• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is everyones favorite browser for android?

Stock browser and defaults on miui amd cyanogen
As long as i have the ability to download dorectly im golden.
so i always use download all files apk to keep it simple.

I only use go launcher

I use dolphinHD most of the time but when i do goto opera mobile for downloading things from like rapidshare and such... whenever i goto google or some other sites its like a totally different experience from dolphinhd.. google looks like it should on a mobile but opera's google looks shitty and like im on a blackberry.. same with gawker sites.. i can see and read comments on dolphin but on opera i cant..

its really odd..so i switch between the 2

I used the stock for a while .It has most of the functions I'd need, but I downloaded Dolphin for the heck of it.
I like a lot of Dophin's functions, that it has add-ons and so forth. It's what I expect from Firefox (unfortunately they don't deliver on the mobile platform. It leaves much to be desired, I think), in a handy mobile package.
I would probably be more willing to use Chrome if it had flash. I know a lot of people don't mind the omission, but I do. I fail to understand why Adobe is ceasing support of something a lot of sites use, but I know that's due to development of HTML5.
Anyway.

When Chrome is more polished (get it? Huh? Anyone? Hello?), I'll probably give it a go, see if I like it more than Dolphin.

I used the stock for a while .It has most of the functions I'd need, but I downloaded Dolphin for the heck of it.
I like a lot of Dophin's functions, that it has add-ons and so forth. It's what I expect from Firefox (unfortunately they don't deliver on the mobile platform. It leaves much to be desired, I think), in a handy mobile package.
I would probably be more willing to use Chrome if it had flash. I know a lot of people don't mind the omission, but I do. I fail to understand why Adobe is ceasing support of something a lot of sites use, but I know that's due to development of HTML5.
Anyway.

When Chrome is more polished (get it? Huh? Anyone? Hello?), I'll probably give it a go, see if I like it more than Dolphin.

I agree with the Firefox point. It crashes often and is slow most of the time (at least for me). They really need to pick up their game or they're gonna get bumped out.

I use Dolphin HD.

The thing in the stock browser that I miss most is that when I re-opened the same link (say from a bookmark shortcut in home screen), if there is a tab already has that link opened, it will reuse that tab rather than opening a new one.

Numerous benchmark tests have shown Opera Mobile to be the fastest in page load times.. if you don't count Opera Mini which of course is the fastest due to its proxy compression, which I don't because it doesn't support flash or html5.

After personally testing Boat, Opera Mobile, and Dolphin: Opera Mobile passed the MOST of all the online HTML5 tests. I just don't like the UI of Opera Mobile.. specifically the splash screen at startup and it always opens up the last page that you viewed instead of the home page on startup. That's just personal preference. Opera Mobile does render pages beautifully though.

My favorite browser is Boat Browser (full not mini).. it loads up fast and the UI is perfect for my preferences. A lot of people prefer Dolphin and I see it is the most downloaded on Market. I have tried both mini and full and found them to be a bit slower, clunky, and the UI to be quite ugly.. but that is my own personal opinion :)

I used to enjoy Xscope Pro but I haven't seen an update in ages and there is no HTML5 support.

ebnight - It's sad considering how well their performance is on a desktop or other environment. There's a reason Ubuntu picked up Firefox as the default (though I expect at some point it'll be Chrome-which makes me sad)

marc12868 - If I recall you are correct. Chrome uses OpenGL, which would make sense considering Android is Linux-based and 'nux uses OpenGL rendering. (not all iterations, but a lot)

britton1981 - I used Opera on my Intercept. I liked it a lot. I switched to Dolphin recently and I prefer it. IT may not be as fast (I know it isn't, and I'm sure Opera is faster than Dolphin in benchmark testing), but it has more customization and so forth. I enjoy tweaking anything I can, including my browser.

I like Dolphin HD, I use the gestures a lot and I use Dolphin Sonar every so often. I've tried different browsers and I'm a heavy user. It all just comes down to preference.

I prefer Skyfire, I've tried all the above mentioned browsers and keep coming back to Skyfire. it's the one I started with so it's just the one I'm the most comfortable with.

If anybody cares...
Opra Mini just updated today and now uses OpenGL, and they added an exit button.
Cool.:D

I've actually been using this today, seems good to me. Then again, most of the browsers seem good to me, it's hard to decide.

Mostly, I've been using chrome though.

I started playing around with firefox's aurora browser which seems pretty nice too.

I've been using Opera Mini lately as well and it's super smooth. My only gripe about it is downloads don't appear on the notification bar and it has trouble with some videos. Overall a good experience, though.

I tried Chrome but it's significantly slower than even stock browser and it doesn't support flash. It might just be 'cause I'm running an unofficial CM9 port but idk.

I agree with the Firefox point. It crashes often and is slow most of the time (at least for me). They really need to pick up their game or they're gonna get bumped out.
So it wasn't just me then. Between two different ROM builds, it almost displayed one page; it just hangs on launch, contemplating life and all (reminded me of old IE). A big disappointment since I love it on Windows, Ubuntu.

I used to use Opera a few years ago (until it got less and less compatible); perhaps I'll give that a shot.

I use opera mobile... anyone used UC browser? I liked thefunny squirrel icon.

I've been trying them all lately. I require something very data friendly. I've settled on Opera Mini Next ... it uses about 20 to 40 KB per page rather than 300 to 500 KB with others. I use stock browser if I must view a video etc.

My ideal would be Opera Mobile with Turbo toggled off when off wifi but for some reason I get errors when on Turbo. (Pages don't load at all)

Okay now my favorite browser is Browser Toggle. When I'm on wifi I have it set to bring up the stock browser as default .... then when I'm on mobile network I have it set to bring up Opera Mini Next as default to conserve data.

Back
Top Bottom