• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is everyones favorite browser for android?

a lot of people swear by dolphin. i give it a go every now and then, but always go back to opera mobile.

I can't live without Dolphin on any of my Android devices. Its plugin support for LastPass and Evernote make it an absolute necessity.

Anyone tried boat? It got mentioned a few times in some other threads.

I personally usually use dolphinHD or the stock browser, but I like opera mini a lot as well.

Dolphin HD is everything i wish Firefox mobile was...

I test out each browser for a week to a month and Dolphin wins everytime.

firefox shouldnt have a splash loading screen every time you open it and its too slow to use normally. also flash doesnt seem to work in it.

opera is just strange to me.

stock has NONE of the features i use daily in dolphin and crashes on flash a lot, on sites where dolphin renders them perfectly.

i tried Chrome on the ICS rom, and it SEEMS like its working but every site i load stays a blank white page. i never see anything.

that happen for anyone else?

i think if your someone whos "fine" with the stock browser, all that says is that you dont browse enough to know why it sucks. and if your anyone else, your on dolphin unless you want to "support the little guys" opera has a specialized niche user base so not really commenting on that.

I think Chrome will shoot ahead very, very quickly above dolphin if Google uses the "Chrome" brand to its advantage and makes a fast lightweight awesome browser

Dolphin HD is everything i wish Firefox mobile was...

I test out each browser for a week to a month and Dolphin wins everytime.

firefox shouldnt have a splash loading screen every time you open it and its too slow to use normally. also flash doesnt seem to work in it.

opera is just strange to me.

stock has NONE of the features i use daily in dolphin and crashes on flash a lot, on sites where dolphin renders them perfectly.

i tried Chrome on the ICS rom, and it SEEMS like its working but every site i load stays a blank white page. i never see anything.

that happen for anyone else?

i think if your someone whos "fine" with the stock browser, all that says is that you dont browse enough to know why it sucks. and if your anyone else, your on dolphin unless you want to "support the little guys" opera has a specialized niche user base so not really commenting on that.

I think Chrome will shoot ahead very, very quickly above dolphin if Google uses the "Chrome" brand to its advantage and makes a fast lightweight awesome browser

Chrome uses opengl to operate (or at least from what I have read) and I don't think its working properly on ICS hence why it's not rendering properly. I browse the web a lot and I still like the stock browser. Granted i don't use it for watching flash videos just looking at the forums and such, and don't really care about plug in support.

Opera Mobile here, it is the smoothest and fastest. It has turbo mode which can be toggled to save data like mini does, and it's compatible with more sites than mini.

I always end up going back to Opera mobile and I believe I've tried them all.

PS. Shouldn't this be asked in the general not root? lol :P

I have tried Dolphin and DolphinHD myself. It is not much different than my xScopes Pro in terms of download speed.

I used to just use stock, but people swore by Dolphin so I figured I'd give it a try. Honestly after about a month of using it I don't really see how it's so much better than stock, but I still use it for the heck of it.

I'm really just waiting for Chrome. Once I get that I doubt I'll ever even look at anything else.

Stock & dolphin hd are my browsers of choice :-). Though as I'm not running cm9 I can't say chrome which I already know I would use lol. I like dolphin because it reminds me a lot of chrome.

Back
Top Bottom