• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

It's cooler here today. It proved to be a perfect day to get the bike out of the shed. With just a gentle breeze from the North, it was just perfect riding. It's warmed up some since I got home. It's now 93° but the humidity is low at only 38%. It's still a beautiful day.

It was hot and humid with no wind to speak of. Official high was 96°. My weather station topped out at 100°. With the humidity in the sixties it was a steam bath. It was one of those rare miserable days to be mowing lawns.

Something is really messed up with the weather. There was a lot of damage to trees and roofs, haven't heard of injuries. It's bound to be on the national news. There were just so many touchdowns in a short period of time in the Chicagoland area
While I was melting today I thought man this weather is perfect for a big storm to brew. It was way hot and way humid and not a leaf stirring in the trees. Six tornado touchdowns is at least six too many!

Kentucky has been feeling more like Florida lately. mid-upper 90s with 80% humidity expected the rest of the week and through the weekend.

2005 Saturn IONs don't run much at all when the temps get that high. The A/C starts alternating between ice cold and hot and musty, and it won't idle worth a crap. Thought it was capacitor plague in the ECM, now, not so sure. Runs fine in spring and fall though. Winter (when temps get below 20 F) the reduced engine light comes on and it runs on two cylinders. I don't drive it in Winter anymore.

A weather system move through my area around two AM. It dropped a third of an inch of rain and cooled things off somewhat. The system put on quite the light show.

Another system moved through during the wee hours today that dropped another third inch of rain. It really cooled things down.
Presently it is 68° and the projected high is only 76°. Pretty incredible weather for July!

It's been dry and hot since my post above. It's almost August and not out of the ordinary to be hot and dry this time of year in Kansas. Nothing but triple digits is in the forecast for next week with a slight chance of rain next weekend. Presently it is 98° and rising. My yard already looks like someone took a torch to it. I can't wait to see what damage another week of high temps and no moisture might do. I'm thinking crispy bleak.

I just got home from mowing. My weather station says it's 98.8° and with the heat index 109°. I would have guessed 110 or maybe 111° :) It's way hot and the trend is to continue through the week. I hope the heat and no rain will eventually drop the humidity.
Between the heat and high humidity, right now it's simply miserable outside.

Yeah It will be up in that weather too, just barely eighty out but with a nice cool breeze, just helped my mother out on the deck a few seconds ago.

My weather app says 103° and my station says 105°. Which is right, I have no clue. I know it's damn hot real hot. I'm cooking dinner on the Blackstone tonight. I might not need any propane. :)

CatMelted.png

Back
Top Bottom