• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What ROM to use??

What ROM Should I use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rvarn1

:rolleyes: I'm currently running CyanogenMod 7 on my triumph, but does everyone think that MIUI is better?? Should I stick with my current ROM, or change to MIUI? I'm trying to decide... :)
*edit*I've tried MIUI.... its my daily (for now). Everything "just works" and is smooth (by my standards). The launcher isn't the best, but easily remedied. I like how it's set-up! I shall backup MIUI and try CM7 again. Stock is meh.... Although, I called about a service issue, and forgot that I couldn't provision my phone... oops. :)

Try them both and decide which you like best.
I could try 'em both... but my data is kind of important. :) Can't have a clean slate all of the time... I guess I'm just trying to get the general opinion.. I should note that I'm currently running the latest CM7 beta.

im running princely rom now and ill switch to bRom when its released
Ok.... keep the opinions flowing in guys! :) I'm checking out the ROM you mentioned... is it in the forum anywhere?
EDIT: This is my 100th post! Wow... I feel a little talkative...

I tried Cm7 a few times and never really liked it because it had too many bugs but then I tried MIUI and love it!

Ok.... keep the opinions flowing in guys! :) I'm checking out the ROM you mentioned... is it in the forum anywhere?
EDIT: This is my 100th post! Wow... I feel a little talkative...

Princely rom and bRom are both posted although bRom is still being beta tested

I like them all but with MIUI I have not had a random reboot in two days. (knock on wood):rolleyes:
Yeah I've noticed that my phone will blow up and die if it stays on for mor than 24 hours.. if I don't reboot it, it reboots itself. MIUI doesn't have this issue? :)

im beta testing bRom now and its been awhile since ive enjoyed this phone id say it is the best rom there is :)

Can you please elaborate? How is it better than CM7 or MIUI? It's 2.2, not 2.3, right? I see a huge speed increase on anything once it has 2.3...but I may b missing something.

Can you please elaborate? How is it better than CM7 or MIUI? It's 2.2, not 2.3, right? I see a huge speed increase on anything once it has 2.3...but I may b missing something.

ive tried stock froyo, cm7, miui, princley rom, and bRom beta and id say bRom is the most responsive and fastest ive used and although its 2.2 the only thing im missing thats in 2.3 is gtalk video and dsp manager also cm7 and miui are not complete they have to many bugs for me to enjoy my Triumph

Edit: i can see how 2.3 adds more features and compatibility to our phones but ive noticed that 2.2 takes less ram and runs smoother especially when theres tweaks and mods applied to it

I love MIUI, the themes are great, I just realized how some themes have boot animations! Also its been more stable than cm7..I feel like I have a totally different phone, recommend MIUI ...

I'm suprrised more people aren't on Miui. This rom rocks. I have 0 issues. No reboots( ever) no Wi-Fi lock up, mms works, no flashing on a call. At this point I have been using it for weeks and have mo issues. Only thing buggy is HDMI. That's it. Miui is the way to go. I love to show off my phone.

I just backed up my CM7 and about to switch over to MIUI to see how it is since I've heard good stuff about it.

cm7 for sure miui honesty doesent run as good on this phone its a lil choppy but cm7 works ****in great

Maybe every device is different. I wait switched to Cm7 for a few days when Miui didn't have mms support and I couldn't take it. It was sluggish I was getting resets constantly and it is just very ugly and basic. It does have some extras but nothing close to Miui. CM7 just looks like Android. Miui looks and feels like a new phone.

Maybe every device is different. I wait switched to Cm7 for a few days when Miui didn't have mms support and I couldn't take it. It was sluggish I was getting resets constantly and it is just very ugly and basic. It does have some extras but nothing close to Miui. CM7 just looks like Android. Miui looks and feels like a new phone.

i totally agree. i used CM7 since the very first alpha build isaac posted, and MIUI is something amazing compared to CM7. the customization is endless, and seriously i find myself redoing my customizations almost daily, and don't even realize it til like two or three hours later, just because MIUI looks SOOOO amazing to just play around with and see everything people have brought to the table for it. CM7 is great, don't get me wrong, but it is in no way comparable to the amount of options and the fluidity of MIUI's OS. I use MIUI as my daily and i even use an alternative app drawer that i found on XDA... i just edit my main icons off my home screen through the access control toggle... and i would only go back if CM9 came out. i friggin love MIUI and how it handles like a dream. the only down side with it as of now is that the GPU RAM isn't fully allocated which seems to make high-end games choppy, but I'm not that big of a gamer on my phone, so i can't say much on the matter.

I could try 'em both... but my data is kind of important. :) Can't have a clean slate all of the time... I guess I'm just trying to get the general opinion.. I should note that I'm currently running the latest CM7 beta.

miui is amazing. isaac87 is working wonders with miui without even having the source. it has become my daily. also, you don't need to start from a clean state all the time. do a nandroid backup of your current rom in clockworkmod. then flash miui or whatever rom you choose. set it up the new rom however you like then make another nandroid backup. you'll then be able to restore either rom in clockworkmod without constantly losing your data. of course you need to wipe data/factory reset when switching between restores.

Exactly. With MIUI it feels like a whole new phone. I especially love all the lockscreen options ( I'm using the five points lockscreen) and how you can download more themes without the need of an extra app like on cm7.

I would say MIUI but there are some bugs that bug me and prevent it from being my daily, so I'd have to say CM7 because Ticker is fixing the majority of the bugs very quickly!

Back
Top Bottom