• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What exactly is a nandroid backup?

well, i have seen the evo have issues with smaller cards, so i'm not if that will work. plus i think most nandroids are bigger then 64mb. i would at least try a 8g card.

well, i have seen the evo have issues with smaller cards, so i'm not if that will work. plus i think most nandroids are bigger then 64mb. i would at least try a 8g card.

Yeah I tried putting it in andvwhen Idid it didnt allow me to mount the the card. Another idea I had was how about updarin Amon Ra again or even udating back CW to make thw nandriod of my current CM7.

that is actually not a bad idea. you can try switching recoveries. if it fails as well then we know for sure something is wrong with sd card.

so my nandroid of cm7 with first blood theme is at 516mb.

OK just checked my mbs for both the Stock Sense rom and my CM7 but with almost no apps as I had yet to have backed up my apps from TB when I made the nandroid.
My Stock sense is 697mb which Iam guessing its that large because of all sprint bloat ware and sense stuff
And the CM7 was 370mb but like I said whith out any of my backed up apps from TB which I only backed up no more than 70.

I was able to free up 393mbs and went to just make wifi back up nandroid and the second it started it gave me the error.

When it asks me to check the recovery log. The log is supposed to be in cache/recovery correct. Thats where I have been looking for the logs this whole time. Iam about to load a fresh new update of 2.3 Amon Ra pc36img and update to my phone. This the same one that I used when I fist installed it. Just wanted to know there wasnt another place where these recovery logs can be to see if it can tell the problem already.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/255503-question-about-recovery-log.html
This says that its suppose to be either in the cache/recovery/log or tmp/recovery.log But I dont have tmp/recovery.log which is what Iam not understanding.

OK just checked my mbs for both the Stock Sense rom and my CM7 but with almost no apps as I had yet to have backed up my apps from TB when I made the nandroid.
My Stock sense is 697mb which Iam guessing its that large because of all sprint bloat ware and sense stuff
And the CM7 was 370mb but like I said whith out any of my backed up apps from TB which I only backed up no more than 70.

I was able to free up 393mbs and went to just make wifi back up nandroid and the second it started it gave me the error.

When it asks me to check the recovery log. The log is supposed to be in cache/recovery correct. Thats where I have been looking for the logs this whole time. Iam about to load a fresh new update of 2.3 Amon Ra pc36img and update to my phone. This the same one that I used when I fist installed it. Just wanted to know there wasnt another place where these recovery logs can be to see if it can tell the problem already.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/255503-question-about-recovery-log.html
This says that its suppose to be either in the cache/recovery/log or tmp/recovery.log But I dont have tmp/recovery.log which is what Iam not understanding.

you have 70 apps that you restore with titanium... holy moly.......that is alot

ok if you get that error again, immediate after in amon ra select "other" and then select "move log to sd card". this should put the recovery log in /sd card.

have you tried switching back to cwand tried making a nandroid?

ok if you get that error again, immediate after in amon ra select "other" and then select "move log to sd card". this should put the recovery log in /sd card.

have you tried switching back to cwand tried making a nandroid?

Ok where would the other choice be at the same screen I get the error?

And I just now loaded the pc36img.zip of my original 2.3 Amon Ra and did not read it when I wen into boot loader. Is that because its reconziting that I already have that and not giving me the option to update.

it is in the main menu of amon ra. there is an option "other" select that and then "move log to sd card".

not sure why it did not recognize it. do you already have one on the card. it will get confused otherwise and won't update. are you naming it correctly (you probably are, but i had to ask).

it is in the main menu of amon ra. there is an option "other" select that and then "move log to sd card".

not sure why it did not recognize it. do you already have one on the card. it will get confused otherwise and won't update. are you naming it correctly (you probably are, but i had to ask).

Yeah I naming it pc36img and making sure not to put .zip to not repeat it. And no I didnt have one.

I just finally understood how to move the log file just did it now What Should do with it what Iam I looking for

if you could copy and paste what is in the recovery log and post it here. i'm not really good a reading script files, but it should show what went wrong. and if i can't decipher it maybe some of the other gurus here on this forum can help out.

OK Just read my log and I cant beilive what Iam about to tell you guys not enough space on sd card. You see Ocean breeze all I need was for someone to tell me how to move the log to the SD Cars your only person who told me how to do it. Poeple where telling me you have to prompt to do that and all that great non accurate information. But this still doesnt make sense because I tried making a nandroid of just the wifi there is no way wifi is nandroid will take up 500mb. Remeber this error came from me just xing the wifi.

