• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What was Your First Android Device?

Mine was the Samsung Galaxy S2 i believe because i left The Rotten Apple IPhone 3G :thinking:

The Samsung Galaxy S2 was my first Samsung phone. I needed an unlocked phone due to overseas travel. and unlocked phone were hard to find in the states at that time. I bought it from NewEgg and it was an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 from Greece. it was hard to figure out how to change it to English due to the Greek alphabet, and it changed back to the Greek alphabet every time there was an update. I also couldn't believe how bad the camera was on that phone, especially night shots.

Reactions: techfunhj
Upvote 0
My first was the HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio (4G), and my then wife had the HTC Wildfire S (3G). Both had shockingly pathetic internal storage, and once the bloatware FB app was subsequently updated (thus requiring more storage), it became impossible to add more apps!
that was what got me rooting my htc phones back in those days. my htc evo 3g was a beast, once it was rooted.

Upvote 0
What was your first Android device?

I'll start: My first Android device was a Kindle Fire (2nd Gen. or so), not long after Amazon first brought out the Kindle Fire line. The screen was small, not much bigger than my modern iPhone's screen. It didn't have a good desktop: Finding and launching apps could be a pain, and shutting down apps was even more of a pain. But there was one thing it was good at: Letting me buy and read e-books! I have a soft spot for that little blue tablet.

Now, don't let this scare you off from buying a modern Kindle Fire. The Kindle Fire has come a long way from the days of 2nd Gen.; you'll be able to launch and shut down apps just fine on a modern Kindle Fire tablet!
Samsung S2. Great 1st touch mobile. Got it on a whim whilst having a day out in Perth with a friend. Turned out to be a sweet deal, too: $29 a month which included the same data plan I was paying for each month anyway (using my beloved Nokia 6300 candybar). 24 months later, it was mine, outright! I ended up passing it to my teenage son and he used it for at least two more years, until it was no longer viable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones