the Verizon store for updates I took the SD card out first because people in the Dare forum reported that the updates took much longer with the card in. Of course, that wasn't a smart phone, so I may be comparing apples to oranges. :p
 
Alright so I'm pullin my hair out over this. I have the most recent lgmu, have used it in the past with no issues. I know my drivers are right because it recognized the phone and says current version on the phone is vzc and that vzd is the new version but the update option is grayed out and even though it knows what I have and what is newest, it refuses to do the upgrade......help! Even if someone had the .cab file I could make it use that.


Thanx,
-James
 
Just updated mine. No problems at all, and no app/contact/data loss. I've never done anything like this before, and I was still surprised at how incredibly easy it was. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom