• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We'll be saying goodbye to Evo for Thunderbolt

Are you sure you're going to get 3G from Verizon in the same situation? My parent's house in the sticks only has Verizon or AT&T available yet I roam onto the VZ 3G network with my EVO when I'm visiting them. Not as fast as native Sprint 3G but definitely faster than my old phone which would not roam onto the VZ 3G network.

I was about to post the same thing. I guess he didn't feel he got enough attention from one thread?

Maybe we can organize one big Thunderbolt e-cookie to give the guy.

I get it. Sprint sucks in his area, Verizon doesn't. The device needs to be able to perform the minimum expectations of a smartphone to be considered and 3G data is one of them. I would have switched, too, albeit with a little less fanfare.

why didn't he just flash the evo with a verizon prl????

I have looked at the thunderbolt briefly...those lte speeds are pretty insane ...but I imagine my house lacks lte just as it does wimax

hrmmmm...just looked it up and my home addy shows to actually have lte...so does work ( I get no sprint 3g or 4g at work)

very interesting

At least alot of you can get wireless at home and have other high speed options like 4g here in the 20 year behind on technology state of WV I have to pedal a bike to generate enuff power to even charge my phone. LOL! Actually the 3g is the only high speed I can get here where I live, besides the dish option and their little F.A.P sucks!

I looked into deleting this particular thread because after posting I realized I wanted on the "All thing rooted" site. Hence, the double post. Sorry that it has caused some issues. :rolleyes:

why ?

it dont belong there. what does your post have to do with root?

I looked into deleting this particular thread because after posting I realized I wanted on the "All thing rooted" site. Hence, the double post. Sorry that it has caused some issues. :rolleyes:

no issues, just gave me a lil chuckle is all... i still think that you can keep the evo on the vzw prl(until sprint boots ya that is LoL)

It's from the changelog of the netarchy kernel. ;)

I listed it that way to advertise that some of us do read the changelogs, and that if you don't, maybe you'll want to. :D

I'm running an older release of the Evo rom and a kernel that matches it. I'm perfectly content, and awaiting Gingerbread or my next phone, under the theory that after a certain point, I don't fix what isn't broken. (That kernel does limit still camera megapixels, tho - and - that's another don't-care for me.)

It's from the changelog of the netarchy kernel. ;)

I listed it that way to advertise that some of us do read the changelogs, and that if you don't, maybe you'll want to. :D

I'm running an older release of the Evo rom and a kernel that matches it. I'm perfectly content, and awaiting Gingerbread or my next phone, under the theory that after a certain point, I don't fix what isn't broken. (That kernel does limit still camera megapixels, tho - and - that's another don't-care for me.)

LoL gotcha, yeah thats what i found from my google search... too funny man:) im kinda at the same point, cm7 and tiamat 3.3.7 work.... period lol so why attempt to fix what aint broke?

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get at least decent data speeds with my Carrier. Evo is a great device but the wireless data you get from your carrier is ALWAYS first (to me anyway). So I hope you enjoy your thunderbolt!

Indeed...the carrier comes first...then choose the phone. I may be moving to Verizon when my Sprint contract is up. I have more issues than anticipated with Sprint's 3G coverage. Also, by the time my contract is up, most of the places I go will finally have saturated LTE coverage. I'll probably pay an extra $20/mo though...

If you have a Sprint phone you can roam on Verizons network. If you have taken road trips using navigationyour phone has to be out of Sprint Only for roaming purposes. If you don't have access to 3G, navigation won't work. This means you are using Verizon towers for data.

4G and 3G speeds all depend on your area. 4G is still super spotty and inconsistent. I just did a speed test in the parking lot at mcdonalds. 3G was 1.2 mbs down and 900kbs up. Switched to 4G and got 6.2 mbs up and 2.2 mbs down.

Just figured is throw that out there. I'm in Cleveland Ohio by the way.

my speeds arnt too bad even in roaming situations. still better ping times than my home internet (wildblue) because i literally live in the middle of nowhere... and spend a month at a time without service lol but i still throw my 94 bucks a month at "the man" and am completely satisfied with what ever service i do recieve from them

Back
Top Bottom