Its says at the bottom checking free space on sd card Error not enough free space available on sd card need 500mb aborting.

Now How Can I send you this or post it so you can read the rest and make sure that the ext sd card xing didnt create another error. So very happy right now but want to know whats up with the pc36img.zip Iam really wondering why The pc36img.zip file is not being read and asking me to update it.

well as far as posting it here, you can use any file manager and open the recovery log and copy it then go into phone browser and find this page and paste it.

yeah not sure on the PC36IMG.zip. do you have one already on there? i would wait on trying another amon ra recovery until we look at the log.

edit: also if you are getting that error then i would try and free up some space on your card and see if that makes any difference.

OK Just read my log and I cant beilive what Iam about to tell you guys not enough space on sd card. You see Ocean breeze all I need was for someone to tell me how to move the log to the SD Cars your only person who told me how to do it. Poeple where telling me you have to prompt to do that and all that great non accurate information. But this still doesnt make sense because I tried making a nandroid of just the wifi there is no way wifi is nandroid will take up 500mb. Remeber this error came from me just xing the wifi.

Its says at the bottom checking free space on sd card Error not enough free space available on sd card need 500mb aborting.

Now How Can I send you this or post it so you can read the rest and make sure that the ext sd card xing didnt create another error. So very happy right now but want to know whats up with the pc36img.zip Iam really wondering why The pc36img.zip file is not being read and asking me to update it.

Way to go ocean..........,thanks

well as far as posting it here, you can use any file manager and open the recovery log and copy it then go into phone browser and find this page and paste it.

yeah not sure on the PC36IMG.zip. do you have one already on there? i would wait on trying another amon ra recovery until we look at the log.

edit: also if you are getting that error then i would try and free up some space on your card and see if that makes any difference.
Here it is

.47.005 ro.bt.profiles=4270339 ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120 ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint gsm.sim.operator.numeric=0 gsm.sim.operator.alpha=0 gsm.sim.operator.iso-country=0 ro.config.alarm_alert=Light.mp3 ro.config.cal_notification=Vector.mp3 ro.config.msg_notification=Ascend.mp3 ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r3 media.a1026.nsForVoiceRec=0 htc.audio.alt.enable=1 htc.audio.hac.enable=1 net.bt.name=Android net.change=net.bt.name ro.config.sync=yes dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt ro.modversion=RA-supersonic-v2.3 ro.factorytest=0 ro.serialno=HT0ARHL10801 ro.bootmode=recovery ro.baseband=2.15.00.09.01 ro.carrier=COMMON ro.bootloader=2.02.0000 ro.hardware=supersonic ro.revision=3 ro.cid=SPCS_001 init.svc.recovery=running init.svc.adbd=running I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" *** WARNING *** sd-ext and .android_secure backups require lots of SDcard space and may take a few minutes to back up! I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" *** WARNING *** sd-ext and .android_secure backups require lots of SDcard space and may take a few minutes to back up! I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" Create Nandroid backup? Press Power to confirm, any other key to abort. Performing backup : . nandroid-mobile v2.2.1 Using G1 keyboard, enter a prefix substring and then or just to accept default: Accepting default. Using - prefix to create a backup folder mounting system and data read-only, sdcard read-write checking free space on sdcard Error: not enough free space available on sdcard (need 500mb), aborting. Oops... something went wrong! Please check the recovery log! I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" I:Set boot command "" Move recovery.log to SD Press Power to confirm, any other key to

Hold on this doesnt look right
I got the file and copy and pasted using root explorer let me try with Adoa file manager

THIS IS IT FINALLY ONLY TOOK A MILLION YEARS AND HALF

Starting recovery on Sun May 15 05:32:54 2011
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 3 (480 x 800)
Build : RA-supersonic-v2.3
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1
ro.config.ringtone=Windchimer.mp3
ro.config.notification_sound=Little.mp3
ro.build.id=ERE27
ro.build.display.id=1.32.651.1
ro.build.version.incremental=171253
ro.build.version.sdk=7
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1
ro.build.date=Wed Apr 28 21:39:52 CST 2010
ro.build.date.utc=1272461992
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=lala-01
ro.build.host=lala-01-desktop
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=PC36100
ro.product.brand=sprint
ro.product.name=htc_supersonic
ro.product.device=supersonic
ro.product.board=supersonic
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
ro.product.locale.language=hdpi
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=qsd8k
ro.build.product=supersonic
ro.build.description=1.32.651.1 CL171253 test-keys
ro.build.changelist=171253
ro.product.ua=
ro.build.fingerprint=sprint/htc_supersonic/supersonic/supersonic:2.1-update1/ERE27/171253:userdebug/test-keys
ro.product.version=1.32.651.1
keyguard.no_require_sim=1
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=4
ro.telephony.default_network=4
wifi.interface=eth0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
ro.com.android.dataroaming=true
ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sprint-us
persist.service.mount.playsnd=0
ro.ril.def.agps.mode=2
settings.display.autobacklight=1
settings.display.brightness=143
dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m
ro.media.enc.file.format=3gp,mp4
ro.media.enc.vid.codec=m4v,h263
ro.media.enc.vid.h263.width=176,1280
ro.media.enc.vid.h263.height=144,720
ro.media.enc.vid.h263.bps=64000,6000000
ro.media.enc.vid.h263.fps=1,30
ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.width=176,1280
ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.height=144,720
ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.bps=64000,6000000
ro.media.enc.vid.m4v.fps=1,30
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=20000000
ro.bt.chipset=Broadcom BCM4329-B1
ro.bt.version=Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
ro.bt.stack=Broadcom BTL-A
ro.bt.stack.version=2.0.47.005
ro.bt.profiles=4270339
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=0
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=0
gsm.sim.operator.iso-country=0
ro.config.alarm_alert=Light.mp3
ro.config.cal_notification=Vector.mp3
ro.config.msg_notification=Ascend.mp3
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r3
media.a1026.nsForVoiceRec=0
htc.audio.alt.enable=1
htc.audio.hac.enable=1
net.bt.name=Android
net.change=net.bt.name
ro.config.sync=yes
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
ro.modversion=RA-supersonic-v2.3
ro.factorytest=0
ro.serialno=HT0ARHL10801
ro.bootmode=recovery
ro.baseband=2.15.00.09.01
ro.carrier=COMMON
ro.bootloader=2.02.0000
ro.hardware=supersonic
ro.revision=3
ro.cid=SPCS_001
init.svc.recovery=running
init.svc.adbd=running

I:Set boot command ""

*** WARNING ***
sd-ext and .android_secure backups require
lots of SDcard space and may take a few
minutes to back up!

*** WARNING ***
sd-ext and .android_secure backups require
lots of SDcard space and may take a few
minutes to back up!

Create Nandroid backup?
Press Power to confirm,
any other key to abort.

Performing backup : .
nandroid-mobile v2.2.1

Using G1 keyboard, enter a prefix substring and then <CR>
or just <CR> to accept default: Accepting default.

Using - prefix to create a backup folder

mounting system and data read-only, sdcard read-write
checking free space on sdcard
Error: not enough free space available on sdcard (need 500mb), aborting.

Oops... something went wrong!
Please check the recovery log!

Move recovery.log to SD
Press Power to confirm,
any other key to abort.

Moving : .

yeah that is it. you do not have enough space on your card for another nandroid. you can delete some stuff and see if that helps, try your 8g card, or buy are bigger sd card. if you do get a card try a patriot 16g class 10 card. i bought mine from newegg. they are usually on sale for $32.

yeah that is it. you do not have enough space on your card for another nandroid. you can delete some stuff and see if that helps, try your 8g card, or buy are bigger sd card. if you do get a card try a patriot 16g class 10 card. i bought mine from newegg. they are usually on sale for $32.

I man you dont know how much I thank you. After milion and half posts in almost every major android forum you were the one who had the brain cell and half to finally tell me how to get the log which not even the geniuses at xda even mention on how to actually do the task. They just kept on saying that it should in those folders I mentioned. And trust me I have been wanting to get 32 gig since I got the Evo. Just waiting to get some cash since they have gone down but they are still 80 dollars. I tried deleting eveything I could from the 2gig. Both nandroids on there are taking up the space.

And on my 8gig I will try and free up 200mb becuase I have 300 already there. But just cant understand why the wifi by it self would take up that amount. Anyways the guys at XDA dont have shit on you bro lol.

And I think I know whats up with the pc36img.zip. I have to do that through my 8gig there was something on the 2gig that it did want to read it I think. Iam going to test that now. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